Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Maglubiyet's Titles

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ericlboyd Posted - 21 Jul 2012 : 21:58:56
Greetings,

Anyone remember where Maglubiyet's titles were defined in printed lore?

I can find plenty of google refs to "Lord of Depths and Darkness", but I'm overlooking the original printed reference.

Thanks,

--Eric
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ericlboyd Posted - 22 Jul 2012 : 16:22:29
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

1st edition Deities & Demigods, pg. 109 (under 'Maglubiyet', naturally).The entry begins...
quote:
Both goblins and hobgoblins worship Maglubiyet, the Mighty One, Lord of the Depths and Darkness."

Thanks!
Markustay Posted - 22 Jul 2012 : 00:00:06
1st edition Deities & Demigods, pg. 109 (under 'Maglubiyet', naturally).The entry begins...
quote:
Both goblins and hobgoblins worship Maglubiyet, the Mighty One, Lord of the Depths and Darkness."

LOL - after just a tiny bit of research, turns out 4the edition couldn't even get his skin right. Doesn't anyone ever open a book over there in Renton? I guess Bane 'beat the black off of him'.

EDIT: I should apologize - after reading the text that went with that, it appears it was the artist that screwed up.
Jakuta Khan Posted - 21 Jul 2012 : 23:15:54
also 1st edition deities and demigods had some information if I recall correctly, but i do not have it at hand.
ericlboyd Posted - 21 Jul 2012 : 22:26:14
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Greetings,

Anyone remember where Maglubiyet's titles were defined in printed lore?

I can find plenty of google refs to "Lord of Depths and Darkness", but I'm overlooking the original printed reference.

Thanks,

--Eric

I thought it was Monstrous Mythology too, but I can't find it. Anyone got a page number?
Jakuta Khan Posted - 21 Jul 2012 : 22:04:34
I think it was the 2e monster mythologies which had some extent on it, and also here on candlekeep there ir an archives article about maglubiyet and his church etc. although 2e as well and not 100% sure if it is canon.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000