Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Shadow's Witness

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Valondil the Ranger Posted - 31 Oct 2004 : 18:22:00
Well, I finished this book last night. Wow. I mean, gods! That was one quick read! I just couldn't stop. The battles between Jak, Cale, and the ghouls actually scared me! I truly felt sorry for Cale when he had to leave Stormweather. Geez, man. This was one Hells of a book!

I've already started Twilight Falling and I just can't get enough of Cale. This is awesome!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Valondil the Ranger Posted - 08 Nov 2004 : 04:41:13
Reading Twilight Falling. Almost finished. Geez, this book just won't let up. It's got to be at least ten times better than Shadow's Witness, and that's definately saying something!

Yesterday I got a copy of Dawn of Night so it's ready for reading once I'm finished with this one.
Alaundo Posted - 06 Nov 2004 : 10:38:29
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Lina

Well it seems to me know I've got to know what this book is about since you've piqued my interest.

I saw it on the shelves and it was a toss up between Halls of Stormweather, Shadow's Witness and Heirs of the Prophecy... since I was running low on $$$ and I had been searching everywhere for Halls of Stromweather (now out of print) I got that instead.

You're still in for some "Cale-goodness" though. Mr Kemp's prequel (of a sort) to Shadow's Witness, graces the pages of Halls of Stormweather, through the short story, "Resurrection".

Enjoy .

Well met

Thanks right, Sage. In fact, I always insist to fellow readers to full appreciate Cale, Halls of Stormweather must be read prior to Shadows Witness. The Sembia series sticks in my mind as one of the most amazing FR series I have read, I have read Shadows Witness twice now and it was just as wonderful the second time
The Sage Posted - 06 Nov 2004 : 10:07:00
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

Well it seems to me know I've got to know what this book is about since you've piqued my interest.

I saw it on the shelves and it was a toss up between Halls of Stormweather, Shadow's Witness and Heirs of the Prophecy... since I was running low on $$$ and I had been searching everywhere for Halls of Stromweather (now out of print) I got that instead.

You're still in for some "Cale-goodness" though. Mr Kemp's prequel (of a sort) to Shadow's Witness, graces the pages of Halls of Stormweather, through the short story, "Resurrection".

Enjoy .
Lina Posted - 06 Nov 2004 : 09:58:50

Valdar Oakensong Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 08:15:42
An excellent book in what is probably the best series of FR novels yet.
Nysgath Posted - 02 Nov 2004 : 05:13:02
I agree. I absolutely loved this book. Can't wait to start Twilight Falling ...
PaulSKemp Posted - 31 Oct 2004 : 20:08:11
quote:
Originally posted by Valondil the Ranger

Well, I finished this book last night. Wow. I mean, gods! That was one quick read! I just couldn't stop. The battles between Jak, Cale, and the ghouls actually scared me! I truly felt sorry for Cale when he had to leave Stormweather. Geez, man. This was one Hells of a book!

I've already started Twilight Falling and I just can't get enough of Cale. This is awesome!

Valondil,

It pleases me to no end that folks are still just discovering the Cale books. It also pleases me that you enjoyed the novel.

Incidentally, Dragon #297 contains a Cale-Riven short story entitled, "All the Sinners Saints," and the events in that story occur between Shadow's Witness and Twilight Falling. It's not necessary reading before starting TF, though, just a little bit of an extra.

Paul
Alaundo Posted - 31 Oct 2004 : 19:18:59
Well met

Aye, 'tis indeed a splendid Realms novel, one of my favorites in fact

Please use the scrying room to locate other such scrolls on the topic of Shadows Witness, Twilight Falling and other Cale related discussions. Thank ye.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000