Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Richard Lee Byers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shadowlord Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 01:42:29
I was wondering if anyone had any information on what FR materials Rich is working on now. I'm a fan of his work, and was just wondering if he had anything up and coming planned.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dargoth Posted - 29 Jan 2004 : 04:39:32
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

I wish George would poach me, then. Those books make big money for the authors. But so far, no.

*chuckle*

Rich doesnt know that Lucas sends the Authors to Kessel to write there novels, and their not allowed to leave until their finished :)
Shadowlord Posted - 29 Jan 2004 : 00:26:26
quote:

Jeez, Shadowlord, cut me a little slack. The Year of Rogue Dragons (of which The Rage is Book One) is an epic trilogy. These beasts take some time to crank out, you know?
But even so, I'll also have FR stories in Realms of the Dragons, and the June issue of Dragon Magazine. Both of those tie in to the trilogy.
Outside the FR, if anyone's interested, I've done a story for Children of the Rune, an anthology set in Monte Cook's Diamond Throne universe, and Fairy Tails, an anthology of fantasy stories about cats. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when either of those is coming out. In 2004, I hope.
By the way, thanks for saying you like my stuff. I appreciate it.

Oh, I understand completely. Dragon stories are VERY tough to crack, perhaps even more so than those terrible eggs from Stop and Shop.
And liking your work just comes naturally. I love what you did in the WotSQ, and if you keep writing like that, you have a lifelong fan.......
Kameron M. Franklin Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 19:53:24
quote:

I'll warn you that I didn't post much. I have an aversion to giving away the surprises in a story before it's even published. Sorry about that. But I think readers are more likely to enjoy the story if the writer didn't spoil it for them in advance.

What?!?! They didn't say anything about that in the WotC Handbook for New Authors! And I was about to post my outline for MoP. Phew! I'm glad I read your post first.

*waits for kick in the pants from veteran writer for being a smart alec*
Thomas M. Reid Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 19:51:54
quote:

I'm sorry, but I don't know if Ed's got a story in Children of the Rune. When an editor invites you to contribute to one of these projects, he (or she) doesn't ordinarily tell you who else is contributing.

Don't mean to hijack your personal thread here, Richard, but yes, that's the one with Ed's short story. I'll be writing one for it, too. In fact, if you want to read more about the anthology, click >> here. <<

Thomas
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 18:28:14
Please sift through the "Which FR Authors Have Migrated to these Boards?" topic, Cyric. I posted info about "The Year of Rogue Dragons" there.
I'll warn you that I didn't post much. I have an aversion to giving away the surprises in a story before it's even published. Sorry about that. But I think readers are more likely to enjoy the story if the writer didn't spoil it for them in advance.
Cyric Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 17:32:04
Yes could you give us some clues about what it is about and is it about the Cult of dragons to and what is the story line ?
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 17:12:22
I'm sorry, but I don't know if Ed's got a story in Children of the Rune. When an editor invites you to contribute to one of these projects, he (or she) doesn't ordinarily tell you who else is contributing.
Bookwyrm Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 16:21:57
Hmm. A dragon book. Finally, something interesting.

As for Fairy Tails, I think I'll have to look into that. This is one dragon that has a soft spot for cats.
SiriusBlack Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 16:05:01
quote:

I wish George would poach me, then. Those books make big money for the authors. But so far, no.

They pay you to write!!???? You don't do it just to entertain us masses?

Seriously, it does seem that many of the writers from the FR line end up doing work for the Star Wars' novel line.

quote:
Outside the FR, if anyone's interested, I've done a story for Children of the Rune, an anthology set in Monte Cook's Diamond Throne universe, and Fairy Tails, an anthology of fantasy stories about cats. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when either of those is coming out. In 2004, I hope

Cats? Interesting. Is the Monte Cook anthology the one he has Ed Greenwood writing for as well? Monte Cook does an excellent job promoting Malhavoc Press releases.

Richard Lee Byers Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 14:27:34
Dargoth Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 04:23:34
*chuckle*

What!! You mean you havent been hit up yet to write a novel in the SW universe Rich?

Im seriously begining to think that George poaches FR authors, Elaine, RAS, Voronica..............
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 03:43:33
Jeez, Shadowlord, cut me a little slack. The Year of Rogue Dragons (of which The Rage is Book One) is an epic trilogy. These beasts take some time to crank out, you know?
But even so, I'll also have FR stories in Realms of the Dragons, and the June issue of Dragon Magazine. Both of those tie in to the trilogy.
Outside the FR, if anyone's interested, I've done a story for Children of the Rune, an anthology set in Monte Cook's Diamond Throne universe, and Fairy Tails, an anthology of fantasy stories about cats. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when either of those is coming out. In 2004, I hope.
By the way, thanks for saying you like my stuff. I appreciate it.
Shadowlord Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 01:55:13
Ah, yes, the rage of dragons. But is there anything else?
CurseLord Posted - 28 Jan 2004 : 01:44:53
He is working on The Rage. Which should be out in April. http://www.candlekeep.com/bookshelf/novels/96536.htm

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000