Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Promise of the Witch-King?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Decomp Posted - 28 Feb 2005 : 02:12:46
Does anyone have any information on this new novel by the greatest author of all time???
Anything would be appreciated highly!
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Decomp Posted - 02 Mar 2005 : 19:42:16
Well, first off, the fact that everything that is said about something which is not out yet is complete heresay! What I have heard is that the story will be about two of his best characters, including my favorite, Jarlaxle! Aside from that, I am truly ready for some other characters to take some lime light!
All in all, I guess I am jsut really excited about the book! If I have made it seem like I know everything about the novel I do apologize too all! (
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Decomp
What I have read on this site as well as through the RAS page.

Which is what? What details that you have read have you "convinced that it will be one of the best, if not THE best, of RAS works to date?"

SiriusBlack Posted - 02 Mar 2005 : 16:12:11
quote:

Which is what? What details that you have read have you "convinced that it will be one of the best, if not THE best, of RAS works to date?"
VEDSICA Posted - 02 Mar 2005 : 15:44:13
I agree Xysma.I have always said that the dwarves should be featured as well.Not necessarily the ones that you have mentioned.
Decomp Posted - 02 Mar 2005 : 14:43:23
quote:

quote:

I have been reading alot about this new novel, and am still convinced that it will be one of the best, if not THE best, of RAS works to date!

What that you have read leads you to believe this?

Xysma Posted - 02 Mar 2005 : 14:19:53
Frankly, I'm disappointed to see him rehashing any of his characters. I was hoping for something completely new. I like Jarlaxle and Artemis as much as the next guy, but if he's gotta use old characters, why not Thibbledorf Pwent or the Bouldershoulder boys? Now that's a book I could get excited about.
SirUrza Posted - 02 Mar 2005 : 04:03:32
quote:

SirUrza, What do you think the premise will be of the new novel? Do you think it will stand up to a "Dark elf trilogy" or even the "Ice wind dale trilogy"?

I actually can't comment without being bias. I'm actually annoyed to find out that he did a Artemis and Jarlaxle novel. Artemis and Jarlaxle coulda been handle in short stories while he got the Heroes of the Hall up to 1372 ATLEAST.
SiriusBlack Posted - 02 Mar 2005 : 03:30:13
quote:

I have been reading alot about this new novel, and am still convinced that it will be one of the best, if not THE best, of RAS works to date!

What that you have read leads you to believe this?
Decomp Posted - 02 Mar 2005 : 02:49:14
Being a foil for Drizzt, Well put Rinonalyrna! I have been reading alot about this new novel, and am still convinced that it will be one of the best, if not THE best, of RAS works to date! I am a fan of the Drizzt stories but not so much the character (If that makes any sense at all). I just feel that Jarlaxle will be RAS saving grace in the very near future!
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 01 Mar 2005 : 23:44:15
I will definitely check this new novel out--I really like Jarlaxle, and I feel Entreri has been developed well beyond his original, thankless role of being a foil for Drizzt.
SiriusBlack Posted - 01 Mar 2005 : 23:20:49
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
I am looking forward to this one.

The short story featuring them in Realms of the Dragon was entertaining. So, I too might check out this novel. Might.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Mar 2005 : 23:18:13
quote:
Originally posted by Winterfox

quote:

You're just jealous that I made that comment first.

Waaah, you stole my snarky comment.

Sorry about that, my snarky friend!

Though I'm not an RAS fan, and I've not even read the most recent Drizzt books, I am looking forward to this one. Why? I like Jarlaxle a lot more than Drizzt (because Jarlaxle has style! ), and I like the interplay between Artemis and Jarlaxle. Further, I'm looking forward to seeing the continued development of these two -- I got tired of Artemis Entreri being the anti-Drizzt.
Decomp Posted - 01 Mar 2005 : 19:00:20
SirUrza, What do you think the premise will be of the new novel? Do you think it will stand up to a "Dark elf trilogy" or even the "Ice wind dale trilogy"?
SirUrza Posted - 01 Mar 2005 : 18:18:33
quote:

In all fareness, "The hunters blade trilogy" was fantastic, but did leave me a little wanting in the end?!

You and everyone else. I think it has a lot to do with Silver Marches cutting the feet out of him.
Decomp Posted - 01 Mar 2005 : 15:20:44
In all fareness, "The hunters blade trilogy" was fantastic, but did leave me a little wanting in the end?! I am and always will be a much bigger fan of "The dark elf trilogy"
Winterfox Posted - 01 Mar 2005 : 11:56:53
quote:

Waaah, you stole my snarky comment.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Mar 2005 : 11:23:11
quote:
Originally posted by Realmslore

Wooly, if you have not yet done so, read Salvator's DemonWars series. It's leagues above and beyond his Drizzt novels in plot, character development, and political intrigue.

I dunno... Like I said, I've read two of his non-Realms books, and I don't want to read either of them again. After a track record like that, I'm not exactly eager to give him another shot.
SiriusBlack Posted - 01 Mar 2005 : 06:17:04
quote:

Me, jealous? Never.
Brian R. James Posted - 01 Mar 2005 : 05:26:33
Wooly, if you have not yet done so, read Salvator's DemonWars series. It's leagues above and beyond his Drizzt novels in plot, character development, and political intrigue.

quote:
Actually, I've nothing against RAS, so long as we're discussing his Realms books (I read two of his non-Realms books, and didn't care for them).

Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Mar 2005 : 05:22:16
quote:

quote:
I thought it was written by RAS...

Damn, tough crowd here.

SiriusBlack Posted - 01 Mar 2005 : 03:58:42
quote:

Damn, tough crowd here.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Feb 2005 : 05:52:38
quote:

Ouch Wooly that hurts! You dont like R.A?

Actually, I've nothing against RAS, so long as we're discussing his Realms books (I read two of his non-Realms books, and didn't care for them).

However, I am tired of Drizzt Do'Urden, and RAS is not on my list of favorite Realms authors.

To each his own, and all that.
Decomp Posted - 28 Feb 2005 : 02:42:18
Ouch Wooly that hurts! You dont like R.A?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Feb 2005 : 02:34:53
quote:

Does anyone have any information on this new novel by the greatest author of all time???

Dargoth Posted - 28 Feb 2005 : 02:24:31
Its Comes out in October

It doesnt feature Drizzt or the Companions of the Hall

Its set in Damara and Vaasa (And will feature Armitis and Jaxalle)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000