Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Fare thee well, for a while...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2007 :  22:56:54  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

So, the time has come where I must venture beyond these comforting walls of Candlekeep and step out into the wide world beyond. I will be departing on my travels late on the morrow, so be sure to get any account changes and such requests in as soon as possible.

My fellow moderators will be here to keep ye all in order and assist as much as they can. Be kind to them Oh, and my chambers are out of bounds, as are the cellars

Ahh, and Calishite Dancing Girls aren't permitted either...not 'til I return anyway

Now, ye may return to thy studies of Realmslore

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2007 :  23:06:53  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You will be missed, Alaundo. May your travels be safe and fair.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2007 :  23:18:07  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Soo.. party? Finest Elminsters Choice from the cellars, served by Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in naught but thigh high boots and a wicked smile!

Take care Alaundo. Enjoy your trip!
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2007 :  23:24:55  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

Soo.. party? Finest Elminsters Choice from the cellars, served by Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in naught but thigh high boots and a wicked smile!

Take care Alaundo. Enjoy your trip!

Have The Symbul clad in that and we even. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2007 :  23:32:21  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would invite the Simbul, but I fear being turned into a toad. Or achieving orbit. But hey, she can at least give Alaundo a proper send off!
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  00:10:43  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't let anything curl your hair!
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  00:30:10  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good trip, big Al. Stay easy... weŽll take care of everything here...

Err... heŽs gone? Someone, give the keys to Fox-at-Twilight. Mace, bring the best of dwarven beer.

Party time!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  00:53:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What!?! No Calishite Dancing Girls...

Hmmmm... I wonder whether the Lady Hooded One is in.

Anyways, have a grand sojourn Big Al. I know you'll enjoy it!

-- The "I can't believe how jealous I am" Sage of Candlekeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  01:35:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We'll have the Calishite Dancing Girls. What he doesn't know won't hurt him... Besides, if he's off seeing the sights, why can't we?

Enjoy your trip, Big Al!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  01:42:39  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
May you the enjoy the trip and may the winds be at your back.
[Looks up from his sweeping.]
Didn't someone have a stash of El's Choice and Zzar in one of the lower levels of the fourth ancillary tower? That's not technically the cellars.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  01:44:15  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shhhh....

What...? You're keys? Uh...No. I haven't seen any keys...

Have fun Alaundo. I'm sure the place will still be standing when you get back (uhm...pretty sure).

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

Vanidariaen
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  03:31:13  Show Profile  Visit Vanidariaen's Homepage Send Vanidariaen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have a happy safe wonderful trip!!

http://tom.myhereandhereafter.com
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  03:34:22  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hurry back and safe travels. wait......wait.....wait, Ok break out the keg of Ale
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  07:37:27  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks ye all

Ahem, er...I haven't gone yet! Back to thy desks

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  13:45:51  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have a pleasant trip, Al.
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  13:56:12  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
have a great trip Al!

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  15:08:36  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet water and light laughter, noble Lord of Lore.

quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

Someone, give the keys to Fox-at-Twilight.

Don't be silly--she doesn't need keys.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  19:45:13  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This time someone else can arrange the party; I will only lean back and enjoy. That and trying to break open the lock to Alaundo's desk.
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  19:48:19  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fare thee well and gods and goddesses speed to you!

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  20:01:43  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Sits at desk, writing invitations to some Priestesses of Eilistraee."

Come and dance for us.

*wink*

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  22:42:15  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fair thee well.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 10 Oct 2007 22:42:29
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  01:13:14  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where's he going?

Well, uh, wherever you're going, Alaundo, enjoy the trip!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  01:21:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think he'll mind me telling you...

Alaundo's off to China.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  01:25:20  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I don't think he'll mind me telling you...

Alaundo's off to China.

Lucky him! Thanks for telling me.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 11 Oct 2007 01:25:35
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  03:28:39  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
China, very cool. I wanted to visit when I was stationed in Korea, but 911 hit. I was on a wall for a year, but not the great wall

Have fun, be safe

Edited by - scererar on 11 Oct 2007 03:29:15
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  05:01:53  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Aye, China it is, and just about to leave. Needless to say i'm very excited and am very appreciative of getting the chance to visit this amazing country.

Well, couldn't help but pop in here on my way out, so take care all...and see thee in a couple of tendays.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  09:09:41  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Enjoy your trip, Alaundo. May Shaundakul provide favorable winds and speed your journey.

We'll be glad to have you back soon.Until than, enjoy the cats and dogs for dinner! ;)

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Iliana N-letur
Acolyte

Netherlands
13 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  09:45:56  Show Profile  Visit Iliana N-letur's Homepage Send Iliana N-letur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have fun, it's a different world.

I can totally agree with Alaundo - No Calishite Dancing Girls.

Can we get some Calishite Dancing Man, though?

A small (4'9") moon elf, with odd pale golden hair and startling violet eyes. See her for the first time, there's fair bit of Faerie 'fascinate' involved.
A slightly curved sword and pseudo dragon familiar are never far away.
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  11:15:46  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fare thee well in thy travels, especially if they should lead you unto distant lands that lie just beyond the next horizon, cloaked by the mists of distance...

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  17:24:58  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have a great trip Alaundo!

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  19:51:56  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*peeks out the front window* I think he's really gone now. Does anyone know where he keeps his Imaskari vintage that we are not supposed to know about? And let's invite Storm, she likes parties.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000