Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Tyr, Helm and Tymora, daily soap. A RANT!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 04 Jan 2008 : 18:09:51
You wanted it, and I deliver... again no punches pulled!

I must admit, Mystra's death-nonsense was the proverbial bitch-slap to the face, but Tyr offing Helm cuz Helm apparently was all over Tymora... where to begin?

Well, we all know that WotC wants less deities in the Realm, so naturally they do the most obvious thing: Find some stupid-arsed reason to send a couple more deities to the ether. Helm bites the dust...well, not only Helm but that would be for another RANT, so there

Again I must applaud Wizards' designers on their ingenuity and resourcefulness (sarcasm, look in the dictionary and you find a picture of me! ) This ploy could have come straight out of Dallas or Dynasty, and who knows, the designers are the right age to have witnessed the events surrounding J.R. Ewing being shot. Then again, a season later Bobby Ewing walks out of the shower and the entire previous season was just a dream... Maybe, just maybe, Elminster jumps out of the pond next to his tower (well, he did rebuild it of course...duh) and the Simbul wakes up in his bed and asks him if everything is all right...

Now, let us take a look at the events the GHotR depicts:

-Siamorphe quarrels with Tyr over something or other, gods quarrel, cuz that is what they do... Hera quarreled with Zeus all the time because of all of Zeus's bastard kids (Herakles anyone?) but did she leave his side? Nooooo....it would've spoiled all the fun and quarreling, cuz that is what deities do...quarrel. So Siamorphe prissy as always stalks away to find shelter at Sune's court.

-----Rantus interruptus! We do NOT know the real reason why Siamorphe left. Maybe she was having an affair with Sune and was just looking for an excuse to join up with her?-----

So she leaves, instead of riding Tyr's back until hell freezes over and he admits he was wrong (how very likely that is is up to everyone) she sulks and pouts like a true human.

-Sune suggests a political marriage between Tymora and Tyr...hell the first two letters of their names match, so that can't be wrong. Again we go with the soap-opera. The balance must be maintained. What balance?! The balance that their must be a chick with the triad? As twisted as the idea of Siamorphe leaving the Triad to stay with her lover Sune is, the thought of what the Triad does in their free time and why a balance must be restored is even more sick!!!

-Tyr gives Helm the job of playing message boy and "courting" Tymora for him. What?! Is Tyr too shy to court her himself, or does he think himself not worthy and thus sends Helm in his place cuz at least him Tymora can look in the eye(s). How...um...human... um

So next we get this Arthurian deal where Lance...um...Helm flirts with Tymora, or so they claim, and this causes Tyr to charge Helm with betrayal... in an affair there are ALWAYS TWO SIDES involved... maybe Tymora got lucky? So even if Cyric was involved as it is apparently whispered in the heavens...gossip is en vogue with them gods ain't it?... Tyr decides to go all Justicey on Helm and challenge just him (again, Tymora got lucky! Twice!!!) to a duel to the death, thereby defying one of Ao's laws that deities will only vanish when their followers sink below zero... did he also slaughter all guardsmen worshiping Helm? No wonder crime has gone up a couple of notches!

Tymora moves in with Tyr, after all he does love and trust her since it was Helm's fault she apparently did the bouncy with him. (Damn, that Tymora is lucky!!!)...

one thing I have to say now before I vent on:

BOLLOCKS!!!!

This is so Dynasty that it isn't even funny, although Joan Collins's role of the manipulative bitch goes to Cyric...dunno many more of the characters since I tried to erase that particular part of my TV-past.

Tyr, deity of JUSTICE, is as unjust as can be, hell, he makes Bane look like a just guy! Maybe Bane will get the Justice portfolio, because at least you know with him and his followers that if the wrong guy dies the prices have been met by the other party!!!

As I said before, WotC's designers have a knack for the obvious (-ly stupid!!!!)... Instead of using mythology as a basis, they basically looked at Big Brother and other BS that is on TV and used that for inspiration. Instead of doing something reasonable (well more reasonable since offing the deities is a bunch of crap anyway just to make new players more secure!) they, again (if that word can be applied since the nonsense is in the same book as Mystra's death), try everything in their power to PISS OFF everyone who loves the Realms because of this diversity and feels left abandoned by the powers that be (in this case WotC). Sure, simplicity makes this...well..simple. But I wonder if Diablo II has the same replayability value as say Baldur's Gate II? Baldur's Gate can be played again and again to the end, because it is about story, and not, like Diablo II, about kicking butt and taking...well, items!

