Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Say "yes to change!"-- The anti-rant!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

TwigB
Acolyte

South Africa
46 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  20:41:36  Show Profile Send TwigB a Private Message  Delete Topic
Wow, I notice there is a lot of mud being flung at WotC and It seems the amount of haters are growing at an alarming rate. I'm trying to even out the playing field by coming out and saying: I'm super excited! These changes are just what the realms needed! I've been playing since 2nd Ed and I'll always love love the Realms and I'm sure that those at WotC also share my sentiments

I recently received my copy of GhotR and when I read the changes I got really pumped. Gods dying left and right, pantheons being reformed, magic going crazy, this is a true Realms shaking event, not like the ToT which in my opinion did nothing more than wobble the foundations. It should also be taken into account that the final entries in GhotR are simply brief synopses of those events. The only difference between the Spellplague and ToT is that ToT had 3 novels... I'm pretty sure that if people received the ToT in a little paragraph they'd also be up in arms and if the Spellplague had its own novel people would be much more accepting of the idea

As much as I've always loved the realms,I did find it growing somewhat stale. Harpers meddled, The chosen saved the day, and the Zhents plotted...not that I mind that of course, but a change is as good as a holiday thus a very big change must be a very long holiday! My logic cannot fail!

So in short I put my support fully behind these changes and I will most certainly be buying the new products! This is not an attempt to start a flame war, simply a place where those who share my views can show their support.

Viva la Spellplague! Join the revolution!

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  20:46:19  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message
I'm not going to counter anything you have said, because I'm glad that the new Realms work for someone, and I have said that many times. I have no problem with anyone that enjoys these changes. However, if you would do me a favor?

Please don't characterize me as a "hater." I don't like them, I try to share my opinions and discuss them. I try to be calm and reasoned in what I say, and I would hope that most of the time I succeed, even if those reasons don't resonate with everyone.

I am so tired of being called a "hater" or a "grognard" as if such terms automatically nullify my opinion, that I'm about a hair's breadth away from saying to hell with going to any D&D sites anywhere.
Go to Top of Page

LordArcana
Seeker

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  20:53:28  Show Profile  Visit LordArcana's Homepage Send LordArcana a Private Message
Knight beat me to the punch. I don't HATE anyone or anything...except perhaps old chineese food and spoiled eggs. I love WotC as they have continued to pump money into D&D have made it what it is today. For that i am very happy.

I would hardly say the ONLY difference between ToT and the Spellplague is 3 novels as you say. You even countered your argument by saying ToT was a minor foundation shake while Spellplague is true "shattering" effects.
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  21:08:44  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message
It wouldn't be so bad if it was 10 years, so people would just be old, some people would be relevant (because they're not children anymore), and whatever Chosen and Epic characters survived would be beaten and scared, not dead. Same goes for the various cast of minor yet popular mid-high level NPCs.

4E's 100 year jump, kills everyone, even if spellplague didn't.

Edit: One too many 0s in that year but I think everyone figured that out. ;)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.

Edited by - SirUrza on 15 Jan 2008 21:48:02
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  21:28:17  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
Well only 104 year jump, but even elves will die of old age/ at least most of them because they only live about 200 years and most elf PCs start at 100+.

There again there will be stasis/time portals, etc., bit I would hate to bring a 300 year old elf forward.

DM: "You arive in the new time period and pain fills your body as your hreat stops beating, you die. No saving throw applies your character is just too old."

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  21:29:28  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message
I am no "hater" either. If the changes work for you I can absolutely live with that, you won't be better or worse person in my book, based solely on the point that I don't know you

I dislike this change, obviously, as can be seen in my RANTs... the reasons for that should also be obvious, and as a fiddler for detail who wants good stories and sense-making details those events alone make my blood-pressure go up.

If you are excited about the changes, go for them. If it is what you want, then it is all fine and good for you, hell, there are some aspects about 4e that I really do find interesting (not FR 4e, but the basic mechanics) and will find a way to implement them into my games.

As for your hope that there will be a novel series regarding the Spellplague, I doubt that will happen, the major change for 3e Realms (Bane's return) just...well happened, and I seem to recall a statement of Rich Baker's saying there won't be novels to outline the spellplague...

