Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Silverfall

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Skeptic Posted - 01 Aug 2007 : 06:38:33

Hi,

I'm currently reading Silverfall, the only Ed's novel I didn't read before except Stormlight. I was quite surprised to find that it's one of my favorite coming from him.

Do many of you have this one as your favorite from our beloved creator of the Realms?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SirUrza Posted - 12 Aug 2007 : 22:40:31
If I remember right, it offered some interesting insight and background on the Sister, but that was about it. Aside from having a clever storyline, it really doesn't stand out.
Skeptic Posted - 11 Aug 2007 : 21:35:42
Finally, I have to say that the ending was a bit disapointing, maybe because I didn't understand it completly either.

I'm now reading Swords of Eveningstar and so far I like it.
scererar Posted - 09 Aug 2007 : 01:50:35
Yeah, it was a bit different in style. Almost a collection of short stories, that came together in the end of the novel
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 09 Aug 2007 : 00:53:39
quote:
Originally posted by freyar

I liked Silverfall but not as much as the other books of his I've read (Shandril, some of the Elminster books, Cormyr). The individual scenes -- even the individual chapters -- were great on their own, but I just didn't get how they all got put together into a coherent whole. Maybe I just don't know enough Realmslore myself to work it out .

I didn't really "get it", myself, and I wasn't exactly new to the Realms when I read that book.
freyar Posted - 05 Aug 2007 : 17:07:30
I liked Silverfall but not as much as the other books of his I've read (Shandril, some of the Elminster books, Cormyr). The individual scenes -- even the individual chapters -- were great on their own, but I just didn't get how they all got put together into a coherent whole. Maybe I just don't know enough Realmslore myself to work it out .
Skeptic Posted - 02 Aug 2007 : 02:10:38
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
The whole is greater than the often inconsistent and hard to follow parts.

Sometimes reading Ed's novels without having english as a first language is a difficult thing
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 02 Aug 2007 : 01:53:52
Yeah, I liked the novel, but it's not one of my favorites. Like all Ed's novels it has plenty of memorable scenes in it though. The whole is greater than the often inconsistent and hard to follow parts.
scererar Posted - 02 Aug 2007 : 01:10:52
While I liked the novel, it was not my favorite. All of Ed's novels get a special place on bookshelves though.
Ergdusch Posted - 01 Aug 2007 : 10:11:58
I read the book some years back, so my memory is alittle wage. However, as I loved theseven sisters back at that time I enjoyed the book very much. I still remember some parts of it, like Dove'sdance with the swords or Storm's game with the poison.

I should read it again some time, I think. Comparing it with those other books I have read more recently, I believe Silverfall is indeed one of the better ones . At least under the top 5 in my book shelf, I'd say. And compared only to those of Ed himself - well, I was not too thrilled of the Elminster series, have avoided Shandril's Saga so far, have not gotten around reading the Knights of MD, so I have to say, from Ed's books it is up on top of that list (maybe challanged only be Making of the Mage).

Thanks for making me think of Ed's Silverfall!

Ergdusch
Jorkens Posted - 01 Aug 2007 : 09:03:04
Well, I must admit that Silverfall is not among my favorites, although its got its high points. That is, I remember thinking it was OK, but nothing more when I had read it. I seem to remember that it had a bit to much combat for my taste, much like the Shadow of the Avatar books.

Now, looking back, I only remember the good parts, so maybe I just read the book at the wrong time.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000