Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Goblin Lore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tathral Posted - 12 Nov 2005 : 02:40:51
I'm looking to find some lore on goblins so I can use them as PCs. Why goblins? They're as a good halfling alternative as I can find, and I was getting tired of iconic, jolly, short people. I'm looking for anything that expands on the "Goblins as PCs" in the MMI, anything about the goblinoid Pantheon (I believe that F&A mentions one, but doesn't give the specifics), any info on when goblins started appearing in the realms (again, F&A says something about portals, but not much more), and any place that has subrace stats for goblins (eg, the [blue?] goblins that are mentioned in "Beyond the High Road").
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
warlockco Posted - 13 Nov 2005 : 01:13:54
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Xvarts will be updated for 3.5 in the next issue of Dragon, the yearly "Campaign Classics" issue, which apparently is going to have a section on old edition monsters updated for the first time.

Nice
KnightErrantJR Posted - 12 Nov 2005 : 14:51:07
Xvarts will be updated for 3.5 in the next issue of Dragon, the yearly "Campaign Classics" issue, which apparently is going to have a section on old edition monsters updated for the first time.
Darkheyr Posted - 12 Nov 2005 : 09:51:51
Demihuman Deities holds a nifty bit of information too. Unless I'm confusing the english name of the book.
warlockco Posted - 12 Nov 2005 : 08:44:20
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

quote:
Originally posted by Tathral

(eg, the [blue?] goblins that are mentioned in "Beyond the High Road").

Xvarts is what you are looking for here I believe. I can't recall having seen them in 3e stats...

A new subrace of Goblins was introduced with the Psionics Handbook, the Blue, which is a Psionic Goblin, who is generally blue in coloration.

Xvarts if I recall correctly from the old lore were related to Kobolds.
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 12 Nov 2005 : 07:43:37
quote:
Originally posted by Tathral

(eg, the [blue?] goblins that are mentioned in "Beyond the High Road").

Xvarts is what you are looking for here I believe. I can't recall having seen them in 3e stats...
warlockco Posted - 12 Nov 2005 : 04:48:37
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

Oh, and there was a 2E book that had information on humanoid races as characters, but I can't think of what it was called.

The Complete Book of Humanoids. :) Reverse Dungeon also let you play goblins.

Thanks, that is what I thought it was, but it was too obvious, so I disregarded it
Kuje Posted - 12 Nov 2005 : 04:29:07
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

Oh, and there was a 2E book that had information on humanoid races as characters, but I can't think of what it was called.

The Complete Book of Humanoids. :) Reverse Dungeon also let you play goblins.
warlockco Posted - 12 Nov 2005 : 04:21:50
warlockco Posted - 12 Nov 2005 : 04:20:50
Races of Faerun has information on the Goblinoid races.
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 12 Nov 2005 : 04:00:04
Old Legends and Lore also has a kickin' write up of Maglibuyet - who looks very awe-inspiring in his pose - but nothing compared the the craziness of Yeenoghu!

C-Fb
Kuje Posted - 12 Nov 2005 : 03:17:41
Monster Mythology and On Hallowed Ground has info on the pantheon.
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 12 Nov 2005 : 03:09:56
The Blue I believe is in the XPH...but other than that I can't help much...sorry.
~Kes

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000