Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Cyric responsible for Death stroke to Tyr??
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  21:39:08  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Heard from some Canadian friends who beeged for anonimity that they had somehow aqquired an copy of the new FRCS.

I told them I wanted no details , but they insisted I had to hear just one nugget and I relented.

Their interpretation of Tyr's death was that he died in a demon invasion, but Cyric either delivered the death stroke or was directly responsible! WTF??

Anyone else know anything about this?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

TwigB
Acolyte

South Africa
46 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2008 :  23:06:30  Show Profile Send TwigB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay since this is just speculation I'm not jumping to any conclusions but if this where the case then I'd be very interested to find out more. I like the idea, as long as it's not simply a little piece of flavour text that states something along the lines of "P.S Tyr saw a couple of demons in his real, got angry, drew his sword in a righteous fury, tripped and accidentally fell on Cyric's sword. The End."

I'd like this to be properly fleshed out. If they give plenty of details as to how and why then I'd be very keen on the idea, It's a fitting way for Tyr to go in my opinion

P.S
I was pretty sure he'd still be around though, but I guess that's probably why Torm has been given an upgrade.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2008 :  01:58:43  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The elevation of Torm at the expense of Tyr is actually old news by now. As for Tyr's death, the recent Cormyr article in Dragon mentioned that he was dead (not just demoted or gone), and I read in some "revelation" threads about the FRCG that Tyr did die in some demon invasion. That part, at least, is not speculation.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2008 :  04:15:01  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I will be interested to see if anything else trickles

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Bane of the Harpers
Seeker

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2008 :  06:42:17  Show Profile Send Bane of the Harpers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suspect it will happen in the Empyrean Odyssey, the trilogy involving Kaanyr Vok and Aliza...After all it take place in Tyr's homeplane and involves cyricists...
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2008 :  15:39:01  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bane of the Harpers

I suspect it will happen in the Empyrean Odyssey, the trilogy involving Kaanyr Vok and Aliza...After all it take place in Tyr's homeplane and involves cyricists...

Yes, that seems all too obvious at this point.

Red Walker: You're welcome.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000