Soap-opera is something some people can enjoy and follow avidly, I admit that much, hell, it can depict something worth the while... at least as long as stories don't repeat themselves. In GHotR we see the same BS repeated three or so times within 2 or 3 years... Once, sure we could've dealt with that, although I would have preferred Lolth dying over Vhaeraun, but that is only as far as I am willing to go in terms of originality.

What happens next? Will Tyr change from the good of Law and Justice, to be the god of blind, dumb luck? Will Siamorphe see that being Sune's love-toy ain't as much fun as it was with the Triad? Will Tymora deny every lawyer on Faerūn the luck they need to find the evidence to actually get a suspect walk? And finally: will WotC realize that this and all their other grand ideas are actually owned by some tele-novela-company in Brazil?

that's all folks...rant over
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ShadezofDis Posted - 25 Feb 2008 : 17:17:35
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

quote:
Originally posted by ShadezofDis

The novel was hamfisted, in other words, it hit you with a mallet when you could have been gently pushed.

Wow, that statement pretty much sums up most, if not all, of the decisions that were made by the WotC crew for the 4e Realms. (I know that the sentence was directed at a novel, but I just had to comment.)

I'd tend to agree. Especially where an "organically built" adventure comes in, as I have the best time "growing" a story arch when I get to include dynamics that are already in the area. (ie. I've got a game I run in Turmish and one of the major plot points for the PCs is that they're in a region where the Governor wants to overthrow the republic and re-instate a feudal type government, which was inspired by reading about the events in Turmish's past. If I hadn't had that past to draw upon and the various details that I've gotten from reading about Turmish I'd really feel like I was "forcing" the game, rather than letting the story happen.)

Phew, I'm getting carried away, but what I fear (and it's only a fear, I don't have any verification for this fear) is that the time jump and the spellplague will change the face of the realms and destroy my ability to build these same type of plots due to the lack of information available during the spellplague (ie. what happened in the Silver Marches over that period)

And the whole reason I play in the Realms is so that I can use that backstory and create stories that feel more "real" to me than looking through the MM and matching CR to EL. If I didn't have that backdrop to draw upon I might as well play a homebrew.
Hawkins Posted - 25 Feb 2008 : 16:23:10
quote:

The novel was hamfisted, in other words, it hit you with a mallet when you could have been gently pushed.

Wow, that statement pretty much sums up most, if not all, of the decisions that were made by the WotC crew for the 4e Realms. (I know that the sentence was directed at a novel, but I just had to comment.)
ShadezofDis Posted - 24 Feb 2008 : 20:18:38
quote:
Originally posted by TheLemming

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

I'm violating my WotC NDA to tell you this, but AO maintains the balance between good and bad cholesterol. Just remember, you didn't hear it from me.

Damn it, that means he's the guy that wants to see us outside, taking a walk instead of sitting here in front of the pc?

:D :D :D

You know it, this is all just a service to the gaming community by WotC. They just want us to get outside and exercise. ;)
TheLemming Posted - 23 Feb 2008 : 18:10:14
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I'm violating my WotC NDA to tell you this, but AO maintains the balance between good and bad cholesterol. Just remember, you didn't hear it from me.

Damn it, that means he's the guy that wants to see us outside, taking a walk instead of sitting here in front of the pc?

:D :D :D
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Feb 2008 : 17:31:20
quote:

Richard Lee Byers Posted - 23 Feb 2008 : 16:55:31
ShadezofDis Posted - 23 Feb 2008 : 16:17:02
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101
ShadezofDis, I already answered those 2 questions in my last post...

Even though it's not Mystra's duty as Goddess of Magic, she does leans towards acting for good. This is why she got into trouble and was imprisoned in Crucible: The Trials of Cyric.

Faraer said it but I'll expand upon it. The novel was hamfisted, in other words, it hit you with a mallet when you could have been gently pushed. Mystra certainly STARTED as a do-gooder. No doubt about it.

However, once the events in Crucible are over we see a much more matured Mystra who doesn't upset the balance of Good vs Evil in the Realms. In other words, no, Mystra's death does not upset the balance of Good vs Evil in the Realms.

