Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Basics of the God(dess) Deneir
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Townsaver
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  04:11:22  Show Profile  Visit Townsaver's Homepage Send Townsaver a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Howdy. I realize im new to candlekeep, and in fact, im new to Faerun (in my first Faerun-based game, actually). Ive spent a few days trying to search through the volumes of information, but Ive not seen all that much that answers what im looking for.

For my character's choice of deity, I have chosen Deneir, but I have not been able to find out much about this god, other than the domains clerics have access to, that Humans are the race most associated with them, and the fact that denier's chosen weapon is a dagger.

Through searching around in the various forums on here, and asking on my normal first resource for any gaming related questions (ISCABBS.com), I have also learned that Denier is a god of the written word.

Can anyone give me some more information? My character isnt a cleric, or anything, but I want to incorporate more of her God into the character. Im just not sure how else to add more (My DM is willing to allow me to add in as much diety specific knowledge as I can drudge up, and even encourages this, but really only points me to the 3.0 Forgotten Realms sourcebook.

Thanks in advance for any more indepth you all can point me to, or impart to me. :)

Salad is food....
FOR FOOD!

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  04:16:21  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the forgotten realms novels by RA Salvatore - the Cleric Quintet, as well as the sourcebooks - faiths and pantheons, and FRCS have info On Deneir

Edited by - scererar on 21 Nov 2007 04:17:28
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  04:17:19  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Faiths & Avatars from 2e has the best info but you can also find some summary of those passages in 3e's Faiths & Pantheons.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Townsaver
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  05:07:47  Show Profile  Visit Townsaver's Homepage Send Townsaver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestions. Im now surfing Ebay trying to get some of these books. :)

Salad is food....
FOR FOOD!
Go to Top of Page

freyar
Learned Scribe

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  14:43:09  Show Profile  Visit freyar's Homepage Send freyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Faiths & Avatars is available as a PDF (for $4-5 US) at RPGNow or paizo.com. It might be easier or faster to get the info that way. Hope this helps!

My DnD Links and Creations
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  19:33:07  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Townsaver

Thanks for the suggestions. Im now surfing Ebay trying to get some of these books. :)

That's where I bought mine!

You may also want to take a peek at Wikipedia. It may not be 100% reliable, but his a lot of what it does have.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  20:19:11  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For what it's worth, Deneir is male, as far as gender means anything where the gods are concerned.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  20:22:41  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

For what it's worth, Deneir is male, as far as gender means anything where the gods are concerned.

Well, there are boy parts and girl parts...

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  20:23:36  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you know, some gods like to appear in different guises, including different genders.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2007 :  00:59:29  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For a first scan you may also look here:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609

If I can give you more details about the information from Faiths & Avatars just let me know
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000