Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Help me find a book if it indeed exists

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dice Ravenhelm Posted - 16 Jan 2005 : 18:32:25
Ive read through the Songs & Swords trilogy and one of the characters mentioned is Khelben "blackstaff" Arunson
just wanted to know if there is a book or trilogy devoted to him.

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Jan 2005 : 03:41:57
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Um, thanks for all the kind people mentioning my name in relation to a Khelben novel. Your lips to Tymora's ears...

Heck, even as a fan, I'd love to read a good Khelben novel as well. I'd just much rather get a shot to write a novel, that's all.

As for "the first serious challenge" for the Tel'Teukiira, that's happened a few years ago, Wooly me lad. After all, don't you consider blowing up Hellgate Keep a decent challenge?

No, it wasn't noted as such in The North, but then again, wouldn't it just be like Khelben to have a few plots in hand before actually cluing anyone else into the existence of his personal band of ex-Harper agents?

The only surviving member of the trio behind the destruction at the Keep is the Mistmaster. Didn't anyone think it odd that, him not being a joiner and all, he's in the Moonstars?

Thought that was a dead give-away that the Hellgate Keep maneuver was the first unofficial/plausibly deniable action by the Tel'Teukiira?

Steven
Who revels in hiding things in plain sight....and others (like Khelben and Laeral's matching tattoos) a little more subtly...

Well, my friend, you've proven to me quite adept at "channeling" the Blackstaff. He may have been created by Ed, but you've done a lot to flesh him out.

As for my bit about the first serious challenge, that was my bad. Hellgate Keep had slipped my mind... But still, having them handle a serious challenge in a novel would be quite nice. We need to see more of them!
Steven Schend Posted - 30 Jan 2005 : 01:58:56
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Here is, for me, the ideal Khelben book:

It would focus partially on Khelben, and partially on the Tel'Teukiira, as they dealt with their first serious challenge. We'd see more of Khelben, his personality and history, and we'd see the Moonstars in action -- preferably manipulating the Harpers in the process.

And of course, this tome would either be penned by Steven Schend by himself, or Elaine would team up with the esteemed Sage Schend to write it.

That would be the ultimate Khelben tome.

Too bad Wizards won't take suggestions.

Um, thanks for all the kind people mentioning my name in relation to a Khelben novel. Your lips to Tymora's ears...

Heck, even as a fan, I'd love to read a good Khelben novel as well. I'd just much rather get a shot to write a novel, that's all.

As for "the first serious challenge" for the Tel'Teukiira, that's happened a few years ago, Wooly me lad. After all, don't you consider blowing up Hellgate Keep a decent challenge?

No, it wasn't noted as such in The North, but then again, wouldn't it just be like Khelben to have a few plots in hand before actually cluing anyone else into the existence of his personal band of ex-Harper agents?

The only surviving member of the trio behind the destruction at the Keep is the Mistmaster. Didn't anyone think it odd that, him not being a joiner and all, he's in the Moonstars?

Thought that was a dead give-away that the Hellgate Keep maneuver was the first unofficial/plausibly deniable action by the Tel'Teukiira?

Steven
Who revels in hiding things in plain sight....and others (like Khelben and Laeral's matching tattoos) a little more subtly...
Kentinal Posted - 29 Jan 2005 : 22:03:19
quote:

If enough ask, perhaps Wizards will listen, sometimes the webpage appears to get fixed based on compaints.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Jan 2005 : 21:59:08
Here is, for me, the ideal Khelben book:

It would focus partially on Khelben, and partially on the Tel'Teukiira, as they dealt with their first serious challenge. We'd see more of Khelben, his personality and history, and we'd see the Moonstars in action -- preferably manipulating the Harpers in the process.

And of course, this tome would either be penned by Steven Schend by himself, or Elaine would team up with the esteemed Sage Schend to write it.

That would be the ultimate Khelben tome.

LaughingWizard Posted - 29 Jan 2005 : 12:39:12
That might be an interesting read indeed! Khelben came out fairly detailed in "Songs and Swords", but somehow still needing a more complex inspection, I felt. There is definitely room here for exploration! Notice to WotC: BRING IT ON, and I'll buy it!
Gale604 Posted - 18 Jan 2005 : 05:55:18
Hopefully, Elaine Cunningham and Ed Greenwood's "City of Splendors" will give us plenty on Blackstaff.

Man, I can't wait for August!
George Krashos Posted - 18 Jan 2005 : 00:34:12
I agree. Steven would be the perfect person to write a novel on the Blackstaff. Think of the intricate plot weavings, the copious realmslore, the revealed secrets! Geez, I'm drooling ...

-- George Krashos
SiriusBlack Posted - 17 Jan 2005 : 23:39:30
quote:

I hope it's Steven Schend... That man does an awesome job of "channeling" Khelben, and has been doing so for several years now...

That's who I was thinking of, but I don't want to get hopes up with things being so tentative.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Jan 2005 : 23:27:11
I hope it's Steven Schend... That man does an awesome job of "channeling" Khelben, and has been doing so for several years now...
VEDSICA Posted - 17 Jan 2005 : 19:45:44
Thanks THO!!!!!Whet the appetite for something that may or may not happen way to go!!!I would really enjoy a trilogy about Khelben.Something in the way of how Elminster:Making of a Mage was.
The Hooded One Posted - 17 Jan 2005 : 02:32:45
A little bird tells me that this just *might* happen. Not soon, by the way impatient scribes measure time, but "soon" as publishers do. I suspect Mr. Krashos knows about this too, and is being far more diplomatic than I.
Not that such a stance is difficult to achieve.
THO
George Krashos Posted - 16 Jan 2005 : 22:51:09
Well, not yet at least. I find it amazing actually that the Blackstaff hasn't had a novel devoted to him so far. Given the complexities of his character and personal history however, it would be a big undertaking. Let's hope it happens soon and by someone who really gets to "know" him.

-- George Krashos
SiriusBlack Posted - 16 Jan 2005 : 19:43:49
quote:
Originally posted by Dice Ravenhelm

Ive read through the Songs & Swords trilogy and one of the characters mentioned is Khelben "blackstaff" Arunson

No, while he's appeared in many works, a novel has yet to focus on this character.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Jan 2005 : 18:47:22
quote:
Originally posted by Dice Ravenhelm

Sadly, there is not.

And welcome to Candlekeep!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000