Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 What happened to Mother Bayalun

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
creyzi4zb12 Posted - 08 Feb 2009 : 17:53:57
After Yamun Khahan's death, what happened to mother Bayalun? Did she rule the horselands legally or secretly? Or did she not? How old was she when Yamun died anyway?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Markustay Posted - 11 Feb 2009 : 16:40:58
Banshee would fit her, but Hag is also a possibility, given their proliferance in the east.

Isn't there at least one Hag-type that has the banshee's wail? THAT would work... she did seem like a bit of a nag.
creyzi4zb12 Posted - 09 Feb 2009 : 11:22:52
I'd like to picture her out as a Larva Mage...but she'd look bad in that. Mebbe just spin off a story that she mated with a sleeping sentient being on the hordelands (and only people with big enough magic can detect it).
KnightErrantJR Posted - 09 Feb 2009 : 04:43:08
Once I read about Kourmira, my first thought was that it would be fun to introduce Eke Bayalun Khadun as a villain in a campaign set in that region, especially if she managed to escape her dead magic "prison" that she was confined too. Its probably cliche at this point, but I could picture her as some kind of undead, though not a lich so much as perhaps some kind of restless spirit that's just trying to take apart Hubadai's new kingdom.
Lord Karsus Posted - 09 Feb 2009 : 04:33:44
quote:
Originally posted by creyzi4zb12

Hmmm..she interested me the most in book 1 because of her sly and cunning attitude, but she still has a long way to go when it comes to magic lore.

-Well, the Tuigan weren't known for their magical prowess, and much as they were their numbers and horse-riding war tactics and all, so...
creyzi4zb12 Posted - 09 Feb 2009 : 04:11:45
Hmmm..she interested me the most in book 1 because of her sly and cunning attitude, but she still has a long way to go when it comes to magic lore.
Lord Karsus Posted - 09 Feb 2009 : 03:02:22
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Any chance you can find out whose unpublished story it was, my Lady?

-Or publish it, maybe? Yeah, yeah, I know it's impossible, but...It can't hurt to ask, right?
The Sage Posted - 08 Feb 2009 : 23:02:14
Interesting.

Any chance you can find out whose unpublished story it was, my Lady?
The Hooded One Posted - 08 Feb 2009 : 21:01:25
I believe there's an unpublished short story that dealt with her fate. No, not by Ed. By James Lowder, perhaps? Hmm . . .
Anyway, that's the reason for the utter lack of lore about her, post-Horde.
love,
THO
Markustay Posted - 08 Feb 2009 : 19:34:34
Good question.

She wasn't mentioned at all in the Hordelands update in Dragon Magazine #349.

I wish I had that novel - I've tried looking for it several times, but I seem to have completely lost it in one of my moves.

She may heave been giving some ceremonial title and 're-assigned', but it doesn't appear she has anything to do with the running of Hubadai's Kingdom - he follows the Red Knight (which is the 'state religion' of Yaïmmunahar).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000