Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Villain's Childhoods.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dracons Posted - 18 Jul 2010 : 04:32:01
So, is there any lore or information on any of the big villains childhoods?

I'm curious as to what kind of games that Fzoul did. (Tag? Hide and Seek? Was he a momma's boy who ran to her for cookies?)

What about Szass Tam? Did he ever have a first kiss as a preteen? Maybe this girl was a vampire, and thus his love of undead and necromancy.

Larloch! Did he have an older brother or sister? Was he ever grounded by his parents?

All creatures are defined by how they are raised and taught by their guardians. I'm wondering what kind of childhood they had. (The earlier the better)

I mean did any parent hug their newborn child, smile and go "Oh my, your such a little angel... your going to rule Thay and kill so many!"

What about afterwards. Did any bullies of Fzoul crap their pants at the idea that Bane's super pet may go after them? Did any of the parents of any Zuiklers regret not spanking or punishing their child enough.

I know, stupid question. Just curious as to what childhood any of these may had. The younger the better. No doubt in my mind that not all of them were evil from birth. They were at one point naive and trusting of adults, scared of death, crying at night for their parents.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 18:03:55
I'm more interested in a CANON story, on that front. Anyone know on any juicy stuff not in the Sellswords books?
Markustay Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 18:00:15
You're not talking about the one where he finds a portal and has... relations... with Hermione Granger, are you?

I was so disgusted by it, I had to read it six times (in disbelief)!

Just kidding, BTW... if such a thing exists then there is someone more warped then I...
Zireael Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 10:32:27
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

It happens to the best of us, MT. Particularly if the button does not register when you type a letter. I get that problem a lot, too.... On-topic, what about Jarlaxle's childhood? That would be an interesting story, for certain! I'd especially like to know the part about how/why he survived being "sacrificed" as a babe. What was THAT all about?!

There were a few fanfics covering Jarlaxle's childhood. Do a google search for "Dragon Library".
The Sage Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 01:30:30
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

My story in RotD contained a book that was supposedly an autobiography of Szass Tam . . . but even the characters in the story were pretty sure it was a fake.
Strangely enough, this particular snippet became a curious possibility for a piece of Realms-music I *tried* to compose. But I just can't seem to find the right mix of byzantine intrigue to drop into the piece.
The Red Walker Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 01:14:01
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

It happens to the best of us, MT. Particularly if the button does not register when you type a letter. I get that problem a lot, too.... On-topic, what about Jarlaxle's childhood? That would be an interesting story, for certain! I'd especially like to know the part about how/why he survived being "sacrificed" as a babe. What was THAT all about?!

Well...Jarlaxle was dropped on his head just after birth and was dead for long enough that when he was revived it was all good
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 19 Jul 2010 : 00:57:34
Markustay Posted - 18 Jul 2010 : 23:44:37
But I'm one of the 'good guys'!

Point for you - that was a rather ironic spelling error.
Markustay Posted - 18 Jul 2010 : 22:23:16
You can learn a lot about a villain by looking into his past...

His family, his loves, his education...

Very interesting subject.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 18 Jul 2010 : 22:02:48
My story in RotD contained a book that was supposedly an autobiography of Szass Tam . . . but even the characters in the story were pretty sure it was a fake.

Rest assured that villains do indeed have childhood stories--mine certainly do, and I hope to drop hints and whatnot throughout my work.

Cheers
The Sage Posted - 18 Jul 2010 : 11:09:53
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

On the topic, there were bits of Sememmon and Ashemmi's childhood in the Dragon article about them.

'Twas DRAGON #357.
Zireael Posted - 18 Jul 2010 : 09:48:56
On the topic, there were bits of Sememmon and Ashemmi's childhood in the Dragon article about them.
Thauramarth Posted - 18 Jul 2010 : 09:28:11
There were some bits about Manshoon's early years in either Ruins of Zhentil Keep or Vilain's Lorebook (I think - books nor regular laptop with PDFs with me right now). Not much about his actual childhood, as I remember, but something about his formative years (where he did in his older brother). Plus, in a recent post, Big Ed has all but confirmed that Manshoon still has a surviving sister and some nephews / nieces running around.
Dracons Posted - 18 Jul 2010 : 05:28:32
Yeah, I read about that too. It's why he hates parents that try to use children as protection.

Part of the reason I'm wanting to learn more about other villain's past.
Markustay Posted - 18 Jul 2010 : 05:14:44
The only villain's childhood I have ever seen detailed was Artemis Entreri's. There was a short story, and also quite a bit of background when he went home at the end of the last novel.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000