Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Artalis Posted - 10 Dec 2002 : 03:10:14
I was hoping that one of fine folks could help me locate a copy of the FRIA. I have looked all over and can't seem to find it. I know it's out of print but someone has to have it. I would really love to get my hands on one.

Thanks
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Red-Tide Posted - 14 Feb 2005 : 18:59:56
Eek! What did that cost you?
Thurgen Proudblade Posted - 14 Feb 2005 : 11:08:39
Same here got it off ebay just the other day.
Red-Tide Posted - 09 Feb 2005 : 19:40:31
Finally found it myself!!!! If anyone needs it msg me...
Thurgen Proudblade Posted - 25 Jan 2005 : 01:53:45
William, I guess I was one of the ones bidding on your copy then. I have been trying for months to get a copy of of ebay, unsuccessfully I might add. If you ever wanna sell that other copy you have send me an email. Mayhaps we can work something out.
SirUrza Posted - 22 Jan 2005 : 21:47:52
Except Wizards doesn't control the forgotten realms electronics license, Infogrames does.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 21 Jan 2005 : 04:27:26
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

I wish they'd continue working on the atlas.

I thought that at one time plans where in the works to redo the atlas so what happened to that.It was Rad what said this....
Quote RAD said:
Heard that Simon Rogers from Profantasy Ltd are in talks with WotC to reproduce the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas for 3.5ed FR

Fingers crossed that it all comes together!!
SirUrza Posted - 21 Jan 2005 : 03:29:02
I wish they'd continue working on the atlas.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 20 Jan 2005 : 01:50:45
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

There's actually one on eBay right now. Still sealed, according to the description.

Still sealed? Hmm....check the feedback

75 feedback, 100% positive. But it's already up to $51, and it's still got a week to go...

I sometimes ponder putting my own copy up for auction... But I won't do that -- if I did, I'd not have it, and I want to have a complete collection of FR stuff!

Besides, I got a good deal on it, when it was still new.

Wooly that was one of mine for sale also,it sold but I have 1 more that is still in a sealed box also that I may sale later.The only thing is you can't give money back once they open it.(if they open the box it will kill the resale)(if open the cd then they could have burned a copy off it)I bought several copies a while back for gifts for a group and things changed so I decided to sell them and have actually sold for less than I paid at the time.Such is life!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Jan 2005 : 23:20:55
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

There's actually one on eBay right now. Still sealed, according to the description.

75 feedback, 100% positive. But it's already up to $51, and it's still got a week to go...

I sometimes ponder putting my own copy up for auction... But I won't do that -- if I did, I'd not have it, and I want to have a complete collection of FR stuff!

Besides, I got a good deal on it, when it was still new.
SiriusBlack Posted - 10 Jan 2005 : 15:19:00
quote:

Hymn Posted - 10 Jan 2005 : 11:13:20
quote:

Ah what wouldn't I give if my copy was in that condition.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Jan 2005 : 10:57:49
William of Waterdeep Posted - 10 Jan 2005 : 06:01:51
I just sold some on ebay not long ago.You can still find them if you'll just keep searching.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 31 Dec 2004 : 00:11:45
quote:
Originally posted by krejna

I found my copy at an EB games in my local mall for around 5 bucks. Try searching in those places. Babbages, Walden games, and such. Most of these places have discount software and games that I have seen some pretty good stuff in.

How long ago was this?
krejna Posted - 30 Dec 2004 : 22:50:22
I found my copy at an EB games in my local mall for around 5 bucks. Try searching in those places. Babbages, Walden games, and such. Most of these places have discount software and games that I have seen some pretty good stuff in.
ferber Posted - 21 Oct 2004 : 18:27:27
Hi, i was reading all the topic here and always came with the same problem...

yes we can get our hand on it on ebay.. but man... you have to be like tooooo rich as the rarer it get to much money they ask for it...

as i talk right now there is one copy for 70$ us, but still 3 day left so it may go way too high...

what im asking for is : is there anyone who know how i can get my hand on it for either a reasonable price or a " WAY too reasonable price " hehe

Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Apr 2004 : 13:54:04
As has been suggested before, hit eBay. I've seen copies of it turn up there from time to time.
fye Posted - 25 Apr 2004 : 11:39:49
HELP ME GUYS! i can't find it anywhere. i am from greece and that excellent programm, is no more here. i try to find it out from friends,shops,even warez or pirates!but nothing,if anyone knows anything about downloading or something,please inform me.
SirUrza Posted - 24 Feb 2004 : 16:39:35
Hmmm I don't think that update3 includes ALL the updates. I do know that update3 spent a lot of time on the shelf before it's release and as a result, ended up getting released long after Hasbro closed/sold it's software licensing/rights thus leaving several existing bugs (and update3) related bugs unfixed.

