Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Generic FR lore questions
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1425 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2007 :  21:33:47  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
1. When/where was Hellgate Keep destroyed?

More, what products rather than the circumstances since I know some Harpers/Moonstars did it.

2. Aleena Paldinstar is Piergion's daughter, where's she detailed?

Just checking where she first showed up.

3. When did Drizzt meet the Good Goblin and where?

I never found the actual story.

My Blog: http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2007 :  22:05:36  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Hellgate Keep

2) Can't recall if there were stats for her in the Waterdeep box

3) Realms of Valor

I could make it bold but I don't

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1425 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2007 :  22:11:15  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2007 :  23:15:28  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aleena first was stat'd in Volo's Guide to Deep then she was given a extra level in Deep box set.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2007 :  23:42:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) 1369 DR.

And see Cloak & Dagger in addition to the Hellgate Keep module. There's also a line or two in the "Gatekeeper's Crystal" write-up in Volo's Guide to All Things Magical.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 30 Oct 2007 23:42:41
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2007 :  00:19:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

There's also a line or two in the "Gatekeeper's Crystal" write-up in Volo's Guide to All Things Magical.

Formerly a suppressed work (), this wonderful tome is now available for free from the Wizards downloads page.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1425 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2007 :  22:16:07  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool, is there a 3E update for Harpers?

Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2007 :  22:24:04  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps

Sadly no, except a tidbit in the FRCS.
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1425 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2007 :  22:25:22  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, no wonder my friend was confused about them.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2007 :  23:27:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps

There isn't any 3.X information other than what is in the FRCS and the bits in City of Splendors sourcebook. There is plenty of 2e information which should serve your purposes just as well. Try find the Code of the Harpers sourcebook by Ed Greenwood and there is some incidental information in Cloak & Dagger. I'd also recommend you read through Ed's compiled replies from Candlekeep regarding the Harpers.

Edited by - The Sage on 31 Oct 2007 23:28:46
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1425 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2007 :  13:22:45  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Couple more...

1. What was the heresy of the Selunites in the "Mistress of the Night" story all about? I only heard a little about this story.

2. Where did the Risen Sun heresy first appear?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2007 :  14:26:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. If you're referring to the events that led to the creation of the New Moon Pact, I'll just direct you to Tom Costa's entry for the New Moon Hunter PrC in Bestiary of the Realms Vol. 2. It summarises most of the lore about the Pact. The Bestiary can be found here:- http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/monsters.html

2. Do you mean in Realms time, or in published sources?

Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2007 :  15:41:32  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

1) 1369 DR.

And see Cloak & Dagger in addition to the Hellgate Keep module. There's also a line or two in the "Gatekeeper's Crystal" write-up in Volo's Guide to All Things Magical.

The function of the crystal is also described very well in "the Last Mythal" series - where it plays a dominant role. There are some hints about Hellgate, as to say where the pieces where send after destroying Hellgate. The read is worth is, also
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2007 :  17:07:58  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a generic Realmslore question myself:

What would be the best sources to use to research Westgate? I have read the GHotR, but I would like to find more of the gritty details of the place.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2007 :  17:28:09  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

What would be the best sources to use to research Westgate? I have read the GHotR, but I would like to find more of the gritty details of the place.

FR Adventures and Cloak & Dagger, and C&D's web enhancement all have some Westgate info. Um, Lords of Darkness for 3e also has some.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2007 :  17:40:41  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

FR Adventures and Cloak & Dagger, and C&D's web enhancement all have some Westgate info. Um, Lords of Darkness for 3e also has some.

Lol. It keeps coming down to me really needing to get a hold of copies of Forgotten Realms Adventures and Cloak & Dagger. I have Lords of Darkness so I will need to check that out.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1425 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2007 :  19:51:08  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Lords of Darkness *IS* Cloak and Dagger without the Harper and Moonstar info really.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2007 :  22:23:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

Additionally, Sea of Fallen Stars and Pirates of the Fallen Stars. Ed's Temptation of Elminster provides some historical lore on the region on and around Westgate. Ed also detailed a building that exists in Westgate -- see Ed's '05 replies. Also, the novels Night Masks and Masquerades.

See also the section on the 'Order of the Purple Staff' in Champions of Valor.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000