Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Table Top Software Available

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MuadDib Posted - 27 Jan 2005 : 19:35:17
Hi guys

I've got a mate who I met through an MMORPG I play, and he has developed a table top software program that he has been dying to test and get some feedback on. I dont play table top (yet) and thus can't help him, but I know some of you have and might be able to help him see how it works and where his flaws are...

Hop on over to :

http://www.aartanridge.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8434&highlight=

and let him know what you think

I'm sure he'd appreciate any feedback
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cheba Posted - 13 Feb 2005 : 13:11:50
Some extra functionality has been added including language support so it should be fairly easy to add translation to any language your players use. It's currently just English and French but German should be on there in a few days.

The source code is now available for download, just log on and click on the refbot zip file for the code.

Both table top gamers and PBEM gamers seem to be finding it useful, so have a play with it and see what you think.

Requests for enhancements, support, or any feedback can be made here.
Cheba Posted - 29 Jan 2005 : 11:47:55
If you want an easy (and free) install of Apache/PHP/MySQL have a look at http://www.firepages.com.au/

It isn't the most uptodate version of PHP but it is a really easy way to get everything installed and working together.

However, what I need before making the code available is some feedback from folks who might use it to find out if there is any functionality that I've missed out that I could perhaps include in it.

Oh yes, and I checked PHP on the Mac and it does have support. :)

Cheba
SirUrza Posted - 29 Jan 2005 : 05:03:01
Really? Well it's be a few years since I looked for http server software, maybe things have changed.
Lucius Posted - 28 Jan 2005 : 15:29:54
It looks fairly good. And in the long run, anything has to be better than tedious PBEM games.

Perhaps I'll take another, more precise look when I've got the time.

Thanks MuadDib!
Cheba Posted - 28 Jan 2005 : 09:25:43
Thanks for your feedback,

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is, webservers are free to download, php is free to download, and my software will be free to download once it's been polished.

Unless that is you run a Mac, I can't say I know alot about such things.

Cheba
SirUrza Posted - 28 Jan 2005 : 03:28:20
I'd be all over this if it weren't for that fact that it's a PHP app that requires a webserver. Now on webserver isn't a problem, but finding FREE webserver software to run on my machine with PHP support? No go.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000