Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 *smiles*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laurelessa
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  15:44:22  Show Profile  Visit Laurelessa's Homepage Send Laurelessa a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Shade and sweet water, all. I am Laurelessa, an elf from waterdeep. I look forward to spending some of my time here.

"Who are we to judge those who have not the will to judge themselves? Answer me that, and then I may join your cause."

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  15:49:44  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep Laurelessa!

Hope your enjoy your time here, im sure youll feel very welcome and I look forward to seeing what Realmslore you bring for us.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  16:27:13  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed welcome to the show, I to hope that you have some nice things locked up in your head to slowly pr.... I mean .... Let us know .

Just stay away from the basement. Thats my lab.

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  17:38:33  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::nods to the elf:: Welcome to Candlkeep, Laurelessa. I hope that you find what you search for here. I will be looking for you in the inn. ::to Cult_Leader:: ...basement??

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  19:25:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met Laurelessa and welcome ye to Candlekeep.

Apologies for my not greeting you at the door earlier, I see my fellow scribes here have ensured you have been welcomed though. Worry not about Cult_Leaders remark..... im sure he has nothing in his basement room other than musty, damp old tomes

I hope you enjoy your stay in the great library. If I can be of any assistance then please feel free to holler (not too loud though ).

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  20:23:01  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep Laurelessa! I hope that your stay here is a pleasant one, and it is also good to see that you have already joined us in the Candlekeep Inn!

Basement eh? That pentagram scratched in the dust wasn't too important was it?<hastily wipes dust off his shoes>

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  20:56:38  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bienvenue à toi tres chère...
I hope you'll find in Candlekeep the cyber home that some of us have found
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  21:18:47  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Laurelessa,

On a nice little day trip south to the great library eh?

Well enjoy your stay may it be long and fruitfull.

Should you require any assistance the scribes here are a helpful lot.

When they aren't in the inn that is getting drunk or trying to get lai..

*book smacks him in the back of the head*

Hey who thru that?!

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Laurelessa
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  02:26:08  Show Profile  Visit Laurelessa's Homepage Send Laurelessa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::hides head:: oh my. Is it always like such here?? ::looks about, worried that another book may come flying out of the air her way::

"Who are we to judge those who have not the will to judge themselves? Answer me that, and then I may join your cause."
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  05:05:18  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A robed figure, who appears to be human, wanders by while intently reading a book. Narrowly missing a collision with Laurelessa, he looks up. "Oh, sorry about that, terribly sorry . . . ." He then peers closer at the elf. "Oh! My goodness, a new arrival. Pleased to meet you, yes, quite pleased." He seems friendly enough, if more than a bit distracted.

"I'm called the Bookwyrm. If you need any help, just ask. I'm sure someone will be able to help you." He clears his throat. "Now, er, if you'll excuse me . . . much research to do. Good day . . . ." He wanders off, once again reading as he walks away.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  06:44:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you Laurelessa,

I, the Sage of Perth welcome you to these great halls of knowledge.

If you have any Realms questions, I or the other learned sages here are always willing to help.

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  15:23:30  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well Met Laurelessa and welcome ye to Candlekeep.

Apologies for my not greeting you at the door earlier, I see my fellow scribes here have ensured you have been welcomed though. Worry not about Cult_Leaders remark..... im sure he has nothing in his basement room other than musty, damp old tomes

I hope you enjoy your stay in the great library. If I can be of any assistance then please feel free to holler (not too loud though ).

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! * raises his balled up fists as he shouts out in pain* FOILED AGAIN! *hangs his crusty old lich head and sighs ..... going back to his coffin in the basement to mope*

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2003 :  02:18:37  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Lauralessa.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2003 :  08:37:28  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drummer Boy

Welcome to Candlekeep, Lauralessa.

And welcome back to you too Drummer Boy Its been a long time!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2003 :  00:49:59  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the warm welcome, Rad. Recently, I've been gone exploring the world beyond the walls of Candlekeep.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2003 :  10:19:26  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Laurelessa!

May your time in these hallowed (and terribly dusty) halls provide you with knowledge, diversion and Realms-wide friendships.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2003 :  09:11:08  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
how is it in Waterdeep?
good as ever, i guess
wel met, i think ull find what ure looking for -are u looking for something either?
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2003 :  09:29:05  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, according to the Wizard Weather Channel, it is currently cold, with light snow and winds out of the north. Tomorrow will be overcast, but it will clear up in time for Rhyestertide.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2003 :  09:36:59  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yep, i forgot that... i should make a program like it for myself
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2003 :  23:08:42  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met laurelessa.
I welcome you to candlekeep even if it has been at while since i posted. I hope that you enjoy your stay here as much as everyone else has.
Hanx
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000