Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 "Its Realms I Swear" -- Promise of the Witch King

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Genis Posted - 02 Jan 2007 : 06:02:26
First I would like to apologize to the scribes...haha...for getting two threads locked if not more that i just can't remember, i swear i dont try it and i just find this such a good place and you such opinion filled and knowledgable(sp?) people that i cant help but bring up completly non-relevent topics....so once again im sorry! lol for all the problems i cause....and my new years resolution is to stop getting off of FR and not get any threads closed...but to make this an FR topic and not just a fun little apology im reading Promise of a Witch King and i like where he's going with the whole Artemis starting to be a bit more compasionate...im sure a lot of you didnt like that but im a really wussy and i always like the nice guy in books and i like when bad guys become nice guys etc....i know thats crazy?....have any opinions on the book?

P.S. i swear i'll behave scribes
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Genis Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 04:58:12
haha.....that could be very true....but we all know Artemis enjoys his new friend more then he lets on too....hes just too damn badass to let anyone know that he has a friend lol
Charles Phipps Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 00:36:39
My best explanation is that even Artemis needs a drink after being with Jarlaxle for any length of time. :-)
Genis Posted - 04 Jan 2007 : 00:16:01
I too am behind on my FR reading...i am not only reletively new to this site im reletively new to FR....for the most part...and yes i would love to discuss the book with you guys when i finish....but i do think they are going a little overboard with Artemis's sudden feelings in some cases...but i suppose its just the flute...thing....and ive noticed him drinking several times this book and i swear in a previous book he mentioned not drinking ever or much because of it dulling his senses....so is this a subtle sign he is loosing some of his touch or whatever....or is it just that Salvatore forgot or didnt even notice that not drinking thing?....or maybe i just dreamed up him not drinking ever in the first place....eh....thoughts on my ramblings please! lol
Aglaranna Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 21:27:06
Yeah, well, everyone knows I'm way behind by now...*resigned sigh* Ah, well, I'll mourn Khelben's death after I mull through all this reading I've got to get done...*closet door cracks open and a mountain of books comes tumbling down* Eek!
Charles Phipps Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 21:14:15
Sorry, thought it was common knowledge by now.

I'll alter the post.
Aglaranna Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 21:04:39
THEY KILLED KHELBEN?! You mean he finally kicked the bucket? That's like...Like...When they killed off Macros the Black...WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING? *sigh* There goes life's constants...Well, anyway, to stay on topic(yes, I have suffered much chastisment and know not to anger the gods...Ey, 'moderators'), I nearly threw a party when Artemis befriended Dwahvel Tiggerwillies! It proves that he's not hopeless after all...But that was the last book...And I already mentioned I don't have PotWK...Yet...So you're fifteen chapters ahead of me, give or take...*shakes fist*
Dremvek Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 17:33:09
ONce again, Charles, mark your spoilers please!
Charles Phipps Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 08:20:05
Well I was pretty much off Forgotten Realms for awhile. The death of a certain character pretty much left me feeling a bit adrift and my friends had switched gameworlds. Then, I picked up the Sojourn comics and Road of the Patriarch. That lead me back Realmswise.
scererar Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 06:17:09
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps

I too would enjoy discussing this book.

Charles, you have been away for a while. welcome back to the keep
Charles Phipps Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 05:58:51
I too would enjoy discussing this book.
scererar Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 04:07:36
I just finished this Novel. very good IMO. I would be glad to discuss it more, once you get further along in your reading of this, to avoid possible spoilers
The Sage Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 01:31:43
Apologies aren't necessary, Genis.

You're still a relatively new scribe, so I can accept that you may sometimes not know exactly where to open a scroll.

'Tis not a big deal.
Genis Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 01:26:25
you just wont leave me alone with you! lol....once again sorry *dips into a low bow*
The Sage Posted - 02 Jan 2007 : 11:04:13
I'm shifting this to the FR Novels section. Sorry Genis...

Additionally, you might want to take a look through this particular shelf, as there are already scrolls dedicated to the discussion of PotWK.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000