Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Malkizid
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Naeryndam
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  02:15:52  Show Profile Send Naeryndam a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know where Aryvandaar was located, and if there are ruins anywhere from the Vyshaanti Empire?

Edited by - Naeryndam on 27 Jul 2006 18:02:43

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  02:21:54  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The High Forest.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  12:15:39  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Naeryndam, cool quote. I have goose bumps! All hail the Vyshaanti! Concerning Aryvandaar you might want to check out the Lost Empires sourcebook. It rocks and it has maps and Crown War info as does the 2nd edition Cormanthyr sourcebook written by Master Scribe Schend. I have no doubt Wooly will give you the link to download that last resource for free. Fare thee well in thy search but 'ware the knowledge you may find hidden. A destiny of dark revenge lies on the horizon for those that followed the true elven path to greatness. Great mages and deadly assassins will creep out of the shadows to heed the Vyshaanti calling.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  13:42:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wandering_mage

...as does the 2nd edition Cormanthyr sourcebook written by Master Scribe Schend. I have no doubt Wooly will give you the link to download that last resource for free.
Or me.

See here:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  17:16:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

...as does the 2nd edition Cormanthyr sourcebook written by Master Scribe Schend. I have no doubt Wooly will give you the link to download that last resource for free.
Or me.

Wow, I was beginning to wonder if anyone else was capable of providing that link!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Naeryndam
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  18:14:00  Show Profile Send Naeryndam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks all. I appreciate the help on this topic, I am currently mounting a campaign in which one of the characters is attempting to discover his family's past. He will journey to the High Forest and discover that his family is a heretofore unknown and forgotten branch of the Vyshaan Clan. I'm thinking that if such a thing were to happen the elves of Vyshaan descent would be exiled from Evermeet or Evereska. Hmmmm that’s an interesting thought...what if a descendent of House Vyshaan was to reveal himself (as a regular elf, not a revenge obsessed, evil madman)? How would the other elves treat him/her? Would House Durothil regard the rebirth of House Vyshaan as a threat to their dominance over the Sun Elves, or would a crusade be mounted to kill the young scion?

Go to Top of Page

Conlon
Learned Scribe

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2006 :  06:59:06  Show Profile  Visit Conlon's Homepage Send Conlon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool idea for a campaign, and similar to the one I am currently running. I've been using the Lost Empires sourcebook to help out with the history of the area. I'm trying to fit in the fey'ri in the High Forest as well as work my characters into the storyline of the Last Mythal series. Good luck!

My hopes are ashes, my dreams are dust. All my intentions mean nothing unless they are followed by action.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2006 :  07:12:22  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Naeryndam

Thanks all. I appreciate the help on this topic, I am currently mounting a campaign in which one of the characters is attempting to discover his family's past. He will journey to the High Forest and discover that his family is a heretofore unknown and forgotten branch of the Vyshaan Clan. I'm thinking that if such a thing were to happen the elves of Vyshaan descent would be exiled from Evermeet or Evereska. Hmmmm that’s an interesting thought...what if a descendent of House Vyshaan was to reveal himself (as a regular elf, not a revenge obsessed, evil madman)? How would the other elves treat him/her? Would House Durothil regard the rebirth of House Vyshaan as a threat to their dominance over the Sun Elves, or would a crusade be mounted to kill the young scion?

If he's just a "regular elf" how would he be a threat? Does he have an army? Significant power? Influence?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2006 :  07:19:47  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Durothil is by far and large a House of LG Sun Elves (no matter what recent, isolated depictions of them have shown), and it was ordered that all members of House Vyshaanti be put to death, by the Elven Counsel that met so long ago.

I imagine they would take it upon themselves to continue this verdict, unless a sign from the Seldarine (perhaps a vision to a clergy member) said otherwise.

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2006 :  11:35:14  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

Or me.

Wow, I was beginning to wonder if anyone else was capable of providing that link!

I provide them too

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document

Edited by - warlockco on 29 Jul 2006 11:35:40
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  19:01:47  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am torn. My current character is of the Durothil Clan. But I really like the Vyshaanti Clan too. What if the character in your game was an inadvertant product of both a Durothil and Vyshaanti heir? Now that is drama!

I would also think that a Vyshaanti heir in 1374 DR timeframe would probably be put to task by the Seldarine to reconcile past wrongs and do some great deed. Maybe the heir would even become a chosen of one of the elven deities to help them in their task. The possibilities are endless......

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  19:03:34  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

Or me.

I provide them too

I am very sorry that I did not include you as well. Please accept my apology Warlockco.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000