Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 In what way do you prefer "contacting" FAERUN most
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2007 :  16:22:47  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
In what way do you prefer "contacting" FAERUN most???

Choices:

By playing rpg as dungeon master or player???
By reading novels???
By playing rpg games on PC, Playstation, X-box e.t.c.???
By interacting on message boards with different posters and the game designers/authors ???
By all the ways above without a particular choice.

(Anonymous Vote)

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)

Edited by - BARDOBARBAROS on 01 Nov 2007 16:35:32

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2007 :  16:28:57  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I choose all of the above but there is a option missing, which could read as:

"By interacting on message boards with different posters and the game designers/authors."

I love the debates we sometimes have on the boards, even if some people think I'm a real arrogant PIA. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2007 :  16:30:08  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok... i will put this option now

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2007 :  16:55:45  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be honest, it is a hierarchy:

Books/RPG Accessories,
Interacting on message boards,
Video Games

I am a very avid reader, but I love roleplaying, and all the lore that I can sponge up via RPG accessories (which I read kinda like a novel, usually skimming over spell descriptions) and the boards here and at WotC.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2007 :  17:06:44  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is neuralogical stimulation abound when dealing with any aspect of Faerun. however, I thouroghly enjoy debating my DM, so I chose that option

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2007 :  17:22:26  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Message board and reading old game books. There is also the time spent in preparing lore and adventures for own campaign, in combining what is written with ones own brain.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2007 :  17:49:25  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All of the above.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2007 :  19:17:36  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i kinda miss PBEM and the like on that poll

nonetheless ... All of the above

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

sparhawk42
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2007 :  23:16:42  Show Profile  Visit sparhawk42's Homepage Send sparhawk42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely all the above.

You never fail until you stop trying.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2007 :  23:35:07  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
all the above, of course.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

IronAngel
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2007 :  22:03:34  Show Profile  Visit IronAngel's Homepage Send IronAngel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I enjoy DMing Neverwinter Nights, myself, and the research that goes with it, me being one of the DMs specifically responsible for providing and helping with Realmslore. I'd say that the work with books and forums gets me into FR mood the easiest, and after that comes DMing the stuff I've researched (which never is quite authentic with NWN's limitations as it is in my imagination=, then novels+PC games from which I draw inspiration. I haven't played tabletop much, due to having no group to play with.
Go to Top of Page

Mirza
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2007 :  22:24:50  Show Profile  Visit Mirza's Homepage Send Mirza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Without doubt, reading the novels. I had read fantasy beforehand, and had enjoyed it, but never before with a setting so intricate. I didn't even pay attention to the Forgotten Realms logo on the cover of the book when I read it, but I could tell that this book was of a richer and much broader stock than any fantasy novel I had read before. I bought my second FR novel days later.

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. If people can learn to hate they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."
-Nelson Mandela

Edited by - Mirza on 02 Nov 2007 22:25:56
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2007 :  01:14:15  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
all of the above
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  04:52:48  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All of the above, although playing may actually be my favorite, I can't pick it over the others simply because I only get to do that once a week.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2007 :  10:55:24  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All of the above. . .

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000