Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Anauroch Empire of Shade, question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nemesisdragon
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2007 :  05:51:48  Show Profile  Visit nemesisdragon's Homepage Send nemesisdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
A quick question and I will immediately apologize for having to post a topic about it for I don't think it warrants one. I was just wondering if anybody who has this book could give me a list of the new creatures introduced in the back of the book. Just wanted to see if one of my favs made it in A PM will work too, a pre-emptive thanks to anybody who can help.

Sure wish we could get a conversion for the Yellow Dragon!

Brenigin
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
117 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2007 :  08:01:38  Show Profile  Visit Brenigin's Homepage Send Brenigin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The book isn't out quite yet.

However, I am prepared to gaze into my crystal ball and make a prediction: there will be no Yellow Dragon in it. ;)

Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2007 :  14:50:12  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I fondly remember the dragons you gave us here:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9449

but I think that you may have to wait a little longer to see them in some source books

So, if you will give us some more of your favs in the meantime ...
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2007 :  16:04:54  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4ex/20071105a
This is at the main WotC site. Check out the introduction article.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

nemesisdragon
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2007 :  23:31:26  Show Profile  Visit nemesisdragon's Homepage Send nemesisdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol, i am figuring there will be no yellow either, it disheartens me lol :P I see my love of the creature it well known. thanks brimstone, i saw a listing on the site for the water creature and it got me wondering. Thanks for the support and answers, I'll see you gents in time :D

Mattus, I will have to try and scrounge up the goods on the others, pending time. Trying to remember Faerun based dragons especially will be tough as I think we've about got them all

Edited by - nemesisdragon on 06 Nov 2007 23:39:10
Go to Top of Page

nemesisdragon
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  04:33:41  Show Profile  Visit nemesisdragon's Homepage Send nemesisdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know if this book has become available yet or know of a release date? Just wondering, it'll be a week before I can get to the bookstore :P thanks

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  05:32:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nemesisdragon

Does anybody know if this book has become available yet or know of a release date? Just wondering, it'll be a week before I can get to the bookstore :P thanks

Tuesday, according to Amazon. I need to ping Kent at my FLGS...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2007 :  02:36:53  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by nemesisdragon

Tuesday, according to Amazon. I need to ping Kent at my FLGS...

This week? My, that's tomorrow (where I am).

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

EvilKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2007 :  05:41:14  Show Profile  Visit EvilKnight's Homepage Send EvilKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazon just started shipping yesterday (11/12/2007).

EvilKnight

Danali Index
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2007 :  06:18:33  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought my copy on the 12th.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2007 :  17:13:20  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will look for this book in the store, then...just to check it out.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

nemesisdragon
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  04:19:51  Show Profile  Visit nemesisdragon's Homepage Send nemesisdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to ask quickly once again as soon as somebody receives this book, can you give us a list of the new creatures (just the names) on here or PM me. Even if the infamous one I crave is not there, I need it for my personal archiving anyways. Like to get the info as soon as I can to keep the list up to date, a humble and pre-emptive thanks and sorry for the constant haggling :P

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  05:21:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only four critters:

krinth
shadow sea serpent
sharn
veserab

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  05:28:32  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Only four critters:

krinth
shadow sea serpent
sharn
veserab

How much different Sharns are in there vs in MoF ?
Go to Top of Page

nemesisdragon
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  07:41:37  Show Profile  Visit nemesisdragon's Homepage Send nemesisdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Greatly appreciate it! I have to admit, I like that shadow sea serpent (was able to check that out because of the excerpts on the Wotc page).

Edited by - nemesisdragon on 14 Nov 2007 07:42:16
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  12:08:40  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have not bought this adventure yet, and I am niot sure if I ever will. However, I still have a question related to this adventure. I will put up a spoiler tack so future players of this modul might not read any further...

According to the introduction part posted on the WOTC page, the shades steal the Nether scrolls from Cormythyr. I wonder, are there no elves to defend them since the 'Crusade'? And what happened with the special guardian of the Tree that is mentioned in Cormanthyr - Empire of Elves, IIRC?

Is there any info on this in the adventure itself, maybe?!?

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Tigger
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2007 :  03:14:03  Show Profile  Visit Tigger's Homepage Send Tigger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

I have not bought this adventure yet, and I am niot sure if I ever will. However, I still have a question related to this adventure. I will put up a spoiler tack so future players of this modul might not read any further...

I've just read the intro on the wizard site, but that question and several others seem to come up about this adventure and actually the whole trio of adventures that this concludes. I just dont think every adventure needs to be a world changing event for the Realms, am I the only one?
-Tig

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2007 :  18:49:07  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tigger

I've just read the intro on the wizard site, but that question and several others seem to come up about this adventure and actually the whole trio of adventures that this concludes. I just dont think every adventure needs to be a world changing event for the Realms, am I the only one?
-Tig

Nope.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000