Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Post count error?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fibura Gauntlet
Seeker

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2003 :  11:14:07  Show Profile  Visit Fibura Gauntlet's Homepage Send Fibura Gauntlet a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've noticed that my number of posts counter appears to be wrong (I've posted twice previously, this being my third). I suspect that everyone is one short (a dodgy algorithm?), but once you're above five you're not likely to notice Having read what everyone had to say on the subject of "me too" posts I've sat on my hands several times, rather than contribute nothing relevant, so I find it slightly galling to see one of my few efforts go unrecognised

I thought I ought to mention it as it seems innocuous to have a count if it's wrong (although in a "fair" way).

(concludes, feeling like a beggar at the gates)

- Fibura Gauntlet
A scrib(bl)e on the margins of Candlekeep

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2003 :  13:31:53  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fibura, post counts do not increase in the Inn or in the Welcome sections of the forum.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Fibura Gauntlet
Seeker

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2003 :  14:10:27  Show Profile  Visit Fibura Gauntlet's Homepage Send Fibura Gauntlet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh OK, that seems fairly sensible now you mention it. Thanks Rad

(heads off to double-check the FAQ in case he's made a fool of himself)

- Fibura Gauntlet
A scrib(bl)e on the margins of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2003 :  22:39:24  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, it isn't in the FAQ page. It's a recent development; I'm sure that Alaundo and Tethtoril have been quite busy and forgotten to add to it. It was changed in the Welcome section (of which the Inn is a part) because a lot of people were only greeting newcomers because it gave them another point on their post counts. Alaundo changed it, and then sat back and waited to see how long it was until someone noticed it.

By the way, Alaundo -- how long did it take us? I never thought to ask at the time.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2003 :  23:07:32  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
branmakmuffin:
quote:
Have I also noticed that the second post of a "double post" doesn't count, or am I dreaming?

I was dreaming. I wonder how hard it is to configure the forum software to ignore "double posts".

Edited by - branmakmuffin on 27 Jun 2003 23:08:29
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2003 :  23:08:59  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Second post to a double post?

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2003 :  23:14:36  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know, replying to your own post. Some forums disallow it entirely. Mostly sites where people get all jacked up about "rank" and "level" I imagine.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2003 :  10:30:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

By the way, Alaundo -- how long did it take us? I never thought to ask at the time.

'Twas merely just over a day my dear Bookwyrm Still, I believe that its certainly had the effect that I intended.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2003 :  04:55:25  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I agree. The entrance hall is much more calm now, with all the scribes back in the rest of the library.

(Plus, it allows for an "incidental" area to post things that are felt not as worthy of raising the post count. I use it as such, anyway.)

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  04:18:54  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a something i will agree with as well. I personally believe we are a forum with a wonderful reputation. It should not be spoiled with pointless topics in the wroing area.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  06:04:44  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, that's one of the reasons my brother, the Dragon of Justice, left the forum . . . he didn't like the idea of so many rules in what he thought should just be a fun place to hang out and talk about the Realms.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  20:33:58  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Actually, that's one of the reasons my brother, the Dragon of Justice, left the forum . . . he didn't like the idea of so many rules in what he thought should just be a fun place to hang out and talk about the Realms.

But on the other side of the coin, having rules has great benefits....remember certain rogue scribes that caused havoc here before!?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  22:43:08  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats what I meant.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2003 :  15:51:06  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wasn't objecting.

(Actually, I think it has to do with him being a cop. I think he gets sick of all the rules at work, so he wants to have a nice, chaotic outlet. Or that's part of it, anyway.)

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2003 :  22:39:52  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can understand that.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000