Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Syldritch Trea

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Markustay Posted - 16 Dec 2010 : 23:28:51
What is it?

Obviously a locale from the Cleric quintet, but I'm missing that book (for some strange reason). Of course I would be missing the one novel that details areas within Shilmista... Grrrr...

I'm trying to update my old Erlkazar map with a couple of new locales (now that I've updated my copy of the FRIA), so a quick reply would be MOST appreciated.

BTW, when I Google it I got lots of stuff, all of which does NOT pertain to this FR locale (which makes me wonder how RAS picks some of his names). I also tried the Search function here, to no avail, so asking the scribes here is a last-ditch effort.

Thanks --- Mark
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Markustay Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 02:38:28
I managed to 'find' a copy of the novel, and Hoondatha hit it right on the head. Definitely something created just for the novel.

Which makes me now think that that unknown map symbol simply means 'place of interest' (which I though the 'X's were, but maybe those FRIA maps don't have 'X's).

I should have the newest iteration of this map uploaded to DeviantART shortly - bear-in-mind that it is just an update on the older (new) map, and not the really new map with completely corrected terrain. That one iremains a back-burner project. This one still uses the slightly adjusted but-still-incorrect 3e terrain for the 2e locales.

The Sage Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 00:17:29
I can't recall anything definitive in the lore at the moment.

You might want to try contacting RAS. He might be able to tell you whether it was a creation of his own, or some odd reference from a previous Realms source.
Hoondatha Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 00:15:15
IIRC, it's the oldest stand of trees within the forest. I forget whether the kind of tree was specified, but they were each towering giants that were then able to be awakened by the ritual Cadderly was using.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000