Second, we don't even know if that's the balance AO refers to at the end of the Avatar trilogy. We absolutely don't. We know that some sort of balance is maintained but that could very well have been the balance of godly power in the Realms (a few gods die, a few gods get raised) and it could be that right now the Realms don't need all that "god power" and it's a-ok for some of them to die, maybe even desirable.

Now, I don't think it's likely that AO was talking about the amount of power concentrated in deific form in FR but it isn't much less likely than AO caring a whole lot about good and evil. In other words, we don't know so don't state things that aren't fact as fact.

quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101I'm not saying Mystra is the ONLY deity who stands up to evil. Lathander, Torm, Tyr, etc all do their parts in combating evil. However, Mystra is the most prominent and "effective" in comparison because she sends out her Chosens to meddle in the affairs around the Realms. This also makes her a bigger target compared to other deities.

Like Faerar said, she doesn't direct them 99% of the time and when she does it is mostly for the advancement of magic. Further, while the Chosen often work on the side of "good" it's a very relative good. It's not very good for Devils or Demons, not very good for Malaugrym, not very good for beholders, the followers of dark gods, the phaerimm, ect ect ect. They're only agents of good when looking at it from a PC centered view.

quote:
The Balance I was talking about is something that is emphasized a lot, especially among the gods. When Ao made Cyric a god and gave him the portfolios of Bane, Bhaal and Myrkul, he also chose Midnight as the Goddess of Magic because Ao knew that she hated Cyric and gave her powers to keep the Prince of Lies in check. This is the balance I am talking about.

We hear a lot about the balance of good and evil on FR, there are all sorts of beings who find this balance important. There's also beings who are concerned with the balance of civilization and nature, of law and chaos, of life and death, of life and unlife, of devils vs demons, of just about anything. Just because someone uses the word balance does not mean they are talking about the balance of good and evil in the forgotten realms.

We don't know why AO chose Cyric, Kelemvor and Midnight to ascend. We don't have a damned clue. Well, let me rephrase that, unless the author gave us a clue then we don't have a clue why they were chosen to ascend.

quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101This is what I meant by the disruption in Balance. This is only one example with good vs. evil.

I know you were referring to this particular balance, the balance of good and evil in the forgotten realms. I just don't think this is the balance that AO is referring to. We only have circumstantial evidence that vaguely points in that direction but we have nothing substantial.

The important part of my previous post was this;
quote:
Originally posted by Me
As much as I view the Spellplague to be a hamfisted plot device it doesn't have to destroy any balance, especially a balance that we aren't aware of (ie. what is AO balancing? the good vs bad of the realms? the law vs chaos of the realms? outside influence vs organic influence? we don't have an answer to what AO is balancing so we can't say when or if that balance is threatened)

We really don't know. Thus we can't say if the Spellplague, deific deaths or anything else particularly effects this balance that AO has spoken of in one novel to some being who we are unaware of.
TheLemming Posted - 22 Feb 2008 : 20:35:59
quote:

TheLemming, I'm not thinking in terms of the justice and law concepts we use today but in terms of the "Balance" that Ao has always strived to maintain.

With the murder of Mystra, the evil gods have won a major victory for their side. Mystra was probably one of the few deities that had the power and lack of a better term, "balls", to keep Cyric, Shar and other evils in check. You take her out, and the equilibrium is gone with things leaning heavily towards the evil side.

As for Tyr killing Helm, he's doing something that is against his portfolio because the murder of Helm was not a just act. Then there's the fact that the whole House of Triad is splintered over this and this becomes merely another advantage for the evil gods.

I don't want Ao to be a lawful and just god, we have Tyr for that. If Ao was lawful, all the evil gods would've died out. He should be there to maintain the balance and not let something like the Spellplague happen.

DDH_101, I've to admit before my answer - I full agree with Mace's rant - I don't like a lot of the changes - but my mood has shifted in the last days and I'll try to stay at least somehow positive of what will happen.

