Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Crypt of the Moaning Diamond: Chapters 11 - 15
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2007 :  15:50:13  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for Crypt of the Moaning Diamond (Book 4 of the Dungeons series), by Rosemary Jones. Please discuss chapters 11 - 15 herein.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2007 :  23:39:41  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the interaction of our group. Especially Ivy and Sir Manynames. It was funny the way she painted him out to be a gambling, whoring, no good officer who would rather not return to duty! If not the wizard surely would have toasted him then and there, and if Zuzzara had not restrained him, he would have attempted to spit the Wizard on his sword!
The old dwarf is interesting as well, I enjoyed his reaction to the secondary trap as it swallowed Ivy!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Ozzalum
Learned Scribe

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2007 :  02:09:11  Show Profile  Visit Ozzalum's Homepage Send Ozzalum a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Red Walker. I've been enjoying the character interactions quite a bit. When he said his entire name I actually chuckled out loud. (COL?)

And Kid is a very interesting character. We learn some more of his background in these chapters and I liked it. I still don't know what he is though.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2007 :  03:32:44  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am just thinking of him as goatboy until we learn more

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary Jones
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
148 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2007 :  05:03:56  Show Profile  Visit Rosemary Jones's Homepage Send Rosemary Jones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

I am just thinking of him as goatboy until we learn more

I like goatboy, goatboy works for me.

Sir Manynames is good too. I was a bit surprised that Sanval's list of names (which I felt I had to include because this had been mentioned in chapter 1) appeared in that front of the title page blurb. A bit cart before the horse -- but it does seem to work.

Rosemary Jones
www.rosemaryjones.com
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2008 :  21:49:55  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rosemary Jones
Sir Manynames is good too. I was a bit surprised that Sanval's list of names (which I felt I had to include because this had been mentioned in chapter 1) appeared in that front of the title page blurb. A bit cart before the horse -- but it does seem to work.

I wish they hadn't used particular dialogue in the blurb, because it spoiled the "many names" part for me. Anyway, like some others I laughed out loud when Ivy bluffed about how Sanval wasn't so "noble".

It's also a definite pleasure to learn more about each of the Siegebreakers (and Sanval) little by little as they journey deeper into the dungeon.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
757 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2008 :  07:41:15  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even though I was expecting that scene due to the cover page, I still chuckled when it actually happened. I actually laughed out loud a great number of times during this read. I loved the fact that the 'ebil mage' is still just another ordinary person getting by. If it wasn't for Archlis' anhk and charms, he'd be nothing more than a very skinny bully.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Tremaine
Seeker

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2010 :  11:44:20  Show Profile Send Tremaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
enjoyed how the mumchance disabled the trapped with kid and said if it was me I would have had a secondary trap ;-)

haha Sanval discussing poems and the love-lives with bugbears very fuuny scene

wonder what powerful monster is following the group a dragon?

Edited by - Tremaine on 31 May 2010 11:45:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000