Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Started reading the Last Mythal series...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Walls Posted - 02 Jan 2007 : 08:24:45
Just finished the first book and I must say I was fairly impressed. Definitely a tad powerheavy but otherwise really fun and epic. I love the books with big ass battles and companies and battallions and all the fun different characters that go with it. It is a book you know that leads towards bigger things, a big change in the entire FR world. Still among my favorite FR books.

Now reading the first in the Erevis Cale trilogy. Obviously I missed a lot of his backstory. No spoilers on it please!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 31 Jan 2007 : 16:16:51
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

P.S. I feel so dirty.

*releases the dominatrix from her leash*
"Go clean yourself!"
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 31 Jan 2007 : 15:44:52
Oh, it's going to be shameless -- shameless!

Ahem. . .

Don't forget Realms of the Elves as well!

Cheers

P.S. I feel so dirty.
The Sage Posted - 30 Jan 2007 : 23:38:02
quote:
Originally posted by

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

You might want to take a look through the other scrolls dedicated to discussion of the "Last Mythal" books, Walls... though I'll warn you now that some will likely be filled with spoilers for both books II and III of the trilogy.

Sorry to lenghten this thread here. Might you be willing to point me to the threads mentioned above? I will gladly go there for discussion form now one.....

Thanks in advance.

Righto.

- Forsaken House (The Last Mythal Book I) Spoilers
- Last Mythal: Final Gate Spoiler Warning
- questions regarding the last mythal (spoilers)
- Farthest Reach (The Last Mythal Book II) Spoilers
- Predictions for the end of The Last Mythal trilogy
- The Last Mythal

Note that both the second to last and the final scroll are from '05 and '04 respectively.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 30 Jan 2007 : 22:46:36
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch
Now starting with the second I somehow had to 'munch' my way into it again, finding it more or less anoying that a lot of teh plot from trhe first book is reiterated again and again.

Just wait until you hit book 3. It's a real "blast from the past" (that is, the same basic "find the McGuffin/magic item" plot from book 1).

I did not care for this series. I do not find it worthy of much of the praise it seems to get. But I've explained why elsewhere, numerous times, so I'm not going to repeat the reasons here.
Ergdusch Posted - 30 Jan 2007 : 20:07:00
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

You might want to take a look through the other scrolls dedicated to discussion of the "Last Mythal" books, Walls... though I'll warn you now that some will likely be filled with spoilers for both books II and III of the trilogy.

Sorry to lenghten this thread here. Might you be willing to point me to the threads mentioned above? I will gladly go there for discussion form now one.....

Thanks in advance.
Ergdusch Posted - 30 Jan 2007 : 20:03:53
I just finished the first book a few days ago and aside from some minor things (see below) I have to say - it was a fairly enjoyable read all through.

Now starting with the second I somehow had to 'munch' my way into it again, finding it more or less anoying that a lot of teh plot from trhe first book is reiterated again and again. But now into champter 5 or so, the story begins to have its own momentum again and I am looking forward to go to bed tonight and read a chapter or two more........

So much for that.

As it may contain a minor possible spoiler (but not really) I will add my critics here:
Wasn't there something with elves and resurrection? I seem to remember, but only very vague, some rule from 1st or was it 2nd Ed. that elves couldn ot be resurrected at all or at least that is was not in their spiritual nature to try (for a cleric) or to answer such a calling (for the one being brought back from the dead). Any opinions?
Kiaransalyn Posted - 30 Jan 2007 : 16:28:43
I enjoyed The Last Mythal series. It had some good points, some points that caused discussion and entertained throughout.
eridanis Posted - 30 Jan 2007 : 15:59:56
I finally got started on this series, and I'm really blown away. The writing is enjoyable, the plot is interesting and the characters ACT INTELLIGENTLY - a high-level elf wizard is portrayed with some of the intelligence you'd expect of a high-level elf wizard! Can't wait to get to the end of the third book.
Aglaranna Posted - 02 Jan 2007 : 22:24:11
Heh, yeah, I just bought it. Got to finish every other book I'm reading at the moment first! (Once I was reading five books at once...Not recommended!)
Ergdusch Posted - 02 Jan 2007 : 13:37:41
quote:
Originally posted by Walls

Just finished the first book and I must say I was fairly impressed. Definitely a tad powerheavy but otherwise really fun and epic. I love the books with big ass battles and companies and battallions and all the fun different characters that go with it. It is a book you know that leads towards bigger things, a big change in the entire FR world. Still among my favorite FR books.

The entre series is waiting in my 'to-read-shelf'! Can't wait to get started.......
The Sage Posted - 02 Jan 2007 : 11:08:05

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000