Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Faces of Deception

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alisttair Posted - 06 Jun 2005 : 17:29:39
Ok I just finished reading Faces of Deception.
The ending leaves too many questions hanging in the air.
SPOILER
Ok, so Atreus didn't get to wave goodbye to Seema and also what's gonna happen between him and Rishi now??? Do these characters appear in another novel or are mentioned elsewhere? Give me your thoughts/opinions as well, and if they appear elsewhere, the source.
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beezy Posted - 27 Sep 2005 : 05:33:43
I thought the book was a decent book, I just didn't like the ending either.
quajack Posted - 17 Sep 2005 : 02:30:26
This book was only one of two (out of 79) FR novels that I actually HATED. The other was Council of the Blades, (although the 2nd half wasn't bad...). The ending sucked and actually made me angry that I wasted 3 days worth of reading to finish this book. I'm a Troy Denning fan, but I could not have been anymore disappointed. This is one of those books that I can't imagine an editor for WotC saying, "Sure. Let's publish this."
Ty Posted - 30 Jun 2005 : 15:23:26
I'd love to take credit for the horrible land of the cowgod known as the Udder East, but someone else came up with that name and I don't remember who. So, whoever did, the credit merely belongs to them.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Jun 2005 : 23:11:08
quote:
Originally posted by Ty

You can find the map here on Candlekeep's website in the Map Room. It's called the Utter East, not to be confused with the Udder East, which we all know is filled with Bovine. Woolpert can fill you in more on that area.

That is horrible! I salute you!
Ty Posted - 29 Jun 2005 : 20:08:09
You can find the map here on Candlekeep's website in the Map Room. It's called the Utter East, not to be confused with the Udder East, which we all know is filled with Bovine. Woolpert can fill you in more on that area.

As for other sources, maps (albeit with nothing more than country names) can be found in the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas and Ulgarth, technically part of the Utter East, has a page blurb in the Shining South 3.5 Edition sourcebook. Other than that, not a whole lot, unless you want to consider the non-canon Double Diamond sagas, which I haven't heard much good about.
Kajehase Posted - 29 Jun 2005 : 17:47:56
It's in the Utter East. Just off the map to the east (well, duh) of Var the Golden. I believe the only sourcebook that contain more than a paragraph about the area is the old Shining South.
Alisttair Posted - 29 Jun 2005 : 15:46:33
Yeah! Where the hell is all of it taking place in the east? Where is this place (other than Duhlnarim and Erlkazar, which I have dedicated a NWN server to) :P
Ty Posted - 26 Jun 2005 : 21:49:45
I hate knocking on a writer's books but Faces of Deception left me feeling... icky inside. The ending obviously left me thinking that this was an incomplete book but overall, I didn't like the fact that we were introduced to a whole new region of the Realms, (the Utter East), but 95% of the book takes place on a glacier that could be anywhere. Ah well, bad books happen.
Shadovar Posted - 23 Jun 2005 : 11:32:46
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

quote:
Originally posted by Lameth

I want a sequel, too.

I'd be happy with just five more pages telling us what happened. Even if they all die horrible deaths, it would be better than the ending as it is.

Aye, same here, I wonder when will the sequel be coming.
Xysma Posted - 22 Jun 2005 : 18:50:34
quote:
Originally posted by Lameth

I want a sequel, too.

I'd be happy with just five more pages telling us what happened. Even if they all die horrible deaths, it would be better than the ending as it is.
Lameth Posted - 11 Jun 2005 : 12:13:18
I want a sequel, too.
Xysma Posted - 11 Jun 2005 : 07:41:41
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Atreus (NG hm ftr10), Yago (LN ogre m 8 HD), Rishi (CE hm rog8, Seema (LG hf clr9 of Serene Abhirati -- who I might make an alias of Eldath), Tarch (LE m barbasu), and Sannyasi (LG m movanic deva)were given full 2E stats by the author, Troy Denning, in the 1998 Dragon Annual (so not on the Dragon CD-ROM).

Thanks!
TomCosta Posted - 08 Jun 2005 : 00:09:18
Atreus (NG hm ftr10), Yago (LN ogre m 8 HD), Rishi (CE hm rog8, Seema (LG hf clr9 of Serene Abhirati -- who I might make an alias of Eldath), Tarch (LE m barbasu), and Sannyasi (LG m movanic deva)were given full 2E stats by the author, Troy Denning, in the 1998 Dragon Annual (so not on the Dragon CD-ROM).
Alisttair Posted - 07 Jun 2005 : 05:21:33
Yeah it was a great book up until that end.
Brian R. James Posted - 07 Jun 2005 : 00:53:40
It was a great cliffhanger. Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever see a sequel.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Jun 2005 : 22:42:15
That was another book I didn't like... The ending made it feel like the entire thing had been a waste of time.
Xysma Posted - 06 Jun 2005 : 18:55:54
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

To the bes to my knowledge, the only other place they appeared was in a 2E Dragon article that statted them up....

I would love to take a look at that, would you happen to know what issue?
Xysma Posted - 06 Jun 2005 : 18:42:45
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Ok I just finished reading Faces of Deception.
The ending leaves too many questions hanging in the air.
SPOILER
Ok, so Atreus didn't get to wave goodbye to Seema and also what's gonna happen between him and Rishi now??? Do these characters appear in another novel or are mentioned elsewhere? Give me your thoughts/opinions as well, and if they appear elsewhere, the source.

I feel your pain, I loved that book right up until it ended. What a disappointment! It's almost as if it was the first part of a series that got cancelled. There is no continuation of the story as far as I know.
TomCosta Posted - 06 Jun 2005 : 18:41:51
To the bes to my knowledge, the only other place they appeared was in a 2E Dragon article that statted them up....

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000