Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Roseportal Shrine
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

515 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  04:51:23  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was wondering if anyone had any information on this shrine? I know it exists in Berdusk and that from the map it's building seem fairly large.

My adventures might be heading to Berdusk and their cleric of Lathander would obviously want to make a pit stop.

When I normally read shrine I imagine a small roadside like pit stop maybe with a single priest tending to it or a devout follower. But obviously the size of this building lends to more of a place that is storing a relic or sacred site.

Any info is welcomed my guess if any exists it might be in a novel that I haven't read.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  05:12:44  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, since I just started two email games in Berdusk, I dug through my FR material for Berdusk info and as far as I've seen, there is next to nothing published about the buildings in the city.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

515 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  06:45:28  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well good to know I didn't miss anything. Maybe this would be a good time to ask my first question of Ed. Seems a shrine of that size would be something special, relic is the first thing that comes to my mind.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  14:42:45  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

Well good to know I didn't miss anything. Maybe this would be a good time to ask my first question of Ed. Seems a shrine of that size would be something special, relic is the first thing that comes to my mind.

Indeed, asking Ed might be useful. I could use the info myself. :)

Also, if you need some expanded info about one of the two festhalls that is in Volo's, I can supply it because I asked Ed about it. I just don't want to post it publicly, at this time, because all my players are from Keep. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  15:03:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye. I'd have to agree with asking Ed.

I don't immediately recall any particular lore on the Roseportal Shrine... other than a reference in Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

515 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  22:33:42  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright question asked hopefully I get a reply before the party gets that far *crosses fingers*. But I have at least 3 weeks and plenty of ideas racing through my head. Kuje if you don't mind sending me that info about the feast halls that would be great. Thanks for all the input guys.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  23:25:44  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

Alright question asked hopefully I get a reply before the party gets that far *crosses fingers*. But I have at least 3 weeks and plenty of ideas racing through my head. Kuje if you don't mind sending me that info about the feast halls that would be great. Thanks for all the input guys.

Send me a PM with a email addy that I can send it to. Also, do remember that Ed is out of town atm since he went to another Con till Wendesday I believe.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000