If you like the changes I feel happy for you

Cheers

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

LordArcana
Seeker

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  21:34:13  Show Profile  Visit LordArcana's Homepage Send LordArcana a Private Message
Venerable age for an elf is 350 years. Its very possible for an elf to die of old age at 400 years
Go to Top of Page

Karzak
Learned Scribe

196 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  21:35:42  Show Profile  Visit Karzak's Homepage Send Karzak a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TwigB

Wow, I notice there is a lot of mud being flung at WotC and It seems the amount of haters are growing at an alarming rate.

Painting people with whom you don't agree with a dismissive label is an excellent tactic and bound to get you many, many friends.
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  21:36:30  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Karzak

quote:

Wow, I notice there is a lot of mud being flung at WotC and It seems the amount of haters are growing at an alarming rate.

Painting people with whom you don't agree with a dismissive label is an excellent tactic and bound to get you many, many friends.

That too...didn't wanna be so negative

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  21:38:15  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by LordArcana

Venerable age for an elf is 350 years. Its very possible for an elf to die of old age at 400 years

Err, that is in 3.5 what has been announce for 4th is 200 years for Elves, 300 years for Eldradian (spelling) which might in effect be gold and silver elves.

Transport 104 years is transport into 4th and a strange new world.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."

Edited by - Kentinal on 15 Jan 2008 21:38:44
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  21:43:15  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message
But to be fair, Rich has said that they likely aren't going to mess with the ages of Elves in the "ask the designers" thread, since some of FR's elves didn't match "core" elves for age either.
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  21:53:35  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message
Sounds like they're more afraid messing up the excuse for Drizzt still being alive. :P

I'm sure a certain Elf Queen is on SOMEONE's hit list that they'd be all to happy to kill off if it meant that person would "say" they'd buy product.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  21:59:20  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Sounds like they're more afraid messing up the excuse for Drizzt still being alive. :P

I'm sure a certain Elf Queen is on SOMEONE's hit list that they'd be all to happy to kill off if it meant that person would "say" they'd buy product.

Hmm, there has been no report on ages of Drow, just indications they have basically became their own race. They could live thousands of years, though that is unlikely *Grin*

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  21:59:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Crap... Kentinal had a double post, and someone else deleted one of them as I was deleting the second. Kentinal, I do apologize for doing that. I was simply trying to get rid of a double-post.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  22:10:26  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Crap... Kentinal had a double post, and someone else deleted one of them as I was deleting the second. Kentinal, I do apologize for doing that. I was simply trying to get rid of a double-post.

They were not quite the same, I tried to stop the first because of a typo. I reposted with a correction and deleted the first.

Is interesting to know I am being watched over. *wink*

I basically refered to ages of Elf types as reported describe in Races and Classes and moving 104 years was into a different world.

Edit: The disappearing post include comment that I did not own the book and was refering to what others have posted it said. There might have been a mini-rant as well that does not merit repeating.

Edited by - Kentinal on 15 Jan 2008 22:15:03
Go to Top of Page

LordArcana
Seeker

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  22:19:01  Show Profile  Visit LordArcana's Homepage Send LordArcana a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:

Err, that is in 3.5 what has been announce for 4th is 200 years for Elves, 300 years for Eldradian (spelling) which might in effect be gold and silver elves.

Transport 104 years is transport into 4th and a strange new world.

~::: Just another reason i won't play 4thE. All of a sudden a mass extinction of elves occurs as their "immortal" lives are drained away from them. What ever happened to the concept of elves living for a thousand years...ugh
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  22:45:22  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
As much as I've always loved the realms,I did find it growing somewhat stale.

I didn't.

quote:
This is not an attempt to start a flame war...

Then you shouldn't begin by calling people "haters".

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

TwigB
Acolyte

South Africa
46 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2008 :  23:08:36  Show Profile Send TwigB a Private Message
Hmmm...maybe I came off a bit to strong. My intention was not to label and those who feel that I overstepped my boundaries, I apologize. As I stated, I merely wanted to make a post that states that there are some of us who are fully in support of these changes and overall we are excited. I just got the sense that the prevailing attitudes towards the changes are negative. My intention is not to become some blind martyr for 4ed defending and offending left and right, telling all those who are unhappy about the changes (which I fully understand) to take a flying leap, I'm simply excited and want to show my full support not step on any toes. So if you want, feel free to post anything in support of the new realms.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  00:09:11  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
quote:

Hmmm...maybe I came off a bit to strong. My intention was not to label and those who feel that I overstepped my boundaries, I apologize. As I stated, I merely wanted to make a post that states that there are some of us who are fully in support of these changes and overall we are excited. I just got the sense that the prevailing attitudes towards the changes are negative. My intention is not to become some blind martyr for 4ed defending and offending left and right, telling all those who are unhappy about the changes (which I fully understand) to take a flying leap, I'm simply excited and want to show my full support not step on any toes. So if you want, feel free to post anything in support of the new realms.

