Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Knights of the North

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arioch Posted - 05 Jan 2011 : 15:30:59
While preparing my new adventure in 1480DR, I started wandering what happened to the Knights of the North, after the last fall of Zenthil Keep ...

Does anyone have some clues?

Thanks!!!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arioch Posted - 07 Jan 2011 : 15:46:53
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Arioch

Should I re-post the question on another forum, given the fact that my question is no longer about lore?

If it's about the Realms, you can talk about it here. But I'm not real clear on what it is you're looking for, if it's not the lore about this group.

(Damn my English )Well... It seems that there is no official lore to dig up about the Knights of the North, post 1479, so I proposed a version of their current situation (not so brilliant , I admit, just... working in the overall plan of my new campaign.)

Just looking for comments about a non-canon hypothesis... do you think it can work? can be implemented? How? Suggestions? It contradicts existing lore I'm not aware of... etc...

That sort of things you know!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Jan 2011 : 11:41:26
quote:
Originally posted by Arioch

Should I re-post the question on another forum, given the fact that my question is no longer about lore?

If it's about the Realms, you can talk about it here. But I'm not real clear on what it is you're looking for, if it's not the lore about this group.
Arioch Posted - 07 Jan 2011 : 09:21:37
Arioch Posted - 06 Jan 2011 : 11:34:04
Well... Thanks for your answers:

Here what I elaborated (looking for other sages contribution):

(1383 - Year of Vindicated Warrior) Following Brian James chronology, Zenthil Keep is destroyed along with the Citadel of the Raven: The Zhents alliance with the Phearimms is retaliated.

The Knights exult, but their "victory" is yet to be complete! An even grater threat comes from the Shadovars presence in western moonsea.

(???) Coronal Ilsevele Myritar, with the help of the Knights as mediators, struck an uneasy alliance with Hillsfar, Melvaunt and Thentia and prevent a permanent Netherilian colonization of the area.

During this brief campaign, during a climatic battle, the bulk of the knight died heroically to assure a total victory to the allies.

Of those surviving (about 15?), a few (7) decided to continue their battle against the order's remaining foes (Mulmaster, Bane, Loviatar...) maintaining a very low profile and eventually becoming more a secret society operating in the Moonsea area.

Others (8) simply stopped from active membership, returning to their day-to-day activities but secretly supporting active members.

Given the regional characteristic of the group is it possible that, in the following years, dwindling the Zhents presence in the Moonsea, some of the active members decided to move to those zones in which Zhents now dwell (Westgate, etc...)?

EDIT: (This is to adapt the story to my campaign) Even if the order today only exists in legends. Some tales report that if the situation in the Moonsea area should require it, one hero could recover the "might" of the order, if he follows an "hidden trail pointing north".
The Sage Posted - 06 Jan 2011 : 00:12:32
I don't think there's been much elaboration on this. So I'd agree with Miscellany. Work up your own take.
Mr_Miscellany Posted - 05 Jan 2011 : 22:57:37
Great chance to write the lore up, Arioch.
Dalor Darden Posted - 05 Jan 2011 : 22:05:16
My only educated guess would be that they are all dead...it has been a LONG time since they formed; and last I read they weren't getting many recruits!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000