Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Your favorite book

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lost Elph Posted - 22 Jan 2003 : 04:08:30
Here`s something I`ve been woundering what book/s are your favorite?
I have two the first one I read Curse of the shadowmage and Masquerades Kinda weird that both are in The Harpers Trilogy.
Well just wounder.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kitira Gildragon Posted - 27 Jan 2003 : 13:03:13
Hmmm.. I'd have to ditto the Elfsong, but that's only because I haven't read many others yet and it was my first. Jewel of Turmish is my second fav.
jason12345 Posted - 26 Jan 2003 : 21:23:34
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, what is my favorite book? That is a hard question considering I only read for school. I would have to say the best book I ever read was the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire book. That was a great book and I cant wait for the 5th one in the series.
Bellua Aeneus Lacerta Posted - 26 Jan 2003 : 19:02:32
I really, really, really liked "Elminster; Making of a Mage". There, I said it. I don't care what some of you will say.

(sticking fingers in ears)
LA LA LA LA LA LALALALALALALALALA
Lost Elph Posted - 26 Jan 2003 : 04:59:19
So true its hard to pick just one...Curse of the Shadowmage was the very first FR book I read so that one is my fav...hehehe I wont let anyone touch it. (kinda bad huh?)
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 24 Jan 2003 : 11:58:23
Products: Lands of Intrigue, Empires of the Shining Sea, FRCS. A wealth of detail and excellent sources for DMs

Novels: hmmm I'd say currently the Sembia series (excl. Heirs of Prophecy) Though I like Salvatore's books, I don't rate him that much more special then some of the other FR authors.
Lord Rad Posted - 24 Jan 2003 : 11:09:42
This really is a tough question...

For FR products, id definately say the FRCS!
For novels, its a VERY hard choice and I dont think I can really say I have a favorite. I guess its between Shadows Witness, Shattered Mask, Veiled Dragon, Dissolution..... well, you see what i mean!
Phineas of Oghma Posted - 23 Jan 2003 : 21:56:42
Elaine Cunningham's Elfsong is my favorite. I've yet to find a pairing of protagonists in the Realms collection better than Arilyn Moonblade and Danilo Thann.
Drummer Boy Posted - 22 Jan 2003 : 16:10:42
Well, I have liked all of the Drizzt books, but if I had to pick one book, I think I'd pick Starless Night by R.A. Salvatore.
Bookwyrm Posted - 22 Jan 2003 : 05:08:12
NOBODY likes Thornhold. I think what happened is that Cunningham submitted a draft to the editors, and they said, "Hey, good job. But we want you to end the Harpers series for us." Of course, you can't "end" a loose series like the Harpers that easily. But they were the editors, and so she had to rewrite, and this was the result. It started out alright, but then it went bad. A bit like the life story of that tuna casserole in my fridge . . . .
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 22 Jan 2003 : 04:39:47
aha! I've found you!!!

anywho, my favorites would have to be just about all of the ones I've read. I love the Song and Swords series (except thornhold. I didn't care for that one much), all of the Drizzt books I've read, and some of the books like Realms of Valor and what not.

i think there's too many to pick just one fav.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000