Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Question about publishing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rananteriel Posted - 18 Aug 2004 : 18:08:39
I've heard a rumour that the people who publish and write the 'forgotton realms' are not going to write any new novels ... is this true at all???? is the Forgotton Realms really doomed to die the same horrible death as 'dragonlance' and 'dungeons and dragons'? I hope not as this is the best series of books I have ever read
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Valdar Oakensong Posted - 23 Aug 2004 : 10:51:49
If you are struggling to find the books in shops, Amazon has most of the realms books in stock and you can find the rest on ebay. Most of my collection is from one or the other.

quote:
Originally posted by Rananteriel

thanks for clearing things up for me guys, though i still wish britain and norwich in general had a place that sell a more compleate collection of the forgotton realms

MuadDib Posted - 23 Aug 2004 : 07:36:45
quote:
(A shame, really. If a bunch of them bailed, maybe I'd get more assignments...)

We could always have one or two of the offed for...oh I don't know, a cameo appearance in a novel let's say?

South African hitmen are top notch, recommended by nine out of ten doctors
Rananteriel Posted - 23 Aug 2004 : 07:21:58
thanks for clearing things up for me guys, though i still wish britain and norwich in general had a place that sell a more compleate collection of the forgotton realms
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 23 Aug 2004 : 07:13:01
A trilogy or series that exists in the context of the Forgotten Realms can tell its tale and wrap up. That happens all the time. But I know of no plans to stop publishing new FR books (I'd be very upset if I did!)
By the same token, I don't know of any novelist currently writing FR fiction who has decided to quit doing it. Now, mind you, I'm not tight or even acquainted with everybody. But the writers I do communicate with are all interested in continuing their involvement with the Realms. (A shame, really. If a bunch of them bailed, maybe I'd get more assignments...)
SiriusBlack Posted - 22 Aug 2004 : 16:35:33
quote:

I'm happy it's still going to be published ... I read it on a Forgotton Realms information site so maybe there wrong.

Do you recall which site?
Rananteriel Posted - 22 Aug 2004 : 08:23:26
I'm happy it's still going to be published ... I read it on a Forgotton Realms information site so maybe there wrong.

It may be in referance to that new drow series they have at the mo ... I can't remember the name thou
Kameron M. Franklin Posted - 18 Aug 2004 : 20:49:37
Heh, very true. Reminds me of that old game Telephone.
Faraer Posted - 18 Aug 2004 : 19:58:20
A note on D&D-related rumours: wizards keeps a tight ship, and genuine leaks of information are rare. Most often such rumours are either pure hearsay or legitimate information that's appeared on a message board you happen not to frequent. For instance, Bob Salvatore has said on his boards that he'll take a break from Drizzt to write a few novels about Artemis Entreri. Could this have Chinese-whispered into 'there'll be no more Realms novels'? Stranger things have happened.
Kameron M. Franklin Posted - 18 Aug 2004 : 19:36:41
quote:

Thank Vala for that ... I'm glad it's not stopping as i've been following the Drizzt story line for some time and would love to see what happens with him.

While I haven't heard any rumors (not that I'm particularly in the know), it's always possible that WotC will at some point end the Drizzt saga. Perhaps what you heard was in reference to stories about that specific character, as opposed to the whole FR line. Even so, as long as Mr. Salvatore is willing to write them, and they sell well, I'm sure WotC will publish future novels on the famous dark elf.
Lord Rad Posted - 18 Aug 2004 : 19:06:59
I think someones been having a joke with you Rananteriel.

As Faraer stated, there are numerous FR novels lined up already and theres no sign to state that the novel line will wane.

As for Dragonlance, it has a HEAVY novel release schedule for the future ahead and has done for a good many years.

I wouldnt worry at all
Faraer Posted - 18 Aug 2004 : 18:40:22
Several books have been announced for 2005, and Ed Greenwood is contracted to write books that will be published through 2007 or 2008.

Where did you hear this rumour? Neither Dragonlance nor D&D have suffered deaths, horrible or otherwise.
Rananteriel Posted - 18 Aug 2004 : 18:37:32
Thank Vala for that ... I'm glad it's not stopping as i've been following the Drizzt story line for some time and would love to see what happens with him.

The Series is great if a little under published in Britain ... darn bookshops keep stopping there supplies DARN YOU CULTRE SHOCK!!!
Kameron M. Franklin Posted - 18 Aug 2004 : 18:33:33
While I highly doubt that WotC has any plans to stop publishing FR novels, turnover in the writer's "bullpen" is not unheard of. Familiar names move on to other projects and are replaced by fresh blood, but I'm fairly confident that new FR books will be showing up on shelves near you for the forseeable future.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000