Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Sunglade

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mendicant Posted - 19 Mar 2005 : 04:22:38
I am doing a complete writeup about the Sunglade for my campaign. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 17 Feb 2020 : 17:55:43
Acolyte Mendicant,

In case you are still around the 'Keep, and still writing the complete write-up, there is mention of the Sunglade in the novel, The Twilight Tomb.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Mendicant

I am doing a complete writeup about the Sunglade for my campaign. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Mendicant Posted - 23 Mar 2005 : 22:05:44
Thanks a lot guys. I have the info from Unapproachable East and DemiHuman Deities. I'll keep looking...
Jindael Posted - 23 Mar 2005 : 20:03:18
quote:
Originally posted by Cyandor
In the novel, it talks about how the Sunglade consists of two sets of menhirs. The outer ones are elven deities. The internal menhir are various forgotten gods. Only a few of the internal menhir can still be identified. One of them is a god with the name Simbul (part of the novel mentioned above). Another is Shandilar the Dancer (not sure on the name exactly). I believe that she ultimately merged with one of the Mulhuround deities - the merger is discussed in one of the Powers and Pantheons books but I don't recall which one.

According to Demihuman Deities, There are 10 stones in the innder circle, but only four are still legible:

Relkath of the Infinite Branches
Magnar the Bear
Elikarashae
Zandilar the Dancer.

A fifth sybol looks like it might have been the sign of the Simbul.

According to the above book, all the deities above were absorbed into memebers of the Seldarine except for Zandilar the Dancer (who merged with Bast to become Sharess).
Mendicant Posted - 23 Mar 2005 : 01:19:30
Thanks for the bit of lore...
Cyandor Posted - 22 Mar 2005 : 22:15:01
Unapproachable East is the most recent pronouncement on the subject that I am aware of. I think the Sunglade, along with other menhir circles are now said to be able to access the new Star Elf realm.

Other sources would be the old Thay, Aglorand, Rasheman boxed set. Lastly, I believe the Sunglade was featured in the novel The Simbul's Gift.

In the novel, it talks about how the Sunglade consists of two sets of menhirs. The outer ones are elven deities. The internal menhir are various forgotten gods. Only a few of the internal menhir can still be identified. One of them is a god with the name Simbul (part of the novel mentioned above). Another is Shandilar the Dancer (not sure on the name exactly). I believe that she ultimately merged with one of the Mulhuround deities - the merger is discussed in one of the Powers and Pantheons books but I don't recall which one.

Hope that helps.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000