Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Elminster Series

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alexis Merlin Posted - 14 Jan 2003 : 22:00:50
Hi all,

I was rooting through my local library a few weeks back and found 'The Temptation of Elminster'...although I hate reading trilogies back to front I read it anyway and recently managed to find a copy of 'Elminster in Myth Drannor'.

A few questions...

1) What happens between the two books?Elminster just seems to 'wake up' in the 3rd one and Myth Drannor is up the creek without a paddle!!

2)Have there been anymore additions to this series or was 'TToE' the last?

3)What other books would you recommend I read to find out more about the realms(bearing in mind I've only read these two and played the BG series)?Are the Baldurs Gate ones worth trying to obtain?

Thanks!

Alex
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zacas Posted - 23 Jan 2003 : 21:40:35
I thought it mentioned somewhere that he got caught in the tomb or whatever while spreading scrolls and other magic things across the realms as Mystra's bidding to spread magic for all to use... or some such, might be wrong, but i thought i read that somewhere in the novel or something..
AraznBlair Posted - 22 Jan 2003 : 20:55:00
No the last book dealing with just Elminster is "Elminster in Hell". A very good book IMO. As for what happened between "Elminster in Myth Drannor" and "The Temptation of Elminster" to me is a mystery. I mean what made him go to that cave? Though I think it was in search of magical items and scrolls or to even leave a few behind for novice to find.

As for other books to read try the Avatar Trilogy and the Cormyr books. I think there is only three in that series but I could be wronge.
Ranaghar Tsaran Posted - 22 Jan 2003 : 15:48:04
BG books are OK, but if you played BG, they might be not very interesting...
zemd Posted - 14 Jan 2003 : 22:04:07
you're topic is a little bit like
http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=441
we are recommending books

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000