Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Knights of the North
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2011 :  15:30:59  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
While preparing my new adventure in 1480DR, I started wandering what happened to the Knights of the North, after the last fall of Zenthil Keep ...

Does anyone have some clues?

Thanks!!!

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2011 :  22:05:16  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My only educated guess would be that they are all dead...it has been a LONG time since they formed; and last I read they weren't getting many recruits!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Mr_Miscellany
Senior Scribe

545 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2011 :  22:57:37  Show Profile Send Mr_Miscellany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great chance to write the lore up, Arioch.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2011 :  00:12:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think there's been much elaboration on this. So I'd agree with Miscellany. Work up your own take.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2011 :  11:34:04  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well... Thanks for your answers:

Here what I elaborated (looking for other sages contribution):

(1383 - Year of Vindicated Warrior) Following Brian James chronology, Zenthil Keep is destroyed along with the Citadel of the Raven: The Zhents alliance with the Phearimms is retaliated.

The Knights exult, but their "victory" is yet to be complete! An even grater threat comes from the Shadovars presence in western moonsea.

(???) Coronal Ilsevele Myritar, with the help of the Knights as mediators, struck an uneasy alliance with Hillsfar, Melvaunt and Thentia and prevent a permanent Netherilian colonization of the area.

During this brief campaign, during a climatic battle, the bulk of the knight died heroically to assure a total victory to the allies.

Of those surviving (about 15?), a few (7) decided to continue their battle against the order's remaining foes (Mulmaster, Bane, Loviatar...) maintaining a very low profile and eventually becoming more a secret society operating in the Moonsea area.

Others (8) simply stopped from active membership, returning to their day-to-day activities but secretly supporting active members.

Given the regional characteristic of the group is it possible that, in the following years, dwindling the Zhents presence in the Moonsea, some of the active members decided to move to those zones in which Zhents now dwell (Westgate, etc...)?

EDIT: (This is to adapt the story to my campaign) Even if the order today only exists in legends. Some tales report that if the situation in the Moonsea area should require it, one hero could recover the "might" of the order, if he follows an "hidden trail pointing north".

Edited by - Arioch on 06 Jan 2011 17:57:54
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  09:21:37  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Should I re-post the question on another forum, given the fact that my question is no longer about lore?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  11:41:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arioch

Should I re-post the question on another forum, given the fact that my question is no longer about lore?

If it's about the Realms, you can talk about it here. But I'm not real clear on what it is you're looking for, if it's not the lore about this group.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  15:46:53  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Arioch

If it's about the Realms, you can talk about it here. But I'm not real clear on what it is you're looking for, if it's not the lore about this group.

(Damn my English )Well... It seems that there is no official lore to dig up about the Knights of the North, post 1479, so I proposed a version of their current situation (not so brilliant , I admit, just... working in the overall plan of my new campaign.)

Just looking for comments about a non-canon hypothesis... do you think it can work? can be implemented? How? Suggestions? It contradicts existing lore I'm not aware of... etc...

That sort of things you know!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000