Especially Mystra's death will not change the balance -
let me explain:
In my eyes a god(dess) of magic with an alignment to law/chaos/good or evil is just wrong. The Dragonlance approach looks quite ok to me but isn't the "real thing" either.
Midnight / Mystra / Mystryl holds power over magic, therefore before shar's shadowweave was unrivaled in power - for it could deny or grant various powers to mortals no matter which god they followed.
Shar's shadow weave was in my eyes an approach to fix this a bit and give "evil" magic users a quite atmospheric, darker approach (safe for the fashion "shadow" word of course *smile*.

Now it seems to me they destroy the magic portfolio as a whole and I think it's good. So far Shar had the same portfolio (did i read the "rule" no two greater gods share a portfolio?) - I think it's a good change in this. (But Mystra is a different thread)

May I quote you on another one?
quote:

I'm not saying Mystra is the ONLY deity who stands up to evil. Lathander, Torm, Tyr, etc all do their parts in combating evil. However, Mystra is the most prominent and "effective" in comparison because she sends out her Chosens to meddle in the affairs around the Realms. This also makes her a bigger target compared to other deities.

In my eyes this isn't true. Mystra is the goddess that is featured in most novels. (Because people love magic)
Chosen of other gods do very much the same - they just aren't Ed's children (if I may put it that way).

The problem you mention here, (imho), is that many novels and plotlines show different sides of the same people / gods ... and we all (Candlekeep inhabitants) tend to build our personal realms around the various books and source materials we did read.

Still I doubt that 4e realms will have a lot of flavour / flair / atmosphere left, but I surely do hope - no matter what happened to Tyr, Torm, Helm, Mystra, Shar, and all the others that they'll change.
Faraer Posted - 22 Feb 2008 : 20:20:11
quote:
Even though it's not Mystra's duty as Goddess of Magic, she does leans towards acting for good. This is why she got into trouble and was imprisoned in Crucible: The Trials of Cyric.
You cannot at all generalize Mystra's nature from that one poorly conceived novel plot.
quote:
However, Mystra is the most prominent and "effective" in comparison because she sends out her Chosens to meddle in the affairs around the Realms.
She doesn't direct them to act in 'good' interests.
DDH_101 Posted - 22 Feb 2008 : 20:04:09
quote:

quote:
I don't want Ao to be a lawful and just god, we have Tyr for that. If Ao was lawful, all the evil gods would've died out. He should be there to maintain the balance and not let something like the Spellplague happen.

And how does the Spellplague destroy the "balance"?

How does the death of Mystra destroy the "balance"?

In your opinion Mystra was the only one who would stand up to them but that doesn't make it true.

As much as I view the Spellplague to be a hamfisted plot device it doesn't have to destroy any balance, especially a balance that we aren't aware of (ie. what is AO balancing? the good vs bad of the realms? the law vs chaos of the realms? outside influence vs organic influence? we don't have an answer to what AO is balancing so we can't say when or if that balance is threatened)

ShadezofDis, I already answered those 2 questions in my last post...

I'm not saying Mystra is the ONLY deity who stands up to evil. Lathander, Torm, Tyr, etc all do their parts in combating evil. However, Mystra is the most prominent and "effective" in comparison because she sends out her Chosens to meddle in the affairs around the Realms. This also makes her a bigger target compared to other deities.

The Balance I was talking about is something that is emphasized a lot, especially among the gods. When Ao made Cyric a god and gave him the portfolios of Bane, Bhaal and Myrkul, he also chose Midnight as the Goddess of Magic because Ao knew that she hated Cyric and gave her powers to keep the Prince of Lies in check. This is the balance I am talking about.

What do you think the last two novels in the Avatar series talked about? It showed us a side of the deities and their respective duties. Remember all the troubles Kelemvor and Mystra caused because they were favouring good alignment characters? Kelemvor let the good faithless have a happy afterlife while he punished the bad ones and made them suffer in his Realm. Mystra decided to grant more powers to good characters and weakened the arcane magic of the followers of Shar and Cyric.

However, instead of doing good, this made Faerun worsen because the good people were not afraid of dying since they knew that Kelemvor would treat them well and the evil people were still stuck around Faerun, afraid of dying so there were more evil people than good people. This is what I meant by the disruption in Balance. This is only one example with good vs. evil.
ShadezofDis Posted - 22 Feb 2008 : 17:37:31
quote:

And how does the Spellplague destroy the "balance"?

How does the death of Mystra destroy the "balance"?

In your opinion Mystra was the only one who would stand up to them but that doesn't make it true.

