Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Bladesinger's Swords of Eveningstar's Sample Chap?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SirUrza Posted - 16 Apr 2006 : 07:01:32
Anyone know what Chapter the sample is? I hate reading the middle of the book?
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Faraer Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 13:58:33
Only lend books to (most) people if you're willing to lose them.

I think Wizards losing the Realms could be great: a largish company with high overheads, a subsidiary of a multinational toy giant, is not the best home for a literary property. It's TSR's heavy-handed overmanagement of the Realms 'brand' that made us wait 20 years for Swords of Eveningstar. But that's another issue.
Wandering_mage Posted - 25 Apr 2006 : 04:43:35
I always feel terrible when I don't loan my books to people. I'll be saying to my friends,"Dude, you have got to read War of the Spider Queen. It is out of this world intense." And they will be asking to borrow my books and I am not about that. I also hate the thought of the very talented writers of Forgotten Realms Literature not to be receiving the revenue that would boost sales and keep spreading the good word of the best game on earth. Dungeons and Dragons Forgotten Realms style. I am always worried about WotC falling apart and having to sell DnD to some one else. The days of TSR in the nineties in my opinion were to shakey for comfort. I have nightmares about this stuff. Then again I can be paranoid. It just seems like anytime you find something that you really enjoy something bad happens to the show, movie, or game. But thank the gods of DnD for Forgotten Realms.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 20 Apr 2006 : 16:33:26
So do I now...so do I...

I even managed to get Larry to draw me my elven mage character about 8 years ago... it's nicely framed next to Parkinson's (may the gods bless him) new rendering of Lord Soth (which he did for me at the same Spiel in Essen).

I haven't found the right place for it yet tho...
The Sage Posted - 20 Apr 2006 : 16:25:38
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Margeret and Tracy signed them anyway, and I prefer the Elmore covers so I never bothered to get them replaced...
As are mine... and my Elmore-cover TSR novels are among the most prized books in my library -- and that's not just because of the stories, but also thanks to Elmore's wonderful images that feature on the covers on the novels. I've tried to ensure each and every one is well maintained.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 20 Apr 2006 : 16:24:17
Maybe we should form the Book Fetishists Anonymous...
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 20 Apr 2006 : 16:16:03
I made the mistake twice... with the original DL Chronicles... I was too young and too flabbergastered to act on the rape of me books. Margeret and Tracy signed them anyway, and I prefer the Elmore covers so I never bothered to get them replaced...

That was a decade ago... If people mistreat my preciouses (?!) I follow my Germanic ancestors' traditions and go berserk.

Oh, remind me to clear out my basement in a few days, the neighbors are already complaining :-P
The Sage Posted - 20 Apr 2006 : 16:05:23
I get around this all very easily... I don't lend or allow any other person I know (besides the Lady K) to touch, handle or read my books (including sourcebooks).
Kuje Posted - 20 Apr 2006 : 15:43:04
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Mace's Rule No.1 (regarding books): Read them carefully, to keep them in pristine order and to enjoy it.
Mace's Rule No.2 (regarding books): Never read a sample chapter.
Mace's Rule No.3 (regarding books): Disown those members of your family who give you the middle part of a series as a present, when the entire damn thing is OOP.
Mace's Rule No.4 (regarding books): To avoid any damage to books (see rule No.1), do not lend books to anyone.

Yes, I have a book fetish :-D

Grin,

You sound like me. I cringe even when I hand them to people in my house, and my rule to them, is always, "DO NOT bend my bindings. You bend my binding, you own the book and you owe me for it." I did get my five bucks once from a friend who did that to one of my novels, she got my old one and I got a new one with her money.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 20 Apr 2006 : 13:12:36
Mace's Rule No.1 (regarding books): Read them carefully, to keep them in pristine order and to enjoy it.
Mace's Rule No.2 (regarding books): Never read a sample chapter.
Mace's Rule No.3 (regarding books): Disown those members of your family who give you the middle part of a series as a present, when the entire damn thing is OOP.
Mace's Rule No.4 (regarding books): To avoid any damage to books (see rule No.1), do not lend books to anyone.

Yes, I have a book fetish :-D
SirUrza Posted - 18 Apr 2006 : 05:26:51
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Which is reason enough for me to not read the sample chapter. I want to read something like this in the context of the entire novel, rather than the tidbit they've released here.

Hence why I asked!

Thanks THO. Saved use ALL from ruining the best part of the book.
Faraer Posted - 17 Apr 2006 : 19:20:38
Ooog.
Beezy Posted - 17 Apr 2006 : 15:38:49
I started to read it but I put it down after the first page because I also want to wait for the hardback
George Krashos Posted - 17 Apr 2006 : 14:06:32
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

A postscript: this is one of the fastest, most disjointed, most action-packed chapters in the book. It has humour, it has nice little cameos of supporting characters - - and it has some major character deaths (read: spoilers for the whole darn novel!).
WHY they felt the need to ruin the book for longtime fans, I know not. Warning to George Krashos: you wanted to see certain character deaths, and others foreshadowed: it's in this selected chapter, if they've put the whole thing in.
Sigh again.
THO

Thanks THO. Age has taught me some restraint. I'll wait for this glorious hardcover (already on order) to arrive before I delve into it. Are you going to get a signed copy? Was that part of your contractual "arrangement" with TSR/WotC? At the least, methinks that Ed will give all you Knights a big thanks. You deserve it.

-- George Krashos
The Sage Posted - 17 Apr 2006 : 02:11:30
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

A postscript: this is one of the fastest, most disjointed, most action-packed chapters in the book. It has humour, it has nice little cameos of supporting characters - - and it has some major character deaths (read: spoilers for the whole darn novel!).
WHY they felt the need to ruin the book for longtime fans, I know not. Warning to George Krashos: you wanted to see certain character deaths, and others foreshadowed: it's in this selected chapter, if they've put the whole thing in.
Sigh again.
THO

Which is reason enough for me to not read the sample chapter.

I want to read something like this in the context of the entire novel, rather than the tidbit they've released here.
The Hooded One Posted - 17 Apr 2006 : 01:58:22
Sigh again.
THO
Arivia Posted - 17 Apr 2006 : 01:56:28
Eeek. *runs far away until full copy is released* can'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twait
The Hooded One Posted - 17 Apr 2006 : 01:54:10
Ooog.
Chapter 23!
Out of 27 plus Prologue and Epilogue, unless it's been changed in editing. [rolls eyes, mutters obscenities, glares at ceiling]
Sigh.
sorry, SirUrza.
love,
THO
SirUrza Posted - 17 Apr 2006 : 01:44:41

How about 2 sentences? :)

quote:
Horaundoon scowled into his scrying orb. A tightlipped crestfallen Florin strode through the streets with the two loudest Sword wenches at his shoulders, heading back to the Lion.
The Hooded One Posted - 17 Apr 2006 : 01:40:03
I haven't seen a copy yet, Sir Urza, but if you can force yourself to read JUST the first sentence and post it here, I can find out for you (from Ed). I'm guessing it will be the Prologue.
love,
THO

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000