Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 RA Salvatore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jornan Posted - 03 Apr 2013 : 03:24:55
OK, so I don't normally feel the need to delve into the personal lives of my favourite authors or anything like that and I mean no disrespect, but I read an interview at http://www.powells.com/blog/qa/powells-qa-r-a-salvatore-by-r-a-salvatore/ with RAS the other day and he said this:

Q. How do you relax?
A. Weight lifting/exercise/softball. I relax by getting in a sweat and working up a little (fierce) competition. When I get into this mode, it blurs out the world; I think about nothing but the task at hand. That, to me, is relaxation.

Or, on the flip side, I sit on the beach at Ka'anapali (Maui) with my beautiful wife, Chi Chi, in hand.

Was this a joke or has RAS remarried? I'm only curious because I have grown up reading this guy and it is almost like finding out my parents have split up. I also know that RAS says his writing is him making sense of the world and wonder if Dahlia isn't the product of relationship woes in real life. Once again, I mean no disrespect, I was just curious if anyone else knew or picked up on this.

Thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jornan Posted - 04 Apr 2013 : 02:58:16
LOL! Thanks for the clarification...I thought I might have been on to something with Dahlia...I guess not. I will rest easy. As for the commas he could still have been holding a woman's hand on the beach.
Aulduron Posted - 03 Apr 2013 : 23:36:35
quote:
Or, on the flip side, I sit on the beach at Ka'anapali (Maui) with my beautiful wife, Chi Chi, in hand.

Did he put all those commas in. If you drop the one after Chi Chi, it's something in his hand, not his wife.
BEAST Posted - 03 Apr 2013 : 17:19:13
Maybe that's just a nickname he has for Diane?
9thChapter Posted - 03 Apr 2013 : 06:02:02
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

OK, so I don't normally feel the need to delve into the personal lives of my favourite authors or anything like that and I mean no disrespect, but I read an interview at http://www.powells.com/blog/qa/powells-qa-r-a-salvatore-by-r-a-salvatore/ with RAS the other day and he said this:

Q. How do you relax?
A. Weight lifting/exercise/softball. I relax by getting in a sweat and working up a little (fierce) competition. When I get into this mode, it blurs out the world; I think about nothing but the task at hand. That, to me, is relaxation.

Was this a joke or has RAS remarried? I'm only curious because I have grown up reading this guy and it is almost like finding out my parents have split up. I also know that RAS says his writing is him making sense of the world and wonder if Dahlia isn't the product of relationship woes in real life. Once again, I mean no disrespect, I was just curious if anyone else knew or picked up on this.

Thanks

A chi chi is a frozen vodka cocktail.

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink2812.html

A good one, as well.

No drama required. You may rest easy.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000