Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 "Rivals" by Richard Lee Byers in Dragon 343

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KnightErrantJR Posted - 30 Apr 2006 : 06:01:08
I finally got a chance to read this (I've had the issue for a while now, but I hadn't had the chance to read it before now). I liked this story, and wanted to make sure that anyone that is a fan of the Year of Rogue Dragons books that hasn't picked up Dragon Magazine 343 does so.

Without giving too much away, its set before the books, and explains how Raryn and Dorn end up working together as Dragon Hunters in the Moonsea, and its a pretty good story. Good work Richard, and I'm glad you have written some of these side stories for the characters in the books.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Darth KTrava Posted - 11 May 2006 : 12:00:37
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

You know, I (seriously) was wondering what was going on with your paladin. I remembered your reference to that character a few months back. Not only would you have The Ruin for information, but the upcoming Dragons of Faerun. Sorry to hear that.

All except for the DM who says that it's not likely he'll finish that campaign. So, no telling if she'll (in her mind) ever regain her paladinhood after attacking a friend.

KnightErrantJR Posted - 11 May 2006 : 03:51:22
You know, I (seriously) was wondering what was going on with your paladin. I remembered your reference to that character a few months back. Not only would you have The Ruin for information, but the upcoming Dragons of Faerun. Sorry to hear that.
Darth KTrava Posted - 11 May 2006 : 03:45:21
I picked up my copy today. Now to finish the book I'm reading on.... The Binding Stone by Don Bassingwaithe. So far, a good read.

I'm just bummed one of my DMs isn't gonna finish the game with my half-dragon paladin going thru the Rage....
Alaundo Posted - 10 May 2006 : 20:21:41
quote:
Originally posted by Jhoebryn

I had this trilogy in my "to read" pile. After reading the short story, I have moved it to the top of the pile. Raryn sounds like a fun character. I am looking forward to it...

Well met

Great news, Jhoebryn. Thou art going to love it Remember to post thy comments in the Book Club whenever ye get around to the final book...whenever it may be
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 10 May 2006 : 18:57:35
Glad you enjoyed it, Jhoebryn. Hope you'll enjoy the trilogy as well.
Jhoebryn Posted - 10 May 2006 : 18:35:01
I had this trilogy in my "to read" pile. After reading the short story, I have moved it to the top of the pile. Raryn sounds like a fun character. I am looking forward to it...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 May 2006 : 03:07:44
quote:
Originally posted by Darth KTrava

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Glad you liked it, Darth. According to Amazon. com, they'll have Book 3 (The Ruin) available tomorrow. I hope you guys will all buy copies for yourselves, your relatives, your friends, your coworkers, and any household pets.

I think I'd freak if my cats could read....

Reality Check!

Man, I miss that comic...
Darth KTrava Posted - 10 May 2006 : 01:34:57
quote:

Glad you liked it, Darth. According to Amazon. com, they'll have Book 3 (The Ruin) available tomorrow. I hope you guys will all buy copies for yourselves, your relatives, your friends, your coworkers, and any household pets.

I think I'd freak if my cats could read....

Looking forward to it! Definitely will get as soon as Barnes and Nobles or Borders gets it!
Alaundo Posted - 09 May 2006 : 08:10:49
quote:

Well met

And my copy arrived yesterday! ::jumps up and down with glee::

Remember all, that The Ruin is the current feature of the Candlekeep Book Club, so hope to see some of ye there to discuss the novel with Richard
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 09 May 2006 : 03:34:06
Darth KTrava Posted - 09 May 2006 : 01:27:18
I also enjoyed the story. I'm awaiting the final book in the trilogy to come out sometime this month. Can't wait!
The Sage Posted - 08 May 2006 : 01:43:41
No problem.

I'd recommend nobleknight.com especially since I've had extensive business with them in the past and they're extraordinarily reliable. And also, since I don't want a DRAGON subscription... being able to pick up individual issues that I'm looking for at nobleknight.com is incredibly handy .
Braveheart Posted - 07 May 2006 : 18:19:20
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Have you tried online suppliers... like paizo.com or nobleknight.com for example?

No, I haven't, thanks for the tip
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 06 May 2006 : 14:22:49
Glad you liked it, Xysma.
The Sage Posted - 06 May 2006 : 01:26:22
Have you tried online suppliers... like paizo.com or nobleknight.com for example?
Braveheart Posted - 05 May 2006 : 22:12:58
Is it possible to read the article somewhere on the web (wizards.com for example)? A Dragon magazine is a rare sight in Austria / Central Europe
Xysma Posted - 05 May 2006 : 21:39:27
I was really surprised and excited to see this story. I can't put my finger on it, but Raryn has been just about my favorite character in this series from the beginning. I really like all the characters, but for some reason, Raryn stuck in my craw even though he didn't get as much "screen time" as the other characters. Thanks to Richard for letting us see more of this excellent character, and of course more of Dorn never hurts either.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 30 Apr 2006 : 22:30:00
Glad you liked it, Danny.
dannyfu Posted - 30 Apr 2006 : 19:20:18
i haven't read year of rogue dragons, but i did just read that story and it won me over. very interesting characters and i would like to see where their story takes them.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 30 Apr 2006 : 13:56:49
Glad you enjoyed it, Knight.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000