No problems friend we can agree to disagree.

As to you becoming a blind Martyr....I am doubtfull you enraged anyone enough to blind you then kill you!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  00:36:57  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message
When the only reason that Ed himself has given for staying with it is so that he can hopefully salvage something from the ruins (my paraphrase of what he has said here), I find it confusing that anyone who claims to love the Realms would be excited about what they have done to it. That said, it is silly to assume that we hate you, or others like you. Personally, I am torn, because I want to both see the 4e Realms fail and succeed. I want it to fail so hopefully WotC will see the error of their ways and either let the setting rest in peace or maybe they would allow Ed to pick up the pieces and resurrect the "Classic Realms" (or whatever you prefer to call it). I wan it to succeed, because Ed (and Brian, and I'm sure a few other respected authors who we do not know about) has put a lot of work into making it a sandbox we will still want to play in. Anyway you look at it, according to this poll most of the Realms fans here are not all too thrilled with the changes.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 16 Jan 2008 00:38:13
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  01:29:53  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message
futhermore ... there is also a fine diffence between those largely negative ageinst 4E Realms, theres some that like 4e rules but don't like the way its made to fit in the realms, theres those that neither have fond feelings about 4E OR 4E realms, and lastly theres those that doesn't really see any problem in either 4e and 4e realms other than that they trying to forcefit it onto the Realms we are in nowadays instead of beefing it up as an new setting.

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  07:51:18  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message
quote:

I honestly think its great that you think these changes will appeal to you, no matter how distasteful they are to many of us others. And I am glad that you say so clearly. Some of the information I have heard about both 4ed. and the new Realms sounds like they would have interested me if they were published in a new setting. I dislike the changes (as I have in almost all other cases) to the Realms, but I do hope that some people will have a good time with the newer version of the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  09:35:41  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message
quote:

Huh? I thought FR elves lived at least 600 years.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Venger
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  10:47:40  Show Profile Send Venger a Private Message
quote:
Well only 104 year jump, but even elves will die of old age/ at least most of them because they only live about 200 years and most elf PCs start at 100+.

Incorrect on two fronts. One, as others have pointed out, elf lifespans in the Realms will most likely stay the same. Second, in the core setting at least, elves mature at the same pace as humans. In other words, core elves will be adults after 15-20 years or so, not 110. So no more octogenarian elf children.

"Beware what you say when you speak of magic, wizard, or you shall see who has the greater power."
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  13:09:54  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Venger

quote:

Incorrect on two fronts. One, as others have pointed out, elf lifespans in the Realms will most likely stay the same. Second, in the core setting at least, elves mature at the same pace as humans. In other words, core elves will be adults after 15-20 years or so, not 110. So no more octogenarian elf children.

Oh it is posible elves will be different in the reals, however one thing WotC did incicate they wanted to achieve is greater ease of being able to transport a character from one world to another. More compatibility.

Also if Realms gets mature at 17 to 21, why would elves in the realms retain longer lifespans then core?

You might of course be correct the Realms Elves will be different then core ones will be. It just does not appear that ay to me based on announced plans. OTOH plans announced at the beggining have had some changes already.

Go to Top of Page

Karzak
Learned Scribe

196 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  14:29:26  Show Profile  Visit Karzak's Homepage Send Karzak a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:
Originally posted by Venger

quote:

Oh it is posible elves will be different in the reals, however one thing WotC did incicate they wanted to achieve is greater ease of being able to transport a character from one world to another. More compatibility.

Also if Realms gets mature at 17 to 21, why would elves in the realms retain longer lifespans then core?

You might of course be correct the Realms Elves will be different then core ones will be. It just does not appear that ay to me based on announced plans. OTOH plans announced at the beggining have had some changes already.

