Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Elminster Series
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2003 :  22:00:50  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

I was rooting through my local library a few weeks back and found 'The Temptation of Elminster'...although I hate reading trilogies back to front I read it anyway and recently managed to find a copy of 'Elminster in Myth Drannor'.

A few questions...

1) What happens between the two books?Elminster just seems to 'wake up' in the 3rd one and Myth Drannor is up the creek without a paddle!!

2)Have there been anymore additions to this series or was 'TToE' the last?

3)What other books would you recommend I read to find out more about the realms(bearing in mind I've only read these two and played the BG series)?Are the Baldurs Gate ones worth trying to obtain?

Thanks!

Alex

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)

Edited by - Alaundo on 14 Jan 2003 23:10:19

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2003 :  22:04:07  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you're topic is a little bit like
http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=441
we are recommending books
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  15:48:04  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BG books are OK, but if you played BG, they might be not very interesting...

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."
Go to Top of Page

AraznBlair
Learned Scribe

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  20:55:00  Show Profile  Visit AraznBlair's Homepage Send AraznBlair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No the last book dealing with just Elminster is "Elminster in Hell". A very good book IMO. As for what happened between "Elminster in Myth Drannor" and "The Temptation of Elminster" to me is a mystery. I mean what made him go to that cave? Though I think it was in search of magical items and scrolls or to even leave a few behind for novice to find.

As for other books to read try the Avatar Trilogy and the Cormyr books. I think there is only three in that series but I could be wronge.

Arazn Blair
Fightermage Extrodinare
Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2003 :  21:40:35  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought it mentioned somewhere that he got caught in the tomb or whatever while spreading scrolls and other magic things across the realms as Mystra's bidding to spread magic for all to use... or some such, might be wrong, but i thought i read that somewhere in the novel or something..

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000