Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 'Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide' -- Discussion
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2008 :  14:29:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by arry

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

. . . I'm curious to see whether it will be maintained, modified, or ignored completely.

I reckon it'll be ignored completely, to do otherwise wouldn't be 'PC friendly'

I'm not so sure about that. I think the overall concept will be maintained, but it may be weakened somewhat to make it more "PC friendly" -- allowing players plenty of opportunity to interact with this part of the core D&D world.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 07 Oct 2008 14:30:50
Go to Top of Page

Rabiesbunny
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  03:47:35  Show Profile  Visit Rabiesbunny's Homepage Send Rabiesbunny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

With them having pulled back the license and the simple fact it was one of the only settings that was published in 3E, I think it's safe to assume we'll see Ravenloft after Eber-whatsit. Dark Sun is another likely possibility, since they're redoing one of the novel series for that setting (perhaps as a way of testing the waters). Greyhawk is another possibility, but I'd not put money on that one.
Actually, according to "Digital Insider #6," we've learned that RAVENLOFT will likely be established using the 4e D&D rules set in this month's issue of DRAGON. From what we've been told, it won't be a separate campaign setting but, rather, something that will be "folded into the core [story]." I'm assuming this means that it'll be completely canonical according to D&D 4e.

Oh, goodie. Ravenloft. AND 4th Edition. Let's just fill it with those super-special Tiefling Warlocks Toril is now filled with, make them vampires, and including in their starting gear a copy of Twilight.

Sounds like an evening! :)

It feels as if no good can come from this. I like Ravenloft, but a 4e Ravenloft seems...I dunno.

Edit: I just realized what an old thread this is. Oopsie! ^^;

"Then I was right. Jobe has all his children killed, and Michael Bay gets to keep making his movies. There is no god."

Edited by - Rabiesbunny on 15 Apr 2009 03:48:38
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  05:37:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, we've heard nothing further about any new RAVENLOFT developments in 4e. I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing at the moment, though.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4436 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2009 :  11:39:49  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well from what WotC just released earlier this week (or the one before) Dark Sun will be the campaign setting for 2010. Having hated 2E rules, I've no idea what this setting is about aside from the fact that there are supposedly no Gods. Interesting to see how they work in all of those Divine power-based classes into the setting.

As for Ravenloft, well we'll see what happens. I believe that Dragon Lance will get the "Go Ahead" as the 2011 campaign setting but maybe the year after?

quote:
Originally posted by Rabiesbunny

Oh, goodie. Ravenloft. AND 4th Edition. Let's just fill it with those super-special Tiefling Warlocks Toril is now filled with, make them vampires, and including in their starting gear a copy of Twilight.

Well aren't you just full of joy and cheer....

Yea, WotC should just let Ravenloft stay dead and work on a new setting. That way, it may lessen the ceaseless whining they hear about every undertaking they take to revitalize older, less known settings that haven't been around since the early 90's just to appease the "older" generation of D&D players who already don't like the new system and are no longer customers anyway.

Hey, at least WotC might regain some dignity that way.

Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2009 :  12:28:59  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I feel Ravenloft should have a series of Dragon/Dungeon articles instead of a full-blown campaign setting book run. But who knows, at around year 7-10 of 4e, it may make the cut.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2009 :  16:47:26  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always had a bit of trouble with Ravenloft as a campaign setting. Some of the adventures were great, but I always thought they were better fitted into other settings than they were in Ravenlofts loose collections of lands.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000