Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Syldritch Trea
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2010 :  23:28:51  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What is it?

Obviously a locale from the Cleric quintet, but I'm missing that book (for some strange reason). Of course I would be missing the one novel that details areas within Shilmista... Grrrr...

I'm trying to update my old Erlkazar map with a couple of new locales (now that I've updated my copy of the FRIA), so a quick reply would be MOST appreciated.

BTW, when I Google it I got lots of stuff, all of which does NOT pertain to this FR locale (which makes me wonder how RAS picks some of his names). I also tried the Search function here, to no avail, so asking the scribes here is a last-ditch effort.

Thanks --- Mark

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2010 :  00:15:15  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IIRC, it's the oldest stand of trees within the forest. I forget whether the kind of tree was specified, but they were each towering giants that were then able to be awakened by the ritual Cadderly was using.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2010 :  00:17:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't recall anything definitive in the lore at the moment.

You might want to try contacting RAS. He might be able to tell you whether it was a creation of his own, or some odd reference from a previous Realms source.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2010 :  02:38:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I managed to 'find' a copy of the novel, and Hoondatha hit it right on the head. Definitely something created just for the novel.

Which makes me now think that that unknown map symbol simply means 'place of interest' (which I though the 'X's were, but maybe those FRIA maps don't have 'X's).

I should have the newest iteration of this map uploaded to DeviantART shortly - bear-in-mind that it is just an update on the older (new) map, and not the really new map with completely corrected terrain. That one iremains a back-burner project. This one still uses the slightly adjusted but-still-incorrect 3e terrain for the 2e locales.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000