Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Malkizid

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Naeryndam Posted - 27 Jul 2006 : 02:15:52
Does anyone know where Aryvandaar was located, and if there are ruins anywhere from the Vyshaanti Empire?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wandering_mage Posted - 04 Aug 2006 : 19:03:34
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wandering_mage

...as does the 2nd edition Cormanthyr sourcebook written by Master Scribe Schend. I have no doubt Wooly will give you the link to download that last resource for free.
Or me.

See here:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

Wow, I was beginning to wonder if anyone else was capable of providing that link!

I provide them too

I am very sorry that I did not include you as well. Please accept my apology Warlockco.
Wandering_mage Posted - 04 Aug 2006 : 19:01:47
I am torn. My current character is of the Durothil Clan. But I really like the Vyshaanti Clan too. What if the character in your game was an inadvertant product of both a Durothil and Vyshaanti heir? Now that is drama!

I would also think that a Vyshaanti heir in 1374 DR timeframe would probably be put to task by the Seldarine to reconcile past wrongs and do some great deed. Maybe the heir would even become a chosen of one of the elven deities to help them in their task. The possibilities are endless......
warlockco Posted - 29 Jul 2006 : 11:35:14
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

...as does the 2nd edition Cormanthyr sourcebook written by Master Scribe Schend. I have no doubt Wooly will give you the link to download that last resource for free.
Or me.

Wow, I was beginning to wonder if anyone else was capable of providing that link!

I provide them too
GothicDan Posted - 29 Jul 2006 : 07:19:47
Durothil is by far and large a House of LG Sun Elves (no matter what recent, isolated depictions of them have shown), and it was ordered that all members of House Vyshaanti be put to death, by the Elven Counsel that met so long ago.

I imagine they would take it upon themselves to continue this verdict, unless a sign from the Seldarine (perhaps a vision to a clergy member) said otherwise.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 29 Jul 2006 : 07:12:22
quote:
Originally posted by Naeryndam

Thanks all. I appreciate the help on this topic, I am currently mounting a campaign in which one of the characters is attempting to discover his family's past. He will journey to the High Forest and discover that his family is a heretofore unknown and forgotten branch of the Vyshaan Clan. I'm thinking that if such a thing were to happen the elves of Vyshaan descent would be exiled from Evermeet or Evereska. Hmmmm that’s an interesting thought...what if a descendent of House Vyshaan was to reveal himself (as a regular elf, not a revenge obsessed, evil madman)? How would the other elves treat him/her? Would House Durothil regard the rebirth of House Vyshaan as a threat to their dominance over the Sun Elves, or would a crusade be mounted to kill the young scion?

If he's just a "regular elf" how would he be a threat? Does he have an army? Significant power? Influence?
Conlon Posted - 29 Jul 2006 : 06:59:06
Cool idea for a campaign, and similar to the one I am currently running. I've been using the Lost Empires sourcebook to help out with the history of the area. I'm trying to fit in the fey'ri in the High Forest as well as work my characters into the storyline of the Last Mythal series. Good luck!
Naeryndam Posted - 27 Jul 2006 : 18:14:00
Thanks all. I appreciate the help on this topic, I am currently mounting a campaign in which one of the characters is attempting to discover his family's past. He will journey to the High Forest and discover that his family is a heretofore unknown and forgotten branch of the Vyshaan Clan. I'm thinking that if such a thing were to happen the elves of Vyshaan descent would be exiled from Evermeet or Evereska. Hmmmm that’s an interesting thought...what if a descendent of House Vyshaan was to reveal himself (as a regular elf, not a revenge obsessed, evil madman)? How would the other elves treat him/her? Would House Durothil regard the rebirth of House Vyshaan as a threat to their dominance over the Sun Elves, or would a crusade be mounted to kill the young scion?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Jul 2006 : 17:16:25
quote:

quote:

Or me.

The Sage Posted - 27 Jul 2006 : 13:42:20
quote:

Or me.

Wandering_mage Posted - 27 Jul 2006 : 12:15:39
Naeryndam, cool quote. I have goose bumps! All hail the Vyshaanti! Concerning Aryvandaar you might want to check out the Lost Empires sourcebook. It rocks and it has maps and Crown War info as does the 2nd edition Cormanthyr sourcebook written by Master Scribe Schend. I have no doubt Wooly will give you the link to download that last resource for free. Fare thee well in thy search but 'ware the knowledge you may find hidden. A destiny of dark revenge lies on the horizon for those that followed the true elven path to greatness. Great mages and deadly assassins will creep out of the shadows to heed the Vyshaanti calling.
George Krashos Posted - 27 Jul 2006 : 02:21:54
The High Forest.

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000