I would recommend updating in order 1-3. If you have dialup, get a program like GetRight, which is a download manager and will allow you to stop, continue later, and automatic restart (and redial to your isp) if you decide to download it while your in bed asleep.
Yasraena Posted - 20 Feb 2004 : 04:31:25
Razil, As far as I know, you don't need to install any of the updates, but if you want to, you have to do them in order. If you don't, weird things are supposed to happen, as your ikernel error is apparently telling us is true.
I'd suggest uninstalling the program, downloading all the updates, reinstalling the program and then the updates in order. I've always done it this way since the last update and have had no problems.

I know all three updates are huge if you still have dial-up, but they're definitely worth it if only for the insane amount of maps you get with them. There's some cool additions in there!
Razil Posted - 16 Feb 2004 : 19:40:20
I just found a copy of the atlas. It had to be dusted off and was hidden in the back. I'm having trouble downloading the updates.
Doesn't update # 3 include all I need? I've downloaded it twice now and I keep getting an "error initializing ikernel.exe" when I attempt to run setup. Of course the Wotc website says they can't help me b/c it's not supported anymore. Anybody else have this problem, or know where I can download it elsewhere? Thanks for the help.
Lord Rad Posted - 20 Nov 2003 : 11:00:10
quote:
Originally posted by jeepfreek

HELP.. I can't find it ANYWERE on the internet for sale.. called several local shops and no dice.. I've already D/L'd the updates, now I'm just waiting to locate a copy of the software..

if anybody can help with advice or even if they know how to even locate a copy of a copy.. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Scott

I saw a copy only yesterday on eBay!! Not sure when the auction ends though.
jeepfreek Posted - 20 Nov 2003 : 05:40:51
HELP.. I can't find it ANYWERE on the internet for sale.. called several local shops and no dice.. I've already D/L'd the updates, now I'm just waiting to locate a copy of the software..

if anybody can help with advice or even if they know how to even locate a copy of a copy.. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Scott
William of Waterdeep Posted - 05 Nov 2003 : 23:56:42
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Heard that Simon Rogers from Profantasy Ltd are in talks with WotC to reproduce the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas for 3.5ed FR

Shhhh...I'll never sell the ones I have if you tell.
Really,I hope they do,I can't believe they ever quit making the first ones.Something everyone should have if you love the FR.
Lord Rad Posted - 05 Nov 2003 : 23:29:35

William of Waterdeep Posted - 12 Sep 2003 : 06:49:43
ANYONE still looking there is one on ebay right now............
William of Waterdeep Posted - 08 Sep 2003 : 06:28:51
I got my copy here last year, it was 97.35 total and well worth it........http://www.cyberdungeon.com

If this is no longer available then email me, I willnot sell it but will help you get it.
Karesch Posted - 01 Aug 2003 : 07:10:51
ok, this is a rather old topic in here, but I'm now desparately trying to locate a copy of this atlas, and am wondering if any of you fine folk could help me out. I'm scoured EBAY and came up with no such luck. I even contacted Wizards, and they said with it being so long out of print, they can't help me at all. so I'm plea'ing to you for help. if you could help me out, I'd be rather indebted.
Yasraena Posted - 30 Mar 2003 : 07:28:58
When you say 'add to the maps' are you talking about actually putting something new on the existing maps? If you are, I'm sorry to say that you can't with the Atlas. It's just a reference tool. You need to get either the full version of Campaign Cartographer or Core Rules 2.0 which comes bundled with a 'light' version of the program, to be able to create new maps or augment the existing ones. Sorry Artalis.

There is a way to add your own notes or references to existing maps, however. Go to the 'info' tab' and then to 'map notes'. A box will come up with selections to choose from. From there you can choose to edit the existing map notes, or create new ones.
I hope this helped.
Artalis Posted - 30 Mar 2003 : 07:03:58
OK I have the software, installed the updates and all is good, great actually.

I am curious though, does anyone know how to add things to the maps?

I would like to add a couple of sites to the maps for my own reference but can't figure out how...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000