Maybe they realized that giving elves stunted mental development is a little stupid?
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2008 :  17:19:36  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
Heh.

Hey Twig, I think you'll find the vast majority of people here wouldn't begrudge you for enjoying something they don't. But a belligerent attitude (ie. calling people "haters") will make most people irate and they will respond to your manner instead of your actual point.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

TwigB
Acolyte

South Africa
46 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2008 :  15:39:26  Show Profile Send TwigB a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Heh.

Hey Twig, I think you'll find the vast majority of people here wouldn't begrudge you for enjoying something they don't. But a belligerent attitude (ie. calling people "haters") will make most people irate and they will respond to your manner instead of your actual point.

My previous post cleared up any misunderstandings so I think I'm in the OK again
But I'm going to try to get the ball rolling on this thread and see if it can steer it to its intended direction.
So far, from what little information I have gathered, I've been painting campaign scenarios and arcs in my head. Don't know what to make of the Dragonborn, yet, but I'm excited to see how they'll fit in

I'm excited to see how the drow will be regarded in the new FR. Since they're now very much a people divided between two primary gods, I like the idea of more and more drow/surface elf interaction (not just outright warfare). With the death of Vhaeraun, many surface drow would've been in quite the religious predicament...turn to Lolth whom they despise but at least she's evil, or turn to Eilistraee who urges drow to return to the surface but she's good. So I'm looking forward to some mixed elf parties and the idea of drow being more welcome in surface cities

Baldurs gate, going from large city to enormous metropolis holds a wealth of possibilities in my opinion. With so many cultures living together its a prime breeding ground for unique guilds and strange new cults dedicated to good or evil. Maybe due to its sheer size it has attracted more inter planar interest and its' becomes a melting pot for all races and strange monsters. Maybe a new mercantile power has formed here, powerful enough to sweep all other competition out of the way. Like I said, tons of possibilities in just one city.

Cormyr holds more interest in my opinion than it ever has before. I always liked it from afar but never had the urge to send my parties there. The army of the Devil Dragon and the aftermath of the war made Cormyr more appealing but I still perceived it to be "Land of the Goody-Two-Shoes"(I like my dark corners). Now with enemies knocking on their front door, I see Cormyr as the prime place to start a campaign. The shades with Sembia backing them are a very real threat (okay, they've always been, but now they've got the money to pay for their dastardly deeds).

These are just some of the ideas and things floating around in my head. If you've got something, perhaps a campaign arc or adventure idea that revolves around these new changes, please post them here.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2008 :  15:48:24  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
I just want to point out that I never got the impression that Cormyr was "the land of goody-two-shoes". It DID have dark corners, as Ed's novels (and lore on the region) show. However, if you're more interested in it now, good on you. :)

I'm excited about 4E, but mainly for a "core" type of setting, not the 4E Realms.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 17 Jan 2008 15:48:45
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2008 :  16:22:03  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Indeed. "Land of the Goody-Two-Shoes"? Not to someone who's played in it, with Ed as DM!
Have a peek at Ed's current novel trilogy (about, ahem, we Knights of Myth Drannor) and you'll see what I mean. In manners large and small, Cormyr is a land of relative daily calm on the surface in the southern central part of the realm, most of the time, but this is a "peace" bought by the far-less-than-goody work of a not-so-secret secret police (the War Wizards). Just because the heralds, the Obarskyrs, and various courtiers say grand and nice things, and TRY to keep things "just" and orderly, doesn't mean the place isn't an endlessly-seething hotbed of noble- and Sembian-merchant-sponsored intrigues.
Trust me.
Shadowdale is safer, most of the time. Yes, really.
love,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 17 Jan 2008 16:23:19
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2008 :  17:09:26  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message
Also, when noting the "Say 'yes to change!'" portion of the scroll title, I just had to comment. Most of us who are not happy with the changes so far implemented (in their entirety or in part) to the 4e Realms, are not adverse to change. Change is good, and with our favorite campaign setting, we realize that it is needed. However, in my experience with real-life people all around, people in general react better to gradual change rather than drastic change. The Spellplague, the 104 year time jump, and the rather cold way in which the 4e Realms design team has killed off heroes, countries, and gods that we know and love does not count as gradual change. It is a very drastic change, and as I stated above, people generally react adversely to drastic change.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 17 Jan 2008 17:11:34
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000