Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Titles
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2003 :  00:03:50  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
How come no "Scribe" between "Apprentice Scribe" and "Learned Scribe"?

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2003 :  14:22:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by branmakmuffin

How come no "Scribe" between "Apprentice Scribe" and "Learned Scribe"?

Ohhhh , apprenticeship takes a lonnnnng time within Candlekeep Youre sure to be quite Learned upon moving to the next scribes chamber

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2003 :  21:47:50  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe we could have an option to have a custom title and the ol' novice/apprentice/learned scribe, like 'blah blah blah, an apprentice scribe' ?? That would be kind of interesting, to see what people would come up with (assuming that no profanity or anything would come up...Kind of like custom portraits- custom titles!

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."

Edited by - Malice on 10 Jun 2003 21:48:23
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2003 :  21:53:07  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is an interesting idea, Malice. I'm sure the Candlekeepers could keep profanity out, since they would be the ones to apply the title change.

And I thought you didn't care about titles.
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2003 :  16:58:58  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Na, I don't really, but I thought that it could add more individuality to the forum, you know?

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

Laurelessa
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2003 :  17:00:21  Show Profile  Visit Laurelessa's Homepage Send Laurelessa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, that does sould like fun! We can have Malice as 'The really bad DM!!'

"Who are we to judge those who have not the will to judge themselves? Answer me that, and then I may join your cause."
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2003 :  17:01:32  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, yes! And you can be 'the annoying little elf with no bio!'

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2003 :  13:30:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This isn't such a bad idea. Perhaps we could have titles that define the greater functions we perform as posters here in the library. There are a few posters who handle specific areas of Realmslore, and I think that perhaps a title to illustrate that fact could help those needing specific assistance.

Perhaps it could be added to the existing titles - for example, Apprentice Scribe on the Royal Houses of Cormyr, or the Novice Scribe of Knowledge on FR Publications.

May all your learning be free and unfettered

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 15 Jun 2003 13:31:44
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2003 :  00:46:16  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mmm . . . bit of a mouthful, those. But they also sound like a good idea. So maybe . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2003 :  09:03:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They may be a bit of a mouthful, but when you consider half of the titles in today's disciplines, they don't seem that bad.

If you have ever spent a lot of time talking with an 'Archaeological Anthropologist of Proto-Human Linguistic Studies' you know what I am talking about. The divisions and titles within the department of Archaeology Studies is mind-boggling.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2003 :  18:36:47  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want to be Interim Chancellor Emeritus of of Quasi-Relevant Elven Idemnification.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2003 :  06:09:31  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Impressive. A twenty-four-syllable title. I wonder if anyone can top that?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.

Edited by - Bookwyrm on 17 Jun 2003 06:10:06
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2003 :  22:37:03  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why would anyone even MAKE a job title that long???

Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2003 :  07:25:32  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Cause it's funny.
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2003 :  06:54:22  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
true, true. ::shrugs::

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000