Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 New Avatars
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2003 :  17:02:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there any chance of some new avatars being posted anytime soon?. I only ask because the similarities in avatars between Bookwyrm and myself, is distracting for some forum users. Both he and I have been searching for new pictures to use for our custom avatar, but have had little in the way of success. So I was just curious to know whether the Candlekeep staff were planning anything big on the avatar front.

May all your learning be free and unfettered

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2003 :  06:12:38  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed -- I can't find any sagely faces with no easily identifiable features (as I, and I assume Sage, don't want to steal the faces of Elminster, or Gandalf, or such). Is there any hope of a change?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2003 :  08:07:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did find a picture of a Sage-Lich in the 2e Monster Mythology, which looks good, but I really don't want to go with that image either.

Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2003 :  22:35:20  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man, I know how you feel now; reading this itself is kind of disorienting...maybe you could find someone to make one for you...?? ::shrugs::

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2003 :  06:47:09  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Think this is bad? Try Skills and Feats of the Realms (especially Branmakmuffin's comment on Page 6) or Realistic Role-Playing.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2003 :  12:32:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been considering designing a picture myself. I just can't seem to get the right amount of 'sageness' incorporated into the picture. Of course, I have a great picture of a Sage Arcanaloth I could use, that I once drew for a Planescape campaign, but my avatar is supposed to be human, not a yugoloth.

May all your learning be free and unfettered

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000