Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Drizzt in BG2
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zaknafein
Seeker

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2003 :  04:37:23  Show Profile  Visit Zaknafein's Homepage Send Zaknafein a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

The appearance of Drizzt in BG2 is different than in BG1. Not only does his fellow companions follow him way down south into Amn, but he can also help you in your struggle against Bodhi and the vampires. Of course, there is the temptation of wanting to do the evil thing and kill his party. Yes I admit I tried this one time around. Winning this fight can get you the two scimitars, his chainmail, Aegis-Fang, and Heartseeker (Cattie-Bries bow). However, killing this reknown group has terrible consequences. If Keldorn is in your party he talks bad of you and leaves your party and attacks you. Jaheira will leave the party and go away for good too. After you take the items off their corpse, a man named Harpell (from the Salvatore novels..) will come up to you and demand them back. He really doesnt do anything, he just follows you forever and can lead to other bugs in the game...at least for me. Did anything like this happen to anyone else?

Zaknafein Do'Urden: mentor, teacher, friend....To Zak, the one who inspired my courage. -Drizzt Do'Urden

Full plate and packing steel.

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2003 :  06:04:45  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only trouble that Malchor Harpell ever caused for me was that he imprisoned me in the earth (effectually killing my party). Frankly, killing Drizzt is pointless because of Malchor, which annoys me because Drizzt's gear is very nice, very, very, very nice. In the end, do not do it, even if you're evil, it's utterly pointless.

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General

Edited by - Edain Shadowstar on 02 Jun 2003 06:05:20
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2003 :  23:14:00  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This has been said and said again, but I'll say it again.

By the time you meet Drizzt in BG2, your own equipment is probably way more powerful than anything he has, especially if you are able to easily kill him.

Cattie-Brie's bow is not much different from the Gesen bow.
Aegis Fang is nothing compared to Crom Faer.
I guess Twinkle is OK, but Icingdeath is nothing I wouldn't immediately sell by that point in the game.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  08:55:54  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I did kill him, it was using Console cheats. I usually accepted his aid if anything.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000