Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Ryld Argith and Pharaun Mizzrym (SPOILERS)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  17:10:32  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Please dont read any further if you havent read Dissolution and Insurrection novels.

SPOILERS

What a partnership! I loved both these characters and really took to them. Richard Lee Byers (author of Dissolution) and Thomas M Reid (author of Insurrection) kept the characteristics and personalilities perfect between the two novels.

The two characters perfectly complement each other and contained such a variety that kept me wanting more and more! Pharaun was wity and humorous which often raised a smile whilst reading. I cant wait to read more about them!

I was shocked at the actions taken near the end of Dissolution when Pharaun and Ryld when Pharaun abandoned a wounded Ryld and left him trapped to battle enemy drow alone! Allthough throughout Insurrection they seem to rapidly forget the incident I couldn't help but feel a bit of an edge to their friendship, a lack of trust from Ryld (understandably).

Stand aside Drizzt

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 18 Feb 2003 17:10:50

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2003 :  00:14:13  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These guy's are great!
Drizzt is a great fighter/thinker,
but Pharaun has a certain "flair".
Go to Top of Page

Mythander
Learned Scribe

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2003 :  15:47:34  Show Profile  Visit Mythander's Homepage Send Mythander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I fully agree, Pharaun is a truly enjoyable Character. He is the true Anti-hero. Even if the Third book focuses less on his relationship with Ryld, you can defiantly see a separation in the ranks of the party. I think it is great that they are not overlooking the intrigue of a Drow party.

Wow! That has no saving throw written all over it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000