Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Servant of the Shard --possible spoilers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2003 :  03:18:52  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
If you haven't read Servant of the Shard you might not want to read this question.
I just read Servant of the Shard, and at the very end it mentions that Jarlaxle was of the third son of Matron Baenre, and that he had been sacrificed to Lloth. I was shocked. Although my resources are limited, I had not come across any information to indicate a relationship between Jarlaxle and House Baenre other than the friendship with Zaknafein (I have read most of Salvatore's novels).

Are there any other novels dealing with the origins of Jarlaxle or Bregan D'aerthe? Is there relevant information in some of the source books? Now I am really curious about his history. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2003 :  03:54:10  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All i know is that there are rumors that Salvatore plans a trilogy about Jarlaxle and Entreri after the hunters' blades trilogy... which i would think would give some background on Jarlaxle since it sets on him and artemis...

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page

Marshal
Acolyte

Russia
5 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2003 :  06:16:15  Show Profile  Visit Marshal's Homepage Send Marshal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I finished reading Servant of the Shard I came up with a couple of other questions.
1)How did he actually survie?
2)Perhaps all third son's of noble houses are different from their people, and maybe that's the reason why Lolth wants them sacrified?
Go to Top of Page

Mythander
Learned Scribe

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  19:40:13  Show Profile  Visit Mythander's Homepage Send Mythander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are many questions about Jarlaxle that have gone unanswered. This is one of the reasons I feel his character is so interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by Marshal

)Perhaps all third son's of noble houses are different from their people, and maybe that's the reason why Lolth wants them sacrified?

Now that is an interesting thought, it would explain much.

Wow! That has no saving throw written all over it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000