Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Coolest and/or best class?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ezindir the dark Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 18:36:46
Greetings!

So.. Which do you think is the one?
Personally I think you owe it all to the Necromancer/Ranger.
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kaervok Posted - 03 Apr 2004 : 01:09:53
quote:
Originally posted by yeminer

my best character is wizard/lich because they do not die so you have many time to study and have power

Me too. I totally agree, w00t!
yeminer Posted - 30 Mar 2004 : 08:34:45
my best character is wizard/lich because they do not die so you have many time to study and have power
Ezindir the dark Posted - 29 Feb 2004 : 20:38:24
quote:
Originally posted by EcThelion

quote:
Originally posted by Ezindir the dark

quote:

What could you possibly use the puny Ranger Spells for anyway? And the animal companion is pretty useless. And the Hide skill... well... that's what we've got invisibility for, now isn't it?

I'd rather have the hitpoints of a fighter, but why go there when you can have the hitpoints of a Dragon? Sorceror/Dragon Deciple all the way.

Healing, poison, so on... Anyways, the animal compainion, familiar combe is reallly usefull in NwN, and if you have hideskill you dont need invisibility and then you have room for more spells.

And as I said, ranger is a better solo character then fighter, I think they even gain more hP or equal mind you

(that's alot of quoting)
The Ranger just isn't worth the levels. I'd rather go for a prestige Class any day.

Yes indeed, and there are more to come.
Perhaps, it depends on the class, but yes it is certainly worth the levels.

quote:
originally posted by Ius
Ah, I did not understand that the topic was NWN characters. On this topic I have absolutely no idea as I have just resently begun playing the first expansion. In the original NWN I played a paladin, fun, until a guy showed me his halforc/barbarian/fighter/mage (shield is such a good spell, in 3ed, that it is worth taking a stray wizard level for a tank).
It is not only for NwN, it is for everything, but it just so happend that we discussed NwN now.
Ius Posted - 28 Feb 2004 : 08:22:16
Ah, I did not understand that the topic was NWN characters. On this topic I have absolutely no idea as I have just resently begun playing the first expansion. In the original NWN I played a paladin, fun, until a guy showed me his halforc/barbarian/fighter/mage (shield is such a good spell, in 3ed, that it is worth taking a stray wizard level for a tank).
Shadowlord Posted - 28 Feb 2004 : 01:57:16
In NWN, I recently added the ranger class to my character. (Only 1 lvl, seeing as how they receive the dual wield feat, and I'm too lazy to get both Two Weapon Fighting and ambidexterity.)
EcThelion Posted - 27 Feb 2004 : 23:36:59
quote:
Originally posted by Ezindir the dark

quote:

What could you possibly use the puny Ranger Spells for anyway? And the animal companion is pretty useless. And the Hide skill... well... that's what we've got invisibility for, now isn't it?

I'd rather have the hitpoints of a fighter, but why go there when you can have the hitpoints of a Dragon? Sorceror/Dragon Deciple all the way.

Healing, poison, so on... Anyways, the animal compainion, familiar combe is reallly usefull in NwN, and if you have hideskill you dont need invisibility and then you have room for more spells.

And as I said, ranger is a better solo character then fighter, I think they even gain more hP or equal mind you

(that's alot of quoting)
The Ranger just isn't worth the levels. I'd rather go for a prestige Class any day.
Hymn Posted - 27 Feb 2004 : 21:01:51
Hey what ever happned to the good old rouge 4/fighter 4 minimum any way.
Ius Posted - 27 Feb 2004 : 08:02:55
If you want a really poweful character try taking a human with the "bloodline of fire" -feat and, class him up with sorcerer/elemental savant(fire) mixed in with spell focus/greater spellfocus evocation. Keep his cha score high and at higher levels you take the contemplative prestige class to get some exellent save boost. Other feats that is good for this character are energy substitution and energy admixture.
This spellcaster will be very powerful around lvl12-16 with his fire spells having incredibly high DCs and having a lot of spells to cast.
I got this character from one of my players in the campaign "City of the Spiderqueen" the guy actually became a contemplative after an encounter with Kurgoth Hellspawn(who I ruled as a higher representative of the god Kossuth). Needless to say this character has some weaknesses as well, fire immune or resistant creatures are a though match, however the sorcerer class allows him to cast other spellssuch as disitegrate and other spells, as he is not dependent on memorization. Imagine the devastation of a energyadmixed fireball/lihtningball with a dc closer to 30!
Signal-9 Posted - 27 Feb 2004 : 03:32:05
Well this is a tough one, I couldnt say which one is the best class but i can name my favorite 3 normal and 3 wild class's:

1) Fighter ( you can never go wrong with at least a couple fighters in your party)

2) Wizard ( I prefer the wizard over the sorcerer because I can choose what spells I want for the next day)

3) Cleric ( Over all you need this class in your party, healing and combat is a deadly combination

Wild Mix:
---------

1) Rogue / Cleric ( this is can be a very good mix if it is done right)

2) Rogue / Wizard ( this is also a powerful mix)

3) Ranger / Druid ( just seems to flow )

Now, I wont get into prestige class's and the such since it will get way to crazy in here... but for some basic class types you really can do alot !
Kaervok Posted - 24 Feb 2004 : 20:15:23
Me being a longgggg time Arcane spellcasting class. I also beleive in study, not instant gratification. Therefore I am totally for the Mage (wizard) class. After taking it to the next step, Arch Mage and lich prestige classes are my favorite. The great lich powers and teh Arch-mage power over spells is unbelievable, therefore Thats why the Mage is my favorite. Plus they are cool adn where robes!!
Sirine Posted - 24 Feb 2004 : 14:36:15
::hops up and down, waving hands in air:: All for the rouge halfling thief! All for the rouge halfling thief! Raise your hands!! ::hophop::
Ezindir the dark Posted - 24 Feb 2004 : 10:24:33
quote:

The Cardinal Posted - 24 Feb 2004 : 10:12:43
Well, we ourselves are almost always a spell caster of somesort.

-Usually Arcane ( Sorc, Bard or Necro) over Divine (Druid)
- tend to shun all direct fighting types ( Barbarians, Fighter, Paladins, Rangers, and sometimes monks)
- Favorite Prestiege classes are: Blackguard, Shifter, Disciple of Asmodeus, Planeshifter, Acolyte of the Skin, Alienist, and Fang of Lolth (PRAISE LOLTH!)
-Third Party or other wise PrC include: The Demonologist (Encyclopedia Arcane: Demonology), The Possessed (EA: Demonology), The Necrophage (EA: Necromancy)

Notice a trend? Oh well, the rewards are usually worth the low HP in the Long run... if we ever make it to the long run with that char
EcThelion Posted - 24 Feb 2004 : 05:54:48

Ezindir the dark Posted - 22 Feb 2004 : 16:10:31
Well Ranger/mage is not very different from fighter/mage, but I think ranger is a better solo character.
Arivia Posted - 22 Feb 2004 : 15:29:16
It works...okay. It's just grating to my mind, and I've never been able to find a good concept for it. I'm more of a fan of either the fighter/wizard or druid/wizard.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 22 Feb 2004 : 11:52:30
But now why? I think the Ranger/mage is best, this is becouse they get the powerful mage spells, the rangers fighting skills , ability to hide in the shadows, familiar and Animal companion, charm animal and som basic cleric spells.
Arivia Posted - 22 Feb 2004 : 05:17:59
I'm really wide open on this. A few notes:
  • I generally prefer druids to clerics, and wizards over sorcerers.
  • I'm not one for barbarians in general(although they make for a nice change of pace), nor for the 3.0 ranger.
  • Favorite prestige classes: Incantatrix, verdant lord, planar champion, arcane archer, bladesinger, shadowdancer, candle caster, and guild thief.
  • Out of my own stuff: Ieciari sculptor, disciple of light, and Tor'elach(Stuff from my projects).
Bookwyrm Posted - 22 Feb 2004 : 03:48:16
How about Fencer?

Oh, wait, that hasn't been released yet. I suppose I ought to send what I've got to Sage soon, so he and I can complete that class.
Teflon Posted - 22 Feb 2004 : 03:13:11
I like going with the Ranger/Arcane Archer. Its a pretty cool class.
Cherrn Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 23:39:11
I always liked monk/shadowdancer combo.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 22:37:24
Agreed.
Shadowlord Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 22:15:09
Ezindir, I would appretiate it if you refrained from mentioning that mishap ever again......
Ezindir the dark Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 22:12:57
Okey, hope it goes better with this one then it whent with your sorcerer.
Shadowlord Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 22:07:11
Of course I can. You should see my NWN character. I'll post stats as soon as I get a chance.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 21:59:53
Öf course, but you cant mean that that is the best class?
Shadowlord Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 21:51:34
Once again, I shall have to say Rogue/Shadowdancer. Considering my character, I believe the explanation is obvious......

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000