Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Ryld Argith and Pharaun Mizzrym (SPOILERS)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord Rad Posted - 18 Feb 2003 : 17:10:32
Please dont read any further if you havent read Dissolution and Insurrection novels.

SPOILERS

What a partnership! I loved both these characters and really took to them. Richard Lee Byers (author of Dissolution) and Thomas M Reid (author of Insurrection) kept the characteristics and personalilities perfect between the two novels.

The two characters perfectly complement each other and contained such a variety that kept me wanting more and more! Pharaun was wity and humorous which often raised a smile whilst reading. I cant wait to read more about them!

I was shocked at the actions taken near the end of Dissolution when Pharaun and Ryld when Pharaun abandoned a wounded Ryld and left him trapped to battle enemy drow alone! Allthough throughout Insurrection they seem to rapidly forget the incident I couldn't help but feel a bit of an edge to their friendship, a lack of trust from Ryld (understandably).

Stand aside Drizzt
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mythander Posted - 11 Jul 2003 : 15:47:34
I fully agree, Pharaun is a truly enjoyable Character. He is the true Anti-hero. Even if the Third book focuses less on his relationship with Ryld, you can defiantly see a separation in the ranks of the party. I think it is great that they are not overlooking the intrigue of a Drow party.
Bellua Aeneus Lacerta Posted - 14 Mar 2003 : 00:14:13
These guy's are great!
Drizzt is a great fighter/thinker,
but Pharaun has a certain "flair".

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000