Kentinal Posted - 22 Feb 2008 : 17:36:15
It should be noted that AO would not allow Mystra to refuse magic to evil creaturers or deities.
DDH_101 Posted - 22 Feb 2008 : 17:18:08
TheLemming, I'm not thinking in terms of the justice and law concepts we use today but in terms of the "Balance" that Ao has always strived to maintain.

With the murder of Mystra, the evil gods have won a major victory for their side. Mystra was probably one of the few deities that had the power and lack of a better term, "balls", to keep Cyric, Shar and other evils in check. You take her out, and the equilibrium is gone with things leaning heavily towards the evil side.

As for Tyr killing Helm, he's doing something that is against his portfolio because the murder of Helm was not a just act. Then there's the fact that the whole House of Triad is splintered over this and this becomes merely another advantage for the evil gods.

TheLemming Posted - 22 Feb 2008 : 10:56:30
quote:

The one thing I'm gonna comment on this topic is this:

I find it strangely amusing that the punishment for killing a deity is much, much less severe than if you go murder a commoner in Waterdeep. Lol.

Look at the recent deaths of deities. Nobody got punished for the murder of Leira. Everyone just sort of accepted that Tyr killing off Helm, even though it is total "bullocks" as Mace Hammerhand said. And then there's Cyric getting house arrest for killing Mystra.

Man, where's Ao when you need him?

Well I don't share your opinion here.
You seem to take it for granted, that Ao is a lawful deity -
the "Overlord" of Gods - what makes you think that?

I know the whole concept is quite weird and hard to understand - but I'll still give it a try:

a) he is lawful, his laws have to be followed to the letter at least.
b) he is chaotic, laws are just tools for him to inspire chaos and enjoy the workarounds of the gods
c) he is neutral, laws tend to be rather uninteresting to him but the mere action of the gods count

ye, I know it's not 100% appropriate, but I doubt that Ao should be categorized as a lawful Overdeity. No matter how one interprets his actions during the Time of Troubles I really have my doubts that he is all - law.
ShadezofDis Posted - 21 Feb 2008 : 15:50:05
I can agree a bit with Greenknight's arguments and since my realms differ from canon it's no real skin off my back. However, while he makes a strong case for Tyr leaving the Realms I still cannot condone the story behind it. Unless there's a web of deceit that effected Tyr at the time (please, let's not use Shar, even though she's a perfect candidate) the story, as we know it, is so palatably wrong that it staggers the mind.

Alright, I'm getting a bit carried away and I haven't actually read the published canon. . .

Ok, I went through all the links. Personally, I find the whole debacle sickening. Totally sickening. But I do agree with Greenknight's thoughts on a way forward (though I would personally prefer a retcon of the whole event, because it's just stupid, unless, as I said before, there was something else going on that effected Tyr in a MAJOR way, something outside of Tyr, like another God, a Devil Lord or 5, Demons or whatever, maybe even something from the Far Realm)

And, just so's you guys know, my first two characters were Paladins of Tyr, one of whom I ran for close to a decade, so I've got a lot of love for the big guy.
DDH_101 Posted - 21 Feb 2008 : 15:28:33
I get what you mean, Mace.

We're winning the battles but losing the war...
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 21 Feb 2008 : 13:37:06
quote:

Thanks, Hawkins!

I read through the 3 posts, and I have to say, GreenKnight's my hero. Lol.

He argued his point really well and I am glad to see that we readers and gamers can have an influence in the world we spend our money on.

...even though it is just a minor one. The Realms still look like a geometry project that has been thrown through a shredder
Alisttair Posted - 21 Feb 2008 : 13:29:52
I guess you just have to say things the right way in the right place at the right time.
DDH_101 Posted - 21 Feb 2008 : 05:07:16
Thanks, Hawkins!

I read through the 3 posts, and I have to say, GreenKnight's my hero. Lol.

He argued his point really well and I am glad to see that we readers and gamers can have an influence in the world we spend our money on.
Hawkins Posted - 20 Feb 2008 : 22:20:38
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Hawkins, you're dead on, thanks for posting that link.

No problem milady!
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 20 Feb 2008 : 18:50:21
Hawkins, you're dead on, thanks for posting that link.
Hawkins Posted - 20 Feb 2008 : 17:47:36
quote:

Oh, do you mind posting a link to that post?

I would love to see this post that actually was able to convince designers and writers on...

Here is a link to GreenKnight's argument about the rise of Torm and decline of Tyr. Here is a link to his next post on the subject (in response to Brain complementing him). And here is a link with Rich's response.
Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 20 Feb 2008 : 06:42:38
quote:

This, indeed, is a question we do not get a conclusive answer yet. But don't ask for logic or care when it comes to things pertaining to 4ed ...
DDH_101 Posted - 20 Feb 2008 : 02:54:58
Oh, do you mind posting a link to that post?

I would love to see this post that actually was able to convince designers and writers on...
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 20 Feb 2008 : 00:32:00
quote:
Everyone just sort of accepted that Tyr killing off Helm...

Well, maybe not, as Tyr is likely to bow out in favor of Torm, thanks to a persuasive post by Greenknight on the WotC boards, which Rich said he and the design team liked (and giving Torm a promotion apparently fit in well with their plans anyway).
DDH_101 Posted - 19 Feb 2008 : 21:51:50
The one thing I'm gonna comment on this topic is this:

I find it strangely amusing that the punishment for killing a deity is much, much less severe than if you go murder a commoner in Waterdeep. Lol.

Look at the recent deaths of deities. Nobody got punished for the murder of Leira. Everyone just sort of accepted that Tyr killing off Helm, even though it is total "bullocks" as Mace Hammerhand said. And then there's Cyric getting house arrest for killing Mystra.

TobyKikami Posted - 15 Jan 2008 : 19:33:49
quote:
Originally posted by Ardashir

quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Maybe, just maybe, Elminster jumps out of the pond next to his tower (well, he did rebuild it of course...duh) and the Simbul wakes up in his bed and asks him if everything is all right...

I thought that was already happening every few days or so?

More seriously, count me as among the bummed over the destruction of the Triad. And why the heck would Ilmater, God of Suffering and Endurance, hang up his hat with Sune anyway? Aren't they almost polar opposites?
Maybe Sharess finally managed to persuade him?

What I'm wondering now is why, if Sune's really so fired-up about the balance, she'd agree to take him in without trying to, I don't know, marry off Lliira to Torm or something.
Ardashir Posted - 15 Jan 2008 : 00:18:40
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Maybe, just maybe, Elminster jumps out of the pond next to his tower (well, he did rebuild it of course...duh) and the Simbul wakes up in his bed and asks him if everything is all right...

I thought that was already happening every few days or so?

More seriously, count me as among the bummed over the destruction of the Triad. And why the heck would Ilmater, God of Suffering and Endurance, hang up his hat with Sune anyway? Aren't they almost polar opposites?
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 12 Jan 2008 : 23:30:12
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

Well, with the changes happening right now, what do you expect happening to a halfling except for it being given the boot. Otherwise people would think it was a hairy footed hobbit.

And before you all start throwing things at me, some jokes are so bad that they just have to be told.

I thought it was funny.
TobyKikami Posted - 12 Jan 2008 : 15:14:22
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

You know who the real victim is in all of this? The poor guy that nobody remembers? Brandobaris. That's right. Sure his fling with Tymora was on again off again, but he was about to show up with nice shinny ring that he palmed out of Task's hoard and was going to ask her to move into his place in the Green Fields.

Sure, Tymora was a little miffed about the succubus incident, and when she wanted a commitment, all he did was clear out a drawer for her in the bathroom for when she stayed over at his place, but how could she get involved with not one, but two other gods! And Lawful ones to boot!

Yeah, its a tragedy what happed between Tyr and Helm . . . but nobody remembers the little guy.

Yeah, one of the things that get me about this is that Tymora seems a really left-field choice. As has been said, so far as "balancing" she seems drastic overcompensation for Siamorphe, and if they really wanted a Triad-Brightwater wedding even Sharess would seem to be a somewhat more likely candidate given that she's tried to seduce Ilmater (and for that matter is also a demipower). And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Tymora is the one Brightwater goddess who already has a major established relationship? What's the point of breaking that without even (apparently) mentioning it?

Now I've got the whacked-out image of Brandobaris trying to pull something to mess things up, it backfiring horribly and leading to dead Helm, and his semi-framing Cyric in a panic.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000