Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Khazid'hea: Why doesn't she just get rid of it!?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CarolinaPaladin Posted - 05 Jul 2006 : 13:24:21
I don't understand why Cattie-brie doesn't just toss the cursed sword into a chest and chuck the chest into a Pool of Radiance or the ocean, whichever is closer?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Drakul Posted - 13 Apr 2007 : 17:57:15
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

To bad it's never explained exactly how she is able to control it. We just have to take for granted that she has a "strong enough will" or something, because she is one of RAS's main heroes.

And yes, I am rather biased against this character, and it shows. Oh well, live with it.

If y'all will recall the 'test' that Drizzt performed when Cattie-Brie threw herself all over Drizzt. The reason why she did that is because she was an unwilling manifestation of Cutter. Cutter had its pommel in the shape of Cattie-Brie's head and facial features.

Drizzt then tried to take the blade from her, but the blade made Cattie-Brie attack Drizzt. Then when Drizzt finally got his hands on the blade, Cattie-Brie (Cutter) cried out in ecstacy.

Then Cattie-Brie snapped out of it and wondered what happened. Then Drizzt looked at the pommel of Cutter and saw that it was in the shape of a Unicorn (I think) and he then handed it to her.

I believe this happened in Siege of Darkness.
Ilztfryn Claddghym Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 19:19:48
I dont think she has given it up yet because 1. it is an extraordinary weapon 2. she believes she can control it and 3. She doesn's want it falling into the wrong hands.
Twilight Posted - 30 Dec 2006 : 09:13:40
It's a incredbly strong sword you just can't let it control you
Aglaranna Posted - 09 Nov 2006 : 23:47:31
*mumbles dejectedly* Yes, sir.
The Sage Posted - 08 Nov 2006 : 07:05:49
I'm just reinforcing what Arky said earlier... Let's try an keep focused on the topic of the scroll and try to phase out the off-topic posts about being "off-topic" and/or "on-topic", eh?

Genis Posted - 07 Nov 2006 : 23:34:59
actually im about talked out of this conversation ive said all that needs to be said on the subject...so i'll just assume this thread is about used up then if even I have nothing more to say
Aglaranna Posted - 07 Nov 2006 : 23:11:21
I went temporarily deaf and have absolutely no idea what you said...Wait, I can still read when I'm deaf! D'Arvit, wrong potion...*sigh* Okay. No more discussing the correct spelling of touche. I'm totally on topic now.
Genis Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 04:47:25
aye aye captain!...but yeah she did control that sword even to the end...it just wasnt delly who could control it at all....poor Wulfgar(SPOILER ALERT)"not that aglaranna with listen anyways"...lost his women to some orcs.....what a fate
Arkhaedun Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 04:14:10
Just a friendly reminder not to stray too far off topic. Lets try to stay relatively focused on the main point of this thread, that being Catti-brie and Khazid'hea. Thanks.
Genis Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 04:07:02
toochie....two shay?.....touchie....etc....since we're on the subject you wouldnt by any chance know how to spell two shay would u?
Aglaranna Posted - 06 Nov 2006 : 02:53:15
Well, quoting a friend of mine, 'Somebody's got to do something with their life!' But don't worry, I'm working on it. No book is safe! Er, mostly.
Genis Posted - 05 Nov 2006 : 03:54:00
you haven't finished that book yet?...i would have figured the great Aglaranna would have read almost everything by now?:O
Aglaranna Posted - 04 Nov 2006 : 22:15:55
Urgh, I should stop listening to spoilers! I haven't read that far yet! But I'm still here, saying inarticulate things like 'urgh', so I'm pretty sure I'm a hopeless case anyway.
Genis Posted - 03 Nov 2006 : 00:06:42
(SPOILER)...again ,and i guess she still had control over it in the end too....it was delly that was tricked and then killed by the actions of the evil but very awesome sword, thus making it fall into the hands of...that one drow...whats his face?
Genis Posted - 03 Nov 2006 : 00:04:30
stop polishing it for a week? lol...and she probably keeps "cutter" because its a magnificent sword and she feels as tho she has gained control over it...so at this point there is no reason to get ride of it....well (SPOILER ALERT) unless you've read the latest salvatore book...then you dont have to worry its already gone!!!
Aglaranna Posted - 02 Nov 2006 : 23:58:38
Why doesn't she just chuck the thing, you ask? I have this freakin' sword, aptly named 'Cynicism', that's +5, I think. The thing won't SHUT UP! Besides the fact that I'm going mad, though, I keep it cause it's cool stuff. Don't you keep cool stuff? Although I swear, if my fighting skills are insulted one more time but that sword, I'll, um...What do you do to a sword, anyway?
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 12 Oct 2006 : 21:58:02
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Heck, I don't recall any character i've played or DMed ever getting rid of a powerful weapon :)

Weeell, I remember an incident where some demons managed to get rid of almost all the characters most powerful weapons, courtesy of yours truly and some rather botched saving throws on the weapons' parts. Kinda sad that the best weapon they had to go against a Malirith was a dagger +4
Alisttair Posted - 11 Oct 2006 : 17:24:47
Heck, I don't recall any character i've played or DMed ever getting rid of a powerful weapon :)
Alediran Posted - 11 Oct 2006 : 16:40:31
Spoiler ahead:

Tos'un during The Companion's Blade in Realms of the Elves learned a lot about fighting thanks to Khazid'hea's experience with drizzt, especially the difference between a good fighter and a really good fighter (weapon master for him), and he even managed to avoid killing a Moonwood elf who was taughting him the elven language and other things because the sword wanted to kill her.
ode904 Posted - 13 Aug 2006 : 22:26:26
I think Drizzt takes it from Tos'un or the sword tries to get himself to the hands of Obould. And the blade may be considered as evil, it just wants to kill. I wouldn't like to think that it has ''an alignment'' or something like that. It just is purpose of its wretched existence. And why Catti-brie wants to keep it? She thinks she can handle it and it is extremely fine blade.
FridayThe13th Posted - 21 Jul 2006 : 02:37:19
quote:

Of course, the point is a bit moot, because (highlight to read):

She doesn't have it anymore! An evil drow has it! Bwahahaha.

You do know that the person it really wants to be wielded by is Obould Many-Arrows, so I don't think the Drow will have it for long
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 17 Jul 2006 : 05:02:40
Of course, the point is a bit moot, because (highlight to read):

She doesn't have it anymore! An evil drow has it! Bwahahaha.
SirUrza Posted - 17 Jul 2006 : 03:31:13
Khazid'hea is definately an evil blade, if I'm not mistaken Khazid'hea has wanted certain wields to kill certain friends.

The question of Why does Cattie keep Khazid'hea when it's an intelligent blade can be answered the same way ANY character keeping an troublesome intelligent blade. She keeps it because it does COOL STUFF! In this case it's Vorpal.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Jul 2006 : 03:22:02
quote:
Originally posted by FridayThe13th

Same situation. Just like when Artemis has to control Charon's Claw and Jarlaxle tried to control Crenshenibon, Catti-Brie has managed to subdue Khazid'hea under her will. Oh, and I don't think that it is inherently an "evil" blade like Charon's Claw, it just wants to be wielded in the hands of a skiled swordsman. If the sword like you, it won't bother you much. If it dosen't like you... well... just look at what happened to Delly.

Sorry, but leading someone to their death just to change hands isn't really a good act.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 16 Jul 2006 : 22:46:08
quote:
Originally posted by FridayThe13th

Same situation. Just like when Artemis has to control Charon's Claw and Jarlaxle tried to control Crenshenibon, Catti-Brie has managed to subdue Khazid'hea under her will. Oh, and I don't think that it is inherently an "evil" blade like Charon's Claw, it just wants to be wielded in the hands of a skiled swordsman. If the sword like you, it won't bother you much. If it dosen't like you... well... just look at what happened to Delly.

I'm not really sure I agree that the blade isn't malevolent.

And it's not up to the reader to "fill in the gaps" where stuff like a battle of wills is concerned. "It's the same as what happened to A and J" may be a good enough explanation for some, but not me.
FridayThe13th Posted - 16 Jul 2006 : 13:53:52
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Jul 2006 : 04:42:42
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

That was always my impression, that her will was strong enough to overcome the sword's will. It jives with the (2E) rules for intelligent weapons, I believe.

Agreed...however, remember when Artemis Entreri had to master that Charon's Claw (I'm assuming you read Servant of the Shard), and RAS actually went into detail with the mental battle? That's what I like to read. With Catti-brie, she basically goes off...then comes back having mastered the sword somehow, with no explanation of how she was able to do it.

Rocks-paper-scissors, best out of three.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 06 Jul 2006 : 04:24:10
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

That was always my impression, that her will was strong enough to overcome the sword's will. It jives with the (2E) rules for intelligent weapons, I believe.

Agreed...however, remember when Artemis Entreri had to master that Charon's Claw (I'm assuming you read Servant of the Shard), and RAS actually went into detail with the mental battle? That's what I like to read. With Catti-brie, she basically goes off...then comes back having mastered the sword somehow, with no explanation of how she was able to do it.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Jul 2006 : 04:07:02
quote:

To bad it's never explained exactly how she is able to control it. We just have to take for granted that she has a "strong enough will" or something, because she is one of RAS's main heroes.

And yes, I am rather biased against this character, and it shows. Oh well, live with it.

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 06 Jul 2006 : 03:51:26

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000