Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Realms re-imagined!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  22:25:09  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's been a couple days, and I'm about to go to sleep, but I've been pondering the whole Cyric/Shar assassination attempt some more. Bottom line is this, I never really liked Cyric that much, so in my Realms, should I ever come to the point mentioned in GHotR, I'll give Cyric the axe. As to how this will happen...more on that when I'm more awake..

G'night

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2007 :  13:04:06  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is my take on the events leading to Mystryl's rebirth...pt 2

Shar was aware of the imminent failure of her assassination attempt, but she didn't know that it would take shape in Mystryl's rebirth. What she did know is that something terrible was to happen (terrible to her), and she created a back-up plan. She enlisted the aid of Mask, who was more than keen on regaining the Intrigue portfolio. Mask joined ranks very quickly, and provided Shar and Cyric with the chance to enter Dweomerheart. However, being the sneak that he is, he not only informed Mystra of the plot, but also Bane, who was all too interested in expanding his portfolios as well.

When Cyric entered Dweomerheart he found Mystra waiting, prepared, and although he was aware of something odd going on, he proceeded with the plan. Mask, hiding in the shadows, saw a battle ensue which destroyed part of Dweomerheart, and in the appropriate moment he let Cyric know of a weakness in Mystra's protections, which was used immediately. At the same moment as Mystra "died", Bane entered torn Dweomerheart and destroyed a weakened Cyric.

Instead of the expected surge of magical influence, Shar's grip and power over the shadow-weave drained away, but no deity seemed responsible for the loss.

Mystra's Chosen, the Magister and every magic-user, sorcerer and wizard and weave and shadow-weave user alike, felt drawn to Karse, with them they took as many potent items as they could carry. At the place where Karsus, the seeming destroyer of Mystryl had fallen, they piled up the artifacts and waited. The Karse-stone (too lazy to look up the term) floated down from the heavens and settled before the assembled spell-weavers, and one by one, the magic-users felt a tingling when a part of them they hadn't known did even exist left them. Mystryl's essence left living and undead mage alike. Phaerimm and Sharn stood next to each other in trancelike harmony while before them the true Goddess of Magic returned to power.

Yet, all things considered, Mystryl had misjudged the "fail-safe" she was no longer LN but N, since so many and diverse creatures had given her rebirth.

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2007 :  01:01:47  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mace, would Mask actually gain the portfolio of Intrigue as Bane destroys Cyric?

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2007 :  08:13:02  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good question... he played everyone... he deserves it :)

Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2007 :  01:16:01  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Good question... he played everyone... he deserves it :)

I agree -- I personally always liked Mask! :)

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Wyvernspur
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2008 :  23:35:22  Show Profile  Visit Wyvernspur's Homepage Send Wyvernspur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man I should have read this post first. I like these ideas a lot.

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2008 :  18:16:52  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm pondering over writing up my re-imagined version of the events after 1375...or was it 1275? No, that was the next bus leaving...no...was it someone's birthday?

Ahh, hell, frak that...anyways, I'll get down and dirty with my version of the Realms during my vacation end of the month...so expect something around February...

It will handle some of the topics I touched in my RANTs (TM) in a serious, and for the setting much more respectful way than what the spellplague did.

Go to Top of Page

Basil the Geek
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2008 :  04:56:21  Show Profile Send Basil the Geek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This thread is almost exactly the same thought process I had a year back when making up my Xinlanal campaign in which the oldest of the Netherese Enclaves, along with the great mosque of Mystryl, are sequestered away to a closed and locked pocket plain just moments before the Netherese diaspora.

My role playing group desired I run a realms campaign that could go straight on past ludicrous speed to plaid and bring about the next time of troubles. I accepted the challenge and worked up a concept where Mystral knew her demise was coming and invested a portion of herself into a power key secreted away in the city. A few centuries, and a much changed Netherese culture later, the players have discovered everyone is invested with something called the “weave within” gifted to them by a long forgotten god.

Recently one player had an epiphany and put a bunch of clues together similar to this thread. He’s convinced the other players it’s in everyone’s best interest to uncover the truth and this Saturday they plan to dig around in the most run down, seediest and lethal part of the old enclave where the dilapidated and disused Mosque of Mystryl, with its one inhabitant, the repentant, guilt ridden and insane surrogate of Karsus awaits to blow their minds.

The players say the atmosphere of the game has been sort of a combination Logan’s Run/Paranoia with a little bit of Zardoz thrown in. Now if only they could sneak past the sentinels, get the city sentience to look the other way and bust out of the sequester